House Edge / Player Edge for Early Surrender Game

aka23

I believe this game has a player edge of over 0.06%. However, I haven't seen a game with rules like this before, so I am not confident about an exact number. Does anyone one know the player edge or house edge for a game with the following rules?

--6 decks, shuffled after each hand
--Dealer stands on soft 17
--No dealer peek
--Double on any 2 cards
--Double after split
--No resplits
--Full early surrender (against both 10 and Ace)

Last edited:

Sonny

aka23 said:
--No dealer peek
What happens when the dealer gets a BJ? Do you lose all of your splits/doubles (European style), just your original bet (American style) or your original bet plus any busted hands (Aruba style)?

-Sonny-

aka23

Sonny said:
What happens when the dealer gets a BJ? Do you lose all of your splits/doubles (European style), just your original bet (American style) or your original bet plus any busted hands (Aruba style)?

-Sonny-
If you double/split and the dealer gets a BJ, you lose your full bet.

SystemsTrader

aka23 said:
I believe this game has a player edge of over 0.06%. However, I haven't seen a game with rules like this before, so I am not confident about an exact number. Does anyone one know the player edge or house edge for a game with the following rules?

--No dealer peek
--Double on any 2 cards
--Double after split
--No resplits
I've come up with a player edge of +.116% almost double what you have aka. When you say no resplits do you mean on aces? Is this a land based or online game?

aka23

SystemsTrader said:
I've come up with a player edge of +.116% almost double what you have aka. When you say no resplits do you mean on aces?
By no resplits, I meant that you can split any pair only once to make a maximum of two hands. I knew it was more than +0.06%, but +0.116% is significantly higher than I'd expect.

SystemsTrader said:
Is this a land based or online game?
It's an online game... VueTec standard blackjack.

SystemsTrader

aka23 said:
By no resplits, I meant that you can split any pair only once to make a maximum of two hands. I knew it was more than +0.06%, but +0.116% is significantly higher than I'd expect.
Ok this rule does change things as I calculated for splitting up to 4 hands, I assumed you meant no resplits as in aces. So I now have the same totals as you do of +0.062%

k_c

CA values

aka23 said:

--No dealer peek
--Double on any 2 cards
--Double after split
--No resplits
My total dependent combinatorial program gets +.0704% if you can surrender vs 2 through 9 and +.0683% if you can't.

k_c