How I remember my index plays...

Preston

I just tried this idea and it worked out magnificently.

To help me remember my index plays I made a chart for me to study.. and that was moderately effective.. but then I took my basic strategy card and put the two together using my computer to make my index chart look like a basic strategy card. I pulled it out at the table a couple times during my last session. If there is an index play It has the # listed, but if there isn't an index It just has an H, D, or S, or P by it.

Anyone think I'll get caught? I'm trying not to make a habit of it.

GeorgeD

Preston said:
I just tried this idea and it worked out magnificently.

To help me remember my index plays I made a chart for me to study.. and that was moderately effective.. but then I took my basic strategy card and put the two together using my computer to make my index chart look like a basic strategy card. I pulled it out at the table a couple times during my last session. If there is an index play It has the # listed, but if there isn't an index It just has an H, D, or S, or P by it.

Anyone think I'll get caught? I'm trying not to make a habit of it.

I doubt they'll figure it out .... if a PB looks and asks just tell him it's "your system" and the index plays are where you "use your gut instinct".

I used to use a home made BS card. A pit guy wanted to see it once. He studied it suspiciously, glared at me for a second, gave it back and left. I think he figured the glare would scare me away if I was an AP.

21forme

Every now and then, I pull out my BS card for a little "play dumb." on a soft hand or a potential split. Not uncommonly, someone else at the table asks to see it, where did you get it, etc. It would be hard to explain what the numbers mean :grin:

moo321

If anyone asks to see it, tell them that it is EXTREMELY lucky, and the luck will rub off if anyone else touches it.

RG1

When I was trying to learn my index #'s I did the same thing. But I also printed out a regular BS card that looked exactly the same and took it with me. That way if anybody asked to see it I could say "I actually have one you can have" and pull out the BS card for them to keep. Add moo321's suggestion to that and you shouldn't have a problem unless the eye zooms in on it at the request of the PC.

Knox

Anything other than a regular BS card is not worth the risk. An index play card = bad idea. I just write my customized playing strategy down on a small piece of paper and keep it in my pocket. If I have trouble remember anything, i just go to the bathroon and refresh my memory. That's about the only place you can avoid those darn cameras!