How much does surrender affect EV in high counts and high bets ?

Ok guys , i am playing the game with following rules

6D , H17 , resplit aces , DAS , Double any pair , Late surrender

How much does surrender weigh in during higher counts ? I am using fab 4 for surrender. Can someone please please please :grin: run a sim on how much money the surrender converts into ?? I had some good variance today and also little bad variance too. My betting schedule for this game is like this.

TC < -1 leave the table
+2 = 2 units
+3 = 4 units
+4 = 8 units
+5 = 10 units
+6 or more 15 units

This schedule is working for me and the PCs dont mind it. This is at a $10 table. I have only little experience with surrender. I can learn some more indices. All i am wondering is how does the surrender affect at higher counts ? Could some one give me some advice on how to handle bad hands on high counts :) I am winning more and more but cannot make surrender decisions properly in higher counts. This is losing some of those hands where i am pretty sure that the dealer will have (X,X) but not knowing what to do at this point when one of these hands are got. I wanna crush this game as much as possible. Its giving me good money :whip::whip::whip:

Surrender is worth a ton! More than any other optional rule. Not only does it increase your EV, it decreases your risk.

The Fab 4 are good, and the other indices worth learning are: 14 vs. 9, 14 vs. A, 13 vs. 10, 16 vs. 8, 88 vs. 10, and in your H17 game 88 vs. A. Those plays provide valuable cover because they make you look like the typical civilian who doesn't know how to use surrender.

Automatic Monkey said:
Surrender is worth a ton! More than any other optional rule. Not only does it increase your EV, it decreases your risk.

The Fab 4 are good, and the other indices worth learning are: 14 vs. 9, 14 vs. A, 13 vs. 10, 16 vs. 8, 88 vs. 10, and in your H17 game 88 vs. A. Those plays provide valuable cover because they make you look like the typical civilian who doesn't know how to use surrender.
Hey AM, could you give me some reference where i can find a table or something to learn these indices ? I tried googling but did not find anything other than fab 4. Thank you

Automatic Monkey said:

I know this thread is almost a year old. But still , can some one please post the above indices AM is talking about.

Thank you

SleightOfHand

dumbWinner said:
I know this thread is almost a year old. But still , can some one please post the above indices AM is talking about.

Thank you
Lets stop being lazy and get the information for ourselves. You can find it in Professional Blackjack (or you can buy ECAA :) ). They can actually also be found in CVCX or CVBJ if you don't want to generate them in CVData.

You can probably find it on the internet somewhere if you look hard enough (not even that hard).

NightStalker

somehow couldn't merge the formatting

Hand = Surrender
17 Vs A =2®
15,16 Vs A = Always
16 Vs 10 =Always
15 Vs 10 =0
8,8 Vs 10 =1®
16 Vs 9 =0
15 Vs 9 =2
14 Vs 10 =3
14 Vs A =4
7,7 Vs 10/A =2

SleightOfHand said:
Lets stop being lazy and get the information for ourselves. You can find it in Professional Blackjack (or you can buy ECAA :) ). They can actually also be found in CVCX or CVBJ if you don't want to generate them in CVData.

You can probably find it on the internet somewhere if you look hard enough (not even that hard).
Actually i searched long enough but wasn't finding anything on google. Also yeah, i was playing without these indices and was assuming it to be working out fine. I wanted some one to post these because it kinda makes the thread complete and it would help me too. I will find the rest of those indices and post them to this thread.

Hi nightstalker , thank you for your post.