How often do you benefit from dealer errors?

Am curious about how often this happens.

Today a dealer dealt me 22 and then announced "21". Needless to say, there were a lot of cards involved.

I won the hand and the other players were if anything more stone-faced than I effected to be. I imagine a lot of them did not even notice.

shadroch

Some dealers make more mistakes than others. Some players like to track down dealers who make mistakes.Its not like there is a formula for it.

kewljason

shadroch said:
Some dealers make more mistakes than others. Some players like to track down dealers who make mistakes.Its not like there is a formula for it.
And some players like to 'encourage' dealer errors. Rainbow wagering can sometimes accomplish this. A trick I used to use was anytime the dealer dealt me a 5 or more card 22, I would say something like" oh wow...21!" You would be surprised how often that will work. Maybe a quarter of the time. Especially at low levels where the newer dealers often are. In the end, I didn't care for winning that way, so I didn't apply those techniques for long. I don't begrudge those that do. It's just not for me. :)

kewljason said:
And some players like to 'encourage' dealer errors. Rainbow wagering can sometimes accomplish this.

STOP right there! :laugh:

kewljason said:
A trick I used to use was anytime the dealer dealt me a 5 or more card 22, I would say something like" oh wow...21!" You would be surprised how often that will work. Maybe a quarter of the time. Especially at low levels where the newer dealers often are. In the end, I didn't care for winning that way, so I didn't apply those techniques for long. I don't begrudge those that do. It's just not for me. :)
I've been at a table with a partner and the partner got overpaid, so I immediately fabricated a dispute with my own hand to distract the dealer and keep her from reflecting on the overpay and possibly reversing it.

But my favorite way to induce errors is with hand jive, getting a dealer to reveal a card before making a decision.

sometimes it helps to add a little fun to try to get away with some dealer mispays.. one time a not so savvy dealer had A A and drew a nine... i yelled "cmon - big card for the bust!" he looked at his hand kinda confused, shrugged and then drew a face card to "bust" his hand and proceeded to pay everyone. too bad more dealers don't use the hit soft 21 rule!

KingHenry said:
sometimes it helps to add a little fun to try to get away with some dealer mispays.. one time a not so savvy dealer had A A and drew a nine... i yelled "cmon - big card for the bust!" he looked at his hand kinda confused, shrugged and then drew a face card to "bust" his hand and proceeded to pay everyone. too bad more dealers don't use the hit soft 21 rule!
The dealer had a hard 21

kewljason said:
A trick I used to use was anytime the dealer dealt me a 5 or more card 22, I would say something like" oh wow...21!" You would be surprised how often that will work. Maybe a quarter of the time.
This one is mentioned in Blackjack for Blood. And it is a good one. As soon as you take that 5th, 6th, or 7th little card, knowing it just gave you exactly 22, let out a little "yessss" and tuck your cards with confidence.

As you said, break-in dealers likely to pay it.

I've seen some crazy mispays, but saw the wildest one ever a few weeks ago. The dealer had a bust card up, and no player had anything worthwhile. Everyone stood on weak hands (I had a 17) all the way around, and the dealer flips a 10, then draws a 3 for an 18. Meanwhile, he's having a conversation with the player at 3rd base and the guy standing behind him. Even though his 18 beat everyone at the table, the dealer proceeds to pay us all. No one said anything.