If I could only pick one what would it be?

Anthony

Hello,

I'm ready to buy a computer program that will help make me an expert in card counting and want to do it right. What program should I buy, how much does it appx cost, and hows it work?

Thank you
Anthony

P.S. I want to master single and double deck.

Garo

While we are on the subject...

What is the difference between CVCX and CVData? From the product discriptions they sound very similar.

some answers until Norm chimes in

CVCX is what I use. It lets you choose the rules of the game, and it sims a bunch of rounds (min is 50 million I think) to give you a good idea of the "long term results" for that game. Then you can twiddle with your betting unit and ramp, or let CVCX optimize the bet ramp for your bankroll, to see the actual hourly win rate.

CVData is more complex, and will actually run a lot of sims and compute optimal BS departure indices, which CVCX won't do. Of course very few are going to memorize multiple sets of playing indices for different game rules, decks, penetration, etc.

I use CVCX all the time, as it provides exactly the information I need to choose between different games where there is a difference in rules, or in penetration, or whatever. And it lets me see what effect my own betting ramp will have on my EV as opposed to the optimal. I believe that CVData lets you do more complex betting strategies (cover betting) where CVCX does not...

You can download trial versions to see more about the differences. I have not personlly played with CVData (yet). I've run CVCX a bunch.

The long and short of BJ software

The long: the CV Suite of software. All of it. $300 or so.
The short: CVCX. Once you use this most impressive piece of software, you'll never (or should never, unless you're tracking) play a poor penetration game again.

cheers
bfb