I'll sit out this one

Dopple

What about sitting out a round, or sometime two? I suppose it depends on the heat level. This can be a powerful weapon when you have hit Dons departure point but want be on deck for a shift in the TC. If the dealer has been winning a few in a row you are "changing up the flow" and the others go with it. If you can get away with it you can sit out fairly often and still hold your seat but I suppose you are branding yourself as one of those wicked APs.

BoSox

Dopple said:
What about sitting out a round, or sometime two? I suppose it depends on the heat level. This can be a powerful weapon when you have hit Dons departure point but want be on deck for a shift in the TC. If the dealer has been winning a few in a row you are "changing up the flow" and the others go with it. If you can get away with it you can sit out fairly often and still hold your seat but I suppose you are branding yourself as one of those wicked APs.
Depending upon where you play and your level of play will often determine just how much leeway the house is going to give you. For all intent the heavier the action you give the more you will be watched and the less AP moves you will be able to get away with, and the better the act you will need. Take my word for this one, any of the other player/players at the table will be shortly blaming you personally for their current bad fortune if you sit out hands too often, this should not bother you unless someone complains to the pit personnel. Surely they will not blame themselves. Another good reason for sitting out hands is if you already wonged out a little too much, and there are only a few hands left to the shuffle point anyway. I will use this last move on NMET when I like the cut a certain dealer is giving.

Last edited:
Dopple said:
If for example you could sit out every other negative count hand it would
reduce your net effective minimum bet by half. That would be a good thing.