Illustrious 18 for Hi-Opt II?

Fyya

Can someone post the Illustrious 18 and Fab 4 Surrenders for Hi-Opt II with Ace side count? I would like the Insurance index as well.

I'l playing with 8 decks and standard Atlantic City rules:
Double on any two cards
Double after split
Dealer stands on all 17
Late surrender
Resplit all but Aces
Resplit up to 3 hands
Blackjack pays 3 to 1
Insurance pays 2 to 1

But if you could post the full indices or the entire matrix that would be even better.

Thanks!

Last edited:

assume_R

Deathclutch said:
Insurance at 4? Everything I've seen has said 5 or 6.
Perhaps these are Risk Averse, in which case you'd might want to take insurance sooner to lower the variance when you have large bets out? Just a thought... could be mistaken.

Deathclutch

assume_R said:
Perhaps these are Risk Averse, in which case you'd might want to take insurance sooner to lower the variance when you have large bets out? Just a thought... could be mistaken.
The rest of them don't appear to be risk adverse though. That's odd.

Beast

I played HO2 for years, and I can tell you the insurance index is 5 for all decks. RA indices generally pertain to splits and DD's. The only time I recall anything related to insurance was when taking even money.

Fyya

Fab 4 Surrenders for Hi-Opt II with Ace sidecount
Standard Atlantic City Rules, 8 Decks

Code:
14 Vs. 10   +5
15 Vs. 10    0
15 Vs. 9    +2
15 Vs. A    +2
Will someone please tell me if this is correct?

QFIT

For Insurance:

• Braun said +6 -- but stated that this was conservative. Meaning the real index was lower.
  • Grosjean's book (using SBA) says +5.
  • CVData says +5 for 2-8 decks, +4 for single deck.
Guess which I agree with.:)

fwb

QFIT said:
For Insurance:

• Braun said +6 -- but stated that this was conservative. Meaning the real index was lower.
I can see CVData does that in the results, but CVData/CVBJ's strategy table for Hi-Opt II says insurance is at 6 for all decks, why?

Also with Hi Opt II, I've always wondered why with just illustrious 18 enabled, CV says no DD on A3 vs 4, but full indicies say to double >=2. That hand is an inherent +3 RC and BS says to DD (http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bjbse.php?numdecks=2+decks&soft17=h17&dbl=all&das=yes&surr=ns&peek=yes).

Last edited:

Deathclutch

QFIT said:
For Insurance:

That's good to know, I've been using the +6. I'll drop down to +5.

QFIT

fwb said:
I can see CVData does that in the results, but CVData/CVBJ's strategy table for Hi-Opt II says insurance is at 6 for all decks, why?

Also with Hi Opt II, I've always wondered why with just illustrious 18 enabled, CV says no DD on A3 vs 4, but full indicies say to double >=2. That hand is an inherent +3 RC and BS says to DD (http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bjbse.php?numdecks=2+decks&soft17=h17&dbl=all&das=yes&surr=ns&peek=yes).
CV uses the tables from the books (with permission) because that's what most people use. When you click on any of the options that limit indexes, it substitutes values from BS for those indexes turned off. You cannot devine the BS by looking at the index. Otherwise, 16vten would be stand.