Im Still Confused-HELP

callipygian

wvbjplayer said:
Seems to me that counting 7s-9s as ANYTHING, plus OR negative, would skew the count to appear disproportionately (un)favorable, barring appropriate adjustments (such as assigning fractional values to mid-sized cards), as are made in the more advanced systems like Uston APC and Revere APM.
7's are as bad as 2's, and I believe there is a system which counts 3-7 vs. 10-A. 9's are as good as 2's and 7's are bad, again, I believe there's a system which counts 2-7 vs. 9-A. All of these should be pretty close to Hi-Lo. Hi-Lo chooses 2-6 vs. 10-A for simplicity, not mathematical accuracy.

I think the Wong Halves best approximates the actual value of every card. If not, I'm sure there's some level 3 count out there that does this.

2: +0.5
3: +1
4: +1
5: +1.5
6: +1
7: +0.5
8: 0
9: -0.5
10: -1
A: -1

however i still dont understand what the advantage is when the count is high?
I looked through the posts and didn't really see an answer to that question specifically.

Well alex, there are 4 ways in which a high count is good for the player.

1. More blackjacks (and blackjacks pay *3:2)(yes dealer can get them also)
2. Dealer Busts more
3. Better double downs
4. Adjusting your basic strategy play with (index plays) because you now know that the probability of getting a 10 or higher is very likely and you might bust or make a hand, so you can adjust your play.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Sonny

Mixolydian87 said:
1. More blackjacks (and black jacks pay 2:1)(yes dealer can get them also)
That's a great game! Most BJs only pay 3:2. :)

Mixolydian87 said:
2. Dealer Busts more
Actually, the dealer busts less in high counts because he gets fewer stiff hands:

http://www.blackjackincolor.com/useless2.htm

As you said, the main advantage comes from BJs and successful doubles. Insurance also gives you a nice boost.

-Sonny-

callipygian

Sonny said:
Actually, the dealer busts less in high counts because he gets fewer stiff hands:
Perhaps a useless point, but the dealer will also bust less at low counts. :grin:

Code:
TC	Dealer Bust
-5	0.2841
-4	0.2847
-3	0.2852
-2	0.2854
-1	0.2855
0	0.2854
1	0.2851
2	0.2846
3	0.2839
4	0.2829
5	0.2817

N&B

789 skewing the count? The original 10's count is heresy? C'mon give old Ed a break.

10's -2
everything else +1 (zero for the 8 is balanced)

IIRC Ustons Advanced count also counted 7's and 8's in the RC.

you guys didnt answer my question... arethe only things that the player can use to his advantage-
1. whatever the count is
2. Whatever the penetration is
3. However many decks are being used

Is there another factor a player must take in??

sagefr0g

kingalex1 said:
you guys didnt answer my question... arethe only things that the player can use to his advantage-
1. whatever the count is
2. Whatever the penetration is
3. However many decks are being used

Is there another factor a player must take in??
thats a fantastic question!
just wish i could answer it.
maybe how you leverage your bankroll might be an advantage relatively speaking. along with that maybe how you spread and ramp your bets.
the various rules you might encounter may be an advantage or disadvantage relatively speaking.
to wong or not to wong another.
possible profitable side bets, promotions and comps. match plays, discounts give aways.
scavenger plays with your fellow table mates.
maybe catch a glimpse of the hole card. maybe track a slug of profitable cards through a shuffle. maybe know an ace or a ten is comming out.
one i like is to try and really understand your self and what type of play is appropriate for that person you are.
so many things. possibilities. it's like a dream. :rolleyes: