Initial bet higher than minimum

Had an experience recently where I was playing a 6d game with a $100 minimum bet for my spread. The RC tanked during the first deck to -6, TC -1 and I walked up $550.

Question #1: did I unknowingly play that first deck starting with an advantage? I figure RC +6, TC +6 for that deck, ~3% advantage.
Question #2: is it worth while having my initial bet higher than my minimum, say $200, then dropping as the count drops?

DSchles

Burnitdown said:
Had an experience recently where I was playing a 6d game with a $100 minimum bet for my spread. The RC tanked during the first deck to -6, TC -1 and I walked up $550.

Question #1: did I unknowingly play that first deck starting with an advantage? I figure RC +6, TC +6 for that deck, ~3% advantage.
Question #2: is it worth while having my initial bet higher than my minimum, say $200, then dropping as the count drops?
1. The shuffled cards didn't start with an advantage, but the advantage developed over the first deck, which you didn't know about.
2. As camouflage yes. To gain any additional edge, no. You have no edge off the top of a freshly shuffled shoe. If you bet more on the first hand, that house edge operates on a larger bet.

Don