is hi-lo worth learning

Im fairly new to blackjack and it seems that from reading the forum, the general consensus is that the hi-lo system is kind of outdated and other systems are used more often. such as the hi-Opt II system. I am decent with BS and I have been teaching myself to use the hi-lo system. I was wondering if my time is better spent learning something else or if I should learn the hi-lo system and then use that to build off of.

-thanks for helping out the newbie
-Langstroth21

E-town-guy

You must have misread some of the posts. The hi-lo system is definitely the way to go, it is both simple and effective. Eventually when you become comfortable with the hi-lo, the indices and the many other aspects of the game consider switching to the zen count for a slightly great ev.

OK, I didnt know if you should know the hi-lo to get a good foundation. I may have been misguided but it seemed like some mebers have the opinion that hi-lo is not very beneficial to use.

thanks for the info! :rolleyes:

Langstroth21 said:
Im fairly new to blackjack and it seems that from reading the forum, the general consensus is that the hi-lo system is kind of outdated and other systems are used more often. such as the hi-Opt II system.
Actually its the other way - most counters use HiLo and its sophisticated counts like HO2 that are out-dated. zg

neemo6

Langstroth21 said:
I am decent with BS and I have been teaching myself to use the hi-lo system. I was wondering if my time is better spent learning something else or if I should learn the hi-lo system and then use that to build off of.

-Langstroth21
Make sure that you become more than just decent with BS before taking on a counting system.