I've had enough (non-blackjack related)

ZenKinG

Because I'm banned once again on WOV because the admins there are little babies and you can't throw one f-bomb without getting banned for a week, i now have to post my frustration here and this is simply about how dirty these fucking apartments are in downtown las vegas.

I posted last week about how I just moved into a this condo/apartment downtown. It was a nice space for the price and was really happy 'initially'. Well I soon found out this place is infested with bed bugs. Not to mention, this was after I came from a weekly downtown as well for one week after I got back from Portugal where the weekly had little baby cockroaches or w.e the fuck it was each night in the kitchen crawling around.

So long story short, I move into this new place. I toss out the furnished bed and couch that was there already(that was my plan anyway regardless if I saw any bed bugs as I don't want any previously owned furniture from anyone else) and had pest control come and do a heat treatment where they heat up your place to around 140-160 degrees to kill everything in there. I then bought a new bed couch, and dining room table the day after they did treatment thinking everything would be fine now and I could 'start over' rather than buying anything pre-treatment.

Well guess what? The heat treatment failed. I already got bit the very first hour on the very first night I slept on my new bed. I then spotted another one that fell on my leg when I went into the living room chair by the kichen. This is a fucking joke. How the hell can the heat treatment fail when I didnt even have any furniture in the damn 500 square foot apartment. I mean seriously, how infested does this fucking place have to be for the heat treatment to still fail? Once again, Im cursed. I have to be the 1% once again that has this happen. Heat treatments are notorious to work well, especially if there's nothing in the fucking apartment.

Not only have I ow just wasted 300+ on new furnishings that have become possible infested, but now im completely depressed and full of anxiety looking over my shoulder for bugs. If they dont let me out of the lease it's time to get lawyers involved. I have a video I took befoer pest control came and now I will take another video. This place is a complete joke. Not once in my life have I ever experienced anything like this. Other apartments, hotels, never once in my life had I had a place like this that's completely infested.

I honestly don't know what to do now. What if my new bed and couch is infested now? By the way I talked to other tenants and they all said they had bed bug problems too when they first moved in, but the heat treatment was done and they didn't have a problem since other than this one other guy who has his unit done 4 times now. I'm honestly lost for words, I'm just pissing away money in this new place and now I'm completely paranoid about the new furniture I just bought. Fuck my life and fuck this dirty downtown bullshit full of crackheads and dirty fucking trash people.

Last edited:

BJgenius007

ZenKinG said:
Because I'm banned once again on WOV because the admins there are little babies and you can't throw one f-bomb without getting banned for a week, i now have to post my frustration here and this is simply about how dirty these fucking apartments are in downtown las vegas.

I posted last week about how I just moved into a this condo/apartment downtown. It was a nice space for the price and was really happy 'initially'. Well I soon found out this place is infested with bed bugs. Not to mention, this was after I came from a weekly downtown as well for one week after I got back from Portugal where the weekly had little baby cockroaches or w.e the fuck it was each night in the kitchen crawling around.

So long story short, I move into this new place. I toss out the furnished bed and couch that was there already(that was my plan anyway regardless if I saw any bed bugs as I don't want any previously owned furniture from anyone else) and had pest control come and do a heat treatment where they heat up your place to around 140-160 degrees to kill everything in there. I then bought a new bed couch, and dining room table the day after they did treatment thinking everything would be fine now and I could 'start over' rather than buying anything pre-treatment.

Well guess what? The heat treatment failed. I already got bit the very first hour on the very first night I slept on my new bed. I then spotted another one that fell on my leg when I went into the living room chair by the kichen. This is a fucking joke. How the hell can the heat treatment fail when I didnt even have any furniture in the damn 500 square foot apartment. I mean seriously, how infested does this fucking place have to be for the heat treatment to still fail? Once again, Im cursed. I have to be the 1% once again that has this happen. Heat treatments are notorious to work well, especially if there's nothing in the fucking apartment.

Not only have I ow just wasted 300+ on new furnishings that have become possible infested, but now im completely depressed and full of anxiety looking over my shoulder for bugs. If they dont let me out of the lease it's time to get lawyers involved. I have a video I took befoer pest control came and now I will take another video. This place is a complete joke. Not once in my life have I ever experienced anything like this. Other apartments, hotels, never once in my life had I had a place like this that's completely infested.

I honestly don't know what to do now. What if my new bed and couch is infested now? By the way I talked to other tenants and they all said they had bed bug problems too when they first moved in, but the heat treatment was done and they didn't have a problem since other than this one other guy who has his unit done 4 times now. I'm honestly lost for words, I'm just pissing away money in this new place and now I'm completely paranoid about the new furniture I just bought. Fuck my life and fuck this dirty downtown bullshit full of crackheads and dirty fucking trash people.
About bed bugs, Google "use double sided sticky tape to trap bed bugs." Basically after cleaning your bed, you need to tape the double sided sticky tape to the four legs of your bed so bed bugs cannot climb up to your bed. Also keep your bed away from the wall so the bed bugs cannot climb up the wall then jump to your bed.

KewlJ

BJgenius007 said:
About bed bugs, Google "use double sided sticky tape to trap bed bugs." Basically after cleaning your bed, you need to tape the double sided sticky tape to the four legs of your bed so bed bugs cannot climb up to your bed. Also keep your bed away from the wall so the bed bugs cannot climb up the wall then jump to your bed.
Yeah all those remedies and advice you read online are of little value believe me. I went through a bed bug situation back in Philadelphia in an apartment building situation. Once an apartment building or multi-unit building gets bedbugs, it is impossible for a single tenant to get rid of them. They live in the walls and floorboads. Only way to get rid of them is for ALL tenants and units to be treated at the same time and it would require several treatments to eradicate them. They are tough little buggers.

There is a downtown apartment complex Park Avenue at 711 carson, that has notoriously had bed bugs for years. Many many stories on the local news and almost every online review you read will mention bed bugs. While I don't expect him to confirm it, I really hope that is not where ZK moved into.

ZenKinG

KewlJ said:
Yeah all those remedies and advice you read online are of little value believe me. I went through a bed bug situation back in Philadelphia in an apartment building situation. Once an apartment building or multi-unit building gets bedbugs, it is impossible for a single tenant to get rid of them. They live in the walls and floorboads. Only way to get rid of them is for ALL tenants and units to be treated at the same time and it would require several treatments to eradicate them. They are tough little buggers.

There is a downtown apartment complex Park Avenue at 711 carson, that has notoriously had bed bugs for years. Many many stories on the local news and almost every online review you read will mention bed bugs. While I don't expect him to confirm it, I really hope that is not where ZK moved into.
That is not where I'm staying. I like BJGenious suggestion. I removed everything from the apartment except the headboard that is attached to the ball but i thoroughly inspected it and sprayed it and took it off the wall before the heat treatment as well. My first guess is they might be coming from there, but the heat should have killed them. I think it's time to throw that headboard in the trash too. I even washed my clothes and dryed them more than 4 times now just to make sure im not carrying them from place to place. After the heat treatment i washed it again and vaccumed the whole place. After i put in new furniture i did the same routine. This is the most helpless feeling in the world. Blackjack is hard enough. Not being able to get a good nights sleep and always wondering if you're about to get bit is something else.

The lease I signed was from Sept 22 to Oct. 21 and renews every month. Well Monday I have to pay them for the month, but am I legally required to have to pay them if they have not provided a safe place to live at? I literally havent slept half of the time I've been here. I'm stressed, anxious, helpless, and sleep deprived. Do i have any legal recourse if the landlord forces me to pay the lease and threatens me with a fee for breaking the lease? I will file a complaint with the rental protection agency if they tell me I have to pay on Monday. Im taking this to higher authority. This is a complete joke. I dont know how apartments can lease to tenants knowing full well their place is infested and not tell them ahead of time and have anything in the lease about a possible warning of an infestation.

Last edited:
ZenKinG said:
That is not where I'm staying. I like BJGenious suggestion. I removed everything from the apartment except the headboard that is attached to the ball but i thoroughly inspected it and sprayed it and took it off the wall before the heat treatment as well. My first guess is they might be coming from there, but the heat should have killed them. I think it's time to throw that headboard in the trash too. I even washed my clothes and dryed them more than 4 times now just to make sure im not carrying them from place to place. After the heat treatment i washed it again and vaccumed the whole place. After i put in new furniture i did the same routine. This is the most helpless feeling in the world. Blackjack is hard enough. Not being able to get a good nights sleep and always wondering if you're about to get bit is something else.

The lease I signed was from Sept 22 to Oct. 21 and renews every month. Well Monday I have to pay them for the month, but am I legally required to have to pay them if they have not provided a safe place to live at? I literally havent slept half of the time I've been here. I'm stressed, anxious, helpless, and sleep deprived. Do i have any legal recourse if the landlord forces me to pay the lease and threatens me with a fee for breaking the lease? I will file a complaint with the rental protection agency if they tell me I have to pay on Monday. Im taking this to higher authority. This is a complete joke. I dont know how apartments can lease to tenants knowing full well their place is infested and not tell them ahead of time and have anything in the lease about a possible warning of an infestation.

You have to get someone out there again. Basically any type of furniture including rugs (and carpet) depending on how bad it is. Then you have someone come out and heat it. Well, it could also take multiple attemps then they can also do stuff for prevention of those little shits.

Because its also an apartment, someone else near you could have them and if they dont get it treated you can still get them regardless of any attemps to get rid of them.

BJgenius007

Sneaky_gnome69 said:
You have to get someone out there again. Basically any type of furniture including rugs (and carpet) depending on how bad it is. Then you have someone come out and heat it. Well, it could also take multiple attemps then they can also do stuff for prevention of those little shits.

Because its also an apartment, someone else near you could have them and if they dont get it treated you can still get them regardless of any attemps to get rid of them.
Bed bugs can live in any crack on the floor and wall. They came out in the dark while you are sleeping. The priority is to keep them away from your bed so you can have a good night sleep. So that is why I suggest double taping the legs of the bed and keep the bed away from any wall.

ZenKinG

BJgenius007 said:
Bed bugs can live in any crack on the floor and wall. They came out in the dark while you are sleeping. The priority is to keep them away from your bed so you can have a good night sleep. So that is why I suggest double taping the legs of the bed and keep the bed away from any wall.
I took the bed away from the wall and didn't get bit and was able to sleep for 4 hours. I dont know if that had anything to do with it, but maybe it did. Im about to toss out the headboard, shouldve done it from the beginning. Regarding the double sided tape, would plastic work just as great because my box spring still has the plastic on which I left on purposely to deter them from getting inside the box spring area even though some of the plastic has holes. But are they able to crawl up plastic?

Last edited:
Damn ZK, that`s just miserable. I feel for you. I wish I had some kind of helpful advice to add, but I`ve never dealt with bed bugs before. I`ve heard some of the hotels here have even had problems with them (nice ones too).

ZenKinG

I dont even care anymore. Everyone's sympathy on here is irrelevant and while I appreciate it, sympathy doesnt change a damn thing. Even if you guys leave ideas to fight this, it wont change anything simply because God hates me and my life is one big troll. With that being said I will absolutely destroy the landlord today though before I pay my rent though and then just leave on oct. 31st.

I now go to sleep each night knowing i will donate blood each night. Its a fucking blood drive in this apartment. Im done obsessing over it. Its just constant adversity in my life. I even saw a massive cockroach running down my wall my last night. The size of thing was unreal. Never seen anything like it.

Anyone else wouldve jumped off a bridge by now but thats why I say im the best at everything because how do I handle all of this? Not even I know, but I realized my life was one big troll from god a long time ago so this doesnt even bother me anymore, it's honestly expected. I just wonder what the next batch of adversity will be, which should happen soon.

I mean let's be honest, did I really expect anything positive to ever happen to me for any significant amount of time? I cant go longer than 1 month without something horrible happening. It honestly feels so awkward when my life is going great because I just have a gut feeling in my stomach something bad is going to happen because Im not supposed to feel happiness in my troll life.

I also can care less about these bed bugs, if they want my blood, come and get it. Ill even start making it easier for them and have a bucket of blood on the side of the bed for them. Whatever these bugs want ill give it to them. I havent even mentioned how I had mosquitoes flying around my room in Portugal each night where I got bit so many times that I lost count.

If you guys know of any fleas, bed bugs, mosquitoes, any parasite that wants my blood please drop them by. Ill even leave my window open. Im done fighting anything in this world. Ive reached the enlightment phase. My purpose in this life has been discovered. Im here to help everyone and everything and that includes insects who want my blood. Meanwhile Ill continue living my troll joke of a life.

Last edited:

ZenKinG

UPDATE.

I knew the bugs were still in here. They sent a K9 to inspect it and the dog signaled that the bugs were behind the headboard as well as behind the wood that holds the headboard upright and supposedly in the left corner of my box spring that I just bought.

I'm honestly done. Blood donation incoming tonight.

Last edited:

BJgenius007

Why don't you go to a cheap motel for a good night sleep? That is the best thing for living in Las Vegas. You can trade one hour EV for a good night sleep.

I’d look for a casita or something on Airbnb. FWIW Vegas is notorious for cockroaches, tough to avoid that one in LV. You might try to learn how to inspect for bedbugs and do so before your lease if you’re going to do the weekly/monthly thing, I’d just as soon buy a minivan and sleep in parking lots before I’d trust Vegas weeklies.

Dummy

ZenKinG said:
Well guess what? The heat treatment failed.
The building needs to be treated. The bugs just go from one apartment to the other if the whole building isn't done at the same time. When you move the bugs will probably move with you. Do your best to make sure this doesn't happen. You will probably fail but it is worth all the extra effort it takes.

BJgenius007

Dummy said:
The building needs to be treated. The bugs just go from one apartment to the other if the whole building isn't done at the same time. When you move the bugs will probably move with you. Do your best to make sure this doesn't happen. You will probably fail but it is worth all the extra effort it takes.
Before moving to the new place, you need to use hot water wash ALL your clothes.

Last edited:

ZenKinG

Dummy said:
I'm aware of that. These owners are too cheap to do that, which is quite funny because they're gonna end up spending more money doing one at a time every single time someone complains. They need to do it all at once and tent up the whole building. Someone on the second floor said they already had the heat treatment 4 times so I'm not holding my breath that the 2nd one they did yesterday will work. I probably won't be here too long if I get bit one more time, this is ridiculous. I like the place, but I never seen a bed bug problem this badly.