July 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewljason

Well-Known Member
#1
A Very Happy 4th of July to everyone! As we celebrate the anniversary of the birth of our country with barbeques, parades and fireworks, let us keep the brave men and women fighting for our country overseas, in our thoughts.
 

Albee

Well-Known Member
#2
I second that!!

Happy 4th everyone.....I second keeping our service men and women in our thoughts and prayers!
 

psyduck

Well-Known Member
#5
kewljason said:
A Very Happy 4th of July to everyone! As we celebrate the anniversary of the birth of our country with barbeques, parades and fireworks, let us keep the brave men and women fighting for our country overseas, in our thoughts.
I hope they know what they are fighting for better than I do.
 

Elhombre

Well-Known Member
#6
, let us keep the brave men and women fighting for our country overseas, in our thoughts.[/QUOTE]

For what do they murder other people in the whole world ?, for US oil ? :whip:

Elhombre
 

aslan

Well-Known Member
#7
psyduck said:
I hope they know what they are fighting for better than I do.
War is an ugly and often senseless reality, but the brave men and women who fight it do not have the luxury of calling the shots nor understanding the reasons why. They are allowed but three words, "Duty, Honor, Country." It is our job as noncombatant citizens to make sure that no man or woman is asked to give up his life without sufficient cause. If we have not done all in our power to accomplish that, the shame is on us.

"Forward, the Light Brigade!"
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Someone had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

From the Charge of the Light Brigade by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
 

Katweezel

Well-Known Member
#8
INTO THE VALLEY OF DEATH RODE THE BRAVE (STUPID) 600. That poem was about Britain's ill-fated invasion of Afghanistan - when like others before them, and the Russians in 1989 - they all got their asses kicked by the local Mujaheddin. These freedom fighters hate invaders and have a long history of defeating... invaders. Here's a pic of a painting depicting the defeat of the 600.
Zen Zone stuff.
 

Attachments

aslan

Well-Known Member
#9
Katweezel said:
INTO THE VALLEY OF DEATH RODE THE BRAVE (STUPID) 600. That poem was about Britain's ill-fated invasion of Afghanistan - when like others before them, and the Russians in 1989 - they all got their asses kicked by the local Mujaheddin. These freedom fighters hate invaders and have a long history of defeating... invaders. Here's a pic of a painting depicting the defeat of the 600.
Zen Zone stuff.
I think you missed the point.
 

Albee

Well-Known Member
#10
Kinda sad

When I posted, I wondered if others would object or post something other than supportive.

It's sad. Those men and women are far from home fighting a battle they don't have a choice in.....no one said you had to support the reasons....but please support the brave folks that are there.

I enjoy my lifestyle and FREEDOM......and I appreciate our Military!
 

aslan

Well-Known Member
#11
Albee said:
When I posted, I wondered if others would object or post something other than supportive.

It's sad. Those men and women are far from home fighting a battle they don't have a choice in.....no one said you had to support the reasons....but please support the brave folks that are there.

I enjoy my lifestyle and FREEDOM......and I appreciate our Military!
Well said. That's one of the downsides to living in a free society for which these valiant warriors put their lives on the line day in and day out while we sit back and pontificate. I have nothing but praise for anyone who puts their life on the line for me(us) and for our way of life. I don't agree with some aspects of the continuing war, but I have nothing but praise and respect for the men and women who are fighting it. God bless them!
 

psyduck

Well-Known Member
#12
aslan said:
It is our job as noncombatant citizens to make sure that no man or woman is asked to give up his life without sufficient cause. If we have not done all in our power to accomplish that, the shame is on us.
You are so right. Unfortunately, they have been ordered to risk their lives for no good reason by you know whom. If you love those young men and women, do not just blindly chant your support. Seriously look at the cause and evaluate if it is really worth it.

Do you have to kill others to enjoy your freedom? Does killing others really give you more freedom? What did the Iraqis do to you to deserve the killing? I hope you are not one of the ignorant who still believe that Iraqis were behind 9-11 attack.
 

shadroch

Well-Known Member
#13
psyduck said:
You are so right. Unfortunately, they have been ordered to risk their lives for no good reason by you know whom. If you love those young men and women, do not just blindly chant your support. Seriously look at the cause and evaluate if it is really worth it.

Do you have to kill others to enjoy your freedom? Does killing others really give you more freedom? What did the Iraqis do to you to deserve the killing? I hope you are not one of the ignorant who still believe that Iraqis were behind 9-11 attack.
As oppossed to the ignorant people who think President Obama started the war in Afganistan, I guess.
 

shadroch

Well-Known Member
#14
Katweezel said:
INTO THE VALLEY OF DEATH RODE THE BRAVE (STUPID) 600. That poem was about Britain's ill-fated invasion of Afghanistan - when like others before them, and the Russians in 1989 - they all got their asses kicked by the local Mujaheddin. These freedom fighters hate invaders and have a long history of defeating... invaders. Here's a pic of a painting depicting the defeat of the 600.
Zen Zone stuff.

The Charge of The Light Brigade wasn't in Afganistan, nor had it anything to do with Afganistan. One shouldn't try to learn history by watching old Hollywood movies. The events depicted in Errol Flynns "Charge of The Light Brigade" hadalmost nothing in common with the real one. In the real world, it was a minor action during a campaign that a combined French- British expedition launched in the Crimea, some thousand miles or more from Afganistan, and it was against Imperial Russian troops, not Indian religious fanatics.
 

Tico

Well-Known Member
#15


JFK: " ...Ask what you can do for your country..."

Our options are:

1) gambling in casinos,
2) gambling more in casinos,
3) gambling even more in casinos...


All the sh*tty things going on around USA is enough to make JFK turn his grave.

 

daddybo

Well-Known Member
#16
shadroch said:
The Charge of The Light Brigade wasn't in Afganistan, nor had it anything to do with Afganistan. One shouldn't try to learn history by watching old Hollywood movies. The events depicted in Errol Flynns "Charge of The Light Brigade" hadalmost nothing in common with the real one. In the real world, it was a minor action during a campaign that a combined French- British expedition launched in the Crimea, some thousand miles or more from Afganistan, and it was against Imperial Russian troops, not Indian religious fanatics.
EASY there guys... I had kin folk there.
 
#19
daddybo said:
The Taliban started the war in Afganistan.
That is correct, and United States participation was under the invite of the legitimate, internationally recognized government of Afghanistan, which is not and never was the Taliban.

As far as differentiating between the war and the troops, in every war in our history there were men fighting who did not personally approve of the reasons for the war. Many Northerners didn't see what was wrong with secession, and many Americans didn't think we should be getting involved in a power struggle between England and Germany (particularly those of us of other-than-English ancestry.) Many of them never even joined the Army voluntarily. People complain about what we did to the Japanese-Americans during WWII, that it was unfair, but nothing was more unfair than all those non-Japanese-Americans being drafted at 18 and never seeing 19. So if anyone here has no loyalty to duty and country, at least have some recognition of those Americans who do, defending us so we are free to play blackjack.
 

shadroch

Well-Known Member
#20
Automatic Monkey said:
That is correct, and United States participation was under the invite of the legitimate, internationally recognized government of Afghanistan, which is not and never was the Taliban.

As far as differentiating between the war and the troops, in every war in our history there were men fighting who did not personally approve of the reasons for the war. Many Northerners didn't see what was wrong with secession, and many Americans didn't think we should be getting involved in a power struggle between England and Germany (particularly those of us of other-than-English ancestry.) Many of them never even joined the Army voluntarily. People complain about what we did to the Japanese-Americans during WWII, that it was unfair, but nothing was more unfair than all those non-Japanese-Americans being drafted at 18 and never seeing 19. So if anyone here has no loyalty to duty and country, at least have some recognition of those Americans who do, defending us so we are free to play blackjack.

Thats utter nonsense. Do you actually believe any of what you wrote or is this more kaka along the lines of no white person will vote for Obama? Afganistan has been at war since 1979, The Taliban wasn't founded until 1994.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top