Just got back from a trip

Just got back from a trip and was thinking that BJ is a lot like fishing. My Dad taught me how to fish. At first I loved to go and I caught a few, mostly small ones, but he was always after the big one. Later on I had to fish by myself and did as well as everyone. I started to go more often, read books, studied the Pros. and I started to do better. There's nothing better than the anticipation of going on a fishing trip. Got to where I was doing a little better than the average fisherman. I got better equipment, studied more, practiced more, got a little better. Kept logs; conditions, locations, approach, time, results. Started to fish more often and discovered there's nothing better than time on the water. No two trips are alike, sometimes I can fill the box, most times I get something and there are times when no matter how I try, I get skunked. Sometime I get skunked several trips in a row, I blame it on everything, and on my way back in I meet a kid on the dock with a cane pole and a basket full. I try to shake it off, they're still in the water and some are getting bigger. Next trip will be the one and if it is, I won't get greedy. If it's a small lake I want to be welcomed back by the locals and if it's a big one, I'll have to get past the wardens. Once in a while I'll go on a trip with my buddys' and no matter how good or bad it gets for one, everyone gets to share in a fishfry. I'll never be a Pro. and write books or make a living out of this but my freezer always has fish and someday I might get that big one.

Just got back from a trip and was thinking that fishing is a lot like BJ.