K-O Betting Spread

Hello all....quick question on K-O betting spreads.
I am using the K-O Preferred and need help with bet spreads for 2 deck games. The betting spread in the K-O book for 2 deck seems a little passive. Could someone please suggest a betting spread in units or perhaps inform me what you use for double deck games based upon the count. I am currently using this:

0 : 1 UNIT
+1 : 2 UNITS
+2 : 3 UNITS
+3 : 4 UNITS
+4 : 6 UNITS
+5 : 8 UNITS

Am I way off base here? Is this too aggressive or not aggressive enough. I want to protect my cover and not get too much heat. Is a 1-8 acceptable in double deck games? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

geneticfreak

1-5 is the most you want to spread in a DD game if you want any longevity. That might even be a little to aggressive in some smaller places. I've been backed off with only a 1-3 spread, of course the extreme positive variance of winning about 14 out of 16 hands didn't help.

moo321

geneticfreak said:
1-5 is the most you want to spread in a DD game if you want any longevity. That might even be a little to aggressive in some smaller places. I've been backed off with only a 1-3 spread, of course the extreme positive variance of winning about 14 out of 16 hands didn't help.
I don't agree. Get the money. You can get away with a 1-80 spread if your act is good. I'd rather win and get booted than lose and retain my ability to play.

rukus

moo321 said:
I don't agree. Get the money. You can get away with a 1-80 spread if your act is good. I'd rather win and get booted than lose and retain my ability to play.
agree. find a way to get your spread up to at least 1-8.

EasyRhino

Depending on the penetration and rules of the game, 1-5 could be very marginal. i'd only recommend a spread that small if the penetration was super-great.

If not, the a bigger 6x or 8x spread would be good.

geneticfreak said:

Really? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

moo321

Usually it's better to play very aggressively in shorter sessions with a good act than try to grind away with a small betting spread for hours. Too much variance, too much face time, etc.