Kelly and ROR formulas

PokerJunky

If possible, could some please post the formulas used to calculate Kelly bankroll and ROR?

For Kelly this is what I use:

(A) --> Calculating Advantage: (TC - 1)/2 + (0.5 + game advantge)
(B) --> Max Bet: (A) * .0076 * bankroll

This is what I'm using is it right? Is this full Kelly?

thx

QFIT

PokerJunky said:
If possible, could some please post the formulas used to calculate Kelly bankroll and ROR?

For Kelly this is what I use:

(A) --> Calculating Advantage: (TC - 1)/2 + (0.5 + game advantge)
(B) --> Max Bet: (A) * .0076 * bankroll

This is what I'm using is it right? Is this full Kelly?

thx
A is just an estimate and unrelated to Kelly.
B is somebody's guideline; also unrelated to Kelly unless it was tied to some specific circumstance.

If you are looking for an accurate method of calculating KEB without sim data; there isn't one since you must take into account rules, decks, strategy, spread and penetration.

PokerJunky

Thank you Sonny.

I downloaded your spreadhseet and compared your OW to mine and we were right on. I calculated the advantage by count (your col B), but I can't seem to get the numbers to line up. I read your notes stating that you pulled the values from a sim, so I will go back and double check mine.

I see that your OW is Full Kelly. Stupid question. Do you just divide by 2 to get half Kelly? (BR * EV /var) / 2 . I want to see how this affects the ROR.

thx

PokerJunky

QFIT said:
A is just an estimate and unrelated to Kelly.
B is somebody's guideline; also unrelated to Kelly unless it was tied to some specific circumstance.

If you are looking for an accurate method of calculating KEB without sim data; there isn't one since you must take into account rules, decks, strategy, spread and penetration.
I can run the CVData to get sim data depending on the game I'm playing. I was just looking for the math behind the Kelly/ROR numbers.

Sonny

PokerJunky said:
Do you just divide by 2 to get half Kelly? (BR * EV /var) / 2 . I want to see how this affects the ROR.
Yup, that's it. Just bet half of whatever a full-Kelly player would bet. I think the half-Kelly ROR is around 5-6% if I remember correctly.

-Sonny-