Las Vegas Advisor 2011 coupons

shadroch

LVA is weak. IF the promised on-line deals show up, it's almost worth buying but Anthony promised them last year and didn't follow thru on them.

shadroch

zengrifter said:
Neither has much value for APs, true/false? zg
I'd say false. Maybe not much value fror someone getting RFB but for the rest there is value. If you buy a book for $15 and save $50 on meals, thats value, no?

shadroch said:
I'd say false. Maybe not much value fror someone getting RFB but for the rest there is value. If you buy a book for $15 and save $50 on meals, thats value, no?
Only on paper, but not worth the hassle. Any half-way decent red-chip counter can get RFB. zg

Doofus

Yes, the LVA generally sucks balls, but for $37 you can easily get your money's worth. There's a $50 coupon good for some of the Palms restaurants and the spa, for example.

But look at the list of coupons before buying - a lot of the coupons Anthony will sell you for $37 are available free for the asking from many sources, such as throwaway flyers.

It went straight downhill a year ago when they dropped most of their gambling matchplay coupons in reaction to people trading them online. Curtis said "kiss my ass" to those of us who complained, and he hasn't gotten a dime from me since. If his book has a coupon I want, I trade ACG coupons for it.

shadroch

There is a $100 slot loss coupon that is not in the book but is available as a one time coupon for LVA members. Lose $100 on slots or VP in 24 hours and they load your card with $100 in free play. It's a pretty good deal by itself, and combined with the book is making me rethink my membership. I don't care for the owners attitude but.....
The other thing is that beside the coupon book, your membership gets you a monthly newsletter that spotlights many promos you might otherwise miss, and access to a members only forum that is very useful, on occasion.

Last edited:
shadroch said:
There is a $100 slot loss coupon that is not in the book but is available as a one time coupon for LVA members. Lose $100 on slots or VP in 24 hours and they load your card with $100 in free play. It's a pretty good deal by itself, and combined with the book is making me rethink my membership. I don't care for the owners attitude but.....
The other thing is that beside the coupon book, your membership gets you a monthly newsletter that spotlights many promos you might otherwise miss, and access to a members only forum that is very useful, on occasion.
I think you may have a free membership coming. zg

kewljason

zengrifter said:
Neither has much value for APs, true/false? zg
I have recently started using ACG coupons regularly after avoiding them for several years, thinking they weren't worth my time. :eek: The 2011 book has $140 MP coupons in and around vegas. $125 are for stores that I play at least once monthly and and allow you to use MP once per month (as oppossed to once per year) Added to my other very limited MP sources :( (I am trying to expand...anyone who wants to share their MP sources) I use $160 per month, which should get me an extra $75-$80 per month. It's not going to make me rich, but its travel money for places that I already visited anyway. I m also benefitting from some of the half price food coupons. They stretch my comp dollars further. :) And I haven't even figured in coupons from out of town places that I may visit a couple times this year.

shadroch

$75-$80 a month plus some food discounts ends up being $1,000 give or take a few at the end of the year. Thats like getting a month of free rent for most of us. Nothing to sneeze at.

kewljason

shadroch said:
$75-$80 a month plus some food discounts ends up being $1,000 give or take a few at the end of the year. Thats like getting a month of free rent for most of us. Nothing to sneeze at.
2.5 mortgage payments for me, Shad. :) I live very modestly.