Leaving for LV.....in a Day or Three......

phantom007

Soon to be heading out West. Will carry, via Traveler's Checques, close to the "required 1440 units". Plan to spread G-B on SD, and R-G on "others", except El Cortez (R-B...red-to-brown) and just got to check out the Festern (W-W, i.e., white-to-white).

Always pisses-off Cashier's to spend about 30-min. validating your $1K worth of Traveler's Checques!

Trip will be about 1/2 DT and 1/2 Strip.

The GOOD NEWS is that trip is being paid by my Employer.....no -EV so far.

Even BETTER NEWS, hotel stays are comp'd....+EV!

Which means, EVEN BETTER YET, I save $$$ from my Employer-provided fund to use later trip(s) this year....++EV!

But THE BAD NEWS....invitations have been sent and accepted for me to meet up with a well-known CC on this Board...a very LIBERAL one at that!.....Since his intellect is superior to mine (Compliment Intentional and Sincere)....I may come back from this LV trip.....

SUPPORTING GOV'T PAYMENT FOR THOSE ON WELFARE FOR GETTING FERTILITY DRUGS!

I guess that is why they call it "Gambling"!

phantom007.

The Mayor

Be sure ...

Be sure to look at the top games in vegas link posted on this site. But, green to black at single deck? In Las Vegas? Are you nuts, man?

Hope you do well, and that you return with policital convictions that you firmly believe.

--Mayor

MrPill

Phantom007.....

.....Good cards to you on your trip.

I'm off to tourney-land and some other good games as well.

Pill

Mayor, mabye I'm nuts...

but I was considering $50 to $200 3:2 SD, opening for $100, sometimes opening for $150 so that my highest ($200 bet) doesn't look so bad, and leaving out $150 if a push; decreasing and increasing gradually. Sometimes opening for $25 (just to break it up and not look predictable) but not jumping my bet or betting above $50 in this case. I would welcome your opinion on this.

The Mayor

Try it and report back...

>but I was considering $50 to $200 3:2 SD, opening for $100, sometimes opening for $150 so that my highest ($200 bet) doesn't look so bad, and leaving out $150 if a push; decreasing and increasing gradually. Sometimes opening for $25 (just to break it up and not look predictable) but not jumping my bet or betting above $50 in this case. I would welcome your opinion on this.

You will last 30 seconds at the El Cortez, and about 10 minutes at the LVC. Once you get backed-off at the LVC, you will also be backed off at the Plaza and Western (the Western has a great game). Then you'll get your face flyered all over town and not be happy.

Try it and see...

You are much better off with a $200 max bet learning double-deck... you can play that ALL over town. Spread $25 to $200 -- no problem at DD.

--Mayor

phantom007

Please let me "Rephrase".....

Would "1-2 Green to 3-4 Green/1-2 Hands " be more platable!?....as regarding SD?

Anyhow, I rarely play more than a net 2-3:1 Spread on SD.....Except of course, at El Cortez, where I am given "free reign" to a 6:1, as long as I politely tip the Waitress, Dealer, AND PC....who empties my ashtray every time I "flick".

AM I NUTS? Yes, Probably!!!!

Counting hours of study, practice, play, travel, expenses for same plus buying most every book on BJ available, would I be much further ahead to just work more shifts at my "Regular Job"????

YES!!!!!

But BJ IS MORE FUN! It is my hobby!

I once asked an AUTISTIC Kid why he kept doing things repetitively, like I mean #80 times of going down a sliding board, running around, climbing the ladder, AND SLIDING DOWN AGAIN!, "Why are you doing that?"

He, at age 7, replied, "BECAUSE I LIKE IT!".

I play BJ, "BECAUSE I LIKE IT!"

phantom007.

Sonny

The BC

> I wouldn't walk to the BC to get out of a fart-filled room full of cigar
> smokers that had not seen the inside of a shower in 60 days...

Don't be so hasty to write them off. I've heard all the rumors about how sweaty they can be (which are often true), but they can still be worth a few units here and there if you know when to go. I was Wonging there a few months ago and found a few incredibly beatable DD games. It is highly dealer-dependent. I even saw one other counter, although he was not playing a winning game. Their 50% penetration doesn't work too well for straight counting, but other opportunities abound.

-Sonny-

been there

played at a DD game there in '04. 20 minutes. $25 min. Count never went above zero. Flat bet $25 and lost maybe 1-2 hands. Won several hundred bucks just sitting there and playing mindlessly. Until "the tap". Told me to follow them they had a "few questions to ask and a few forms to fill out." I refused. Got reasonably ugly, got read a short statement from a card in the suit's pocket, gist of which was "don't come back or you will be arrested for trespassing."

Yes I was counting. No I did not vary my bet. In fact the only odd thing I did was hit a 12 vs 4 or 5 once or twice on negative counts. I assume that if you win there, you get run off whether you are counting or just lucky. In this case I was just lucky.

And I'll take that fart/smoke/stink-filled room any time rather than visiting there again. :) Even without the 86 warning.

Similar experience but without 86

I also played green there for a few minutes in '04 and won a few hundred dollars. I Wonged my way from one door to the other and never looked back. Then I crossed the street and rendered it all unto Caesar. Oh well.

for me

They were pretty hostile. Said "come with me." I said "no". They said "we can force you to come with us." I said "you can try". Etc. I started to walk toward the front and said "I'm leaving". Two-three "suits" followed and read me this brief statement from a small card they had handy. I never looked back and got my wife to cash me out later (she was not close by when this happened but she saw it and knew something was up...).

That is my only "barring" in my plaing career. I've been backed off a few times, one due to no action of my own. Played at a table (I don't remember specifics but I think it was a 6d shoe as I was spreading $5 to $100, guy walks up behind me and when I bet $100, he plunks down $1000 as a "back bet" or whatever it is called. The third time he did this, we both got "the tap". Security suits accused us of being a team and we were both told "no more BJ".

Rest of my backoffs were the result of stupidity on my part, such as playing way too long, or not recognizing warning signs, etc...