Longest streak, afraid it will end...

KewlJ

ZeeBabar said:
Nah, too much work.
This is just sad. :( This short statement sums up ZeeBabar in a nutshell.

ZeeBabar said:
Probably helps longevity if I dont know the index.
No it doesn't. Doesn't matter either way.

ZeeBabar said:
... and certainly will not upset ploppies at the table if I stand.
Totally irrelevant thinking. This should not even be a consideration. :rolleyes: Zee, you worry far too much what the other players at the table think or say. Except for very extreme situations, like splitting 10's where the reaction of other players can be so negative that it draws the attention of the pit (I call this secondary attention), other players are absolutely no consideration. Always remember that line that your buddy 21forme likes to say "There are other players at the table?"

ZeeBabar said:
Nah, too much work. I will just continue to stand. Probably helps longevity if I dont know the index and certainly will not upset ploppies at the table if I stand. If there are kind folks who would share the answer its great, if they dont, its okay.
Ok, I will share the answer with you my dear troll. It is on page 43 in Professional Blackjack book (which you said you have it), table 8, line 9 from the bottom of the page.

KewlJ said:
-5? True count? Come on...TC -5 isn't a real thing is it? :eek: I thought that was like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. o_O

I have seen a few TC -2's...but it's pretty rare. At Tc -1, I start stretching my legs...and warming up the jets. :D
At DD, it's play all most of the time for m

Good Guy said:
Ok, I will share the answer with you my dear troll. It is on page 43 in Professional Blackjack book (which you said you have it), table 8, line 9 from the bottom of the page.
I don't have it, read it about 20 years ago, followed by BJ secrets by the same author. And you did not answer the question, I never asked where to find the answer. Name calling and labelling, no matter how you preface it, is still an ugly characteristic.

Zee, as far as I'm concerned you played it right by standing. This play is not even in the Illustious 18. You said the running count was plus one at the start of the round. Okay, if I take the starting running count as plus 1 and use the halves count (the count which I use) we now have a running count of only minus 1/2 after all the cards are seen. I didn't look up the answer, but I also would not have hit.

"The next card was also a 5 (dealer showed it). Dealer would have had a 17, I would have had an 18. Shucks."

By the way, if the next card was a five also you both would have ended up with 18 and pushed.

Last edited:
I
21forme said:
It's equally sad that you responded to his latest bait.
It's you who is guaranteed to post on any and every post, not just on this forum, about me. Obsessions are a bitch. If a bait is set, it's for you. xxxxxxxxxx's post often include advice but yours...

ZeeBabar said:
I

It's you who is guaranteed to post on any and every post, not just on this forum, about me. Obsessions are a bitch. If a bait is set, it's for you. xxxxxxxxxx's post often include advice but yours...
I think KJ does not like people speculate about his first name.

paymypush

I have a little time before the Christmas Eve festivities begin in the paymypush household.

You were correct to stay on that hand, ZeeBabar. We're talking about double deck, play all, I18 and Hi-Lo. Is that correct? I was serious when I posted to hit 13 vs 4 at -5. Single and double deck games were the bulk of my play for many years and I learned every index play I could, including the most obscure. I enjoyed it and no play was too insignificant for me to want to learn.

My memory is still good and I remember 13 vs 4 as a hit somewhere between -4 and -5 with some players hitting at -4 and others, like myself, waiting until -5. It seems like splitting hairs now. Heck, even learning all those index plays seems like splitting hairs when you think about how often -5 or worse occurs in double deck. Could it even be 5% of the time?

I am a big proponent of wonging, especially wonging out, but it is not always feasible in the game we're discussing. That is why I wanted to learn every variation that I could. Variation, deviation etc, I think the term "index play" had yet to be coined back then.

A very Merry Christmas to all!

Sorry but I DID NOt and DO Not know KJ's name. When I typed Kewlj, it seems to have auto-corrected to xxxxxxxxx. I don't know how it happened. Kewl j or KJ Or whatever. I apologize. This stupid Kindle Fire device distorts.

If So or whoever can correct it, I appreciate it.

By the way 21forme, you have my name spelt incorrectly, it's Zahir not Zuhair.

KewlJ

Thank you LVBear. I don't know how much it really even matters at this point...even before this incident. But I would (obviously) prefer not to "announce" anything going forward.

JJP

I thought I would interject a few thoughts. Yes, I'm a relatively new player, at least to blackjack. But I have plenty of experience in other forms of gambling. When things are going unusually well, we tend to overestimate our own abilities; likewise, during losing streaks, we likely aren't as bad as we perceive. Anybody can handle a winning streak; the real test will be how the original poster handles when this streak ends, or how he handles the inevitable down periods.

JJP said:
I thought I would interject a few thoughts. Yes, I'm a relatively new player, at least to blackjack. But I have plenty of experience in other forms of gambling. When things are going unusually well, we tend to overestimate our own abilities; likewise, during losing streaks, we likely aren't as bad as we perceive. Anybody can handle a winning streak; the real test will be how the original poster handles when this streak ends, or how he handles the inevitable down periods.
Are you a card counter?