Looking for a betting strategy simulator

garygo

Does any of you know such a betting simulator:

1) Allow me to select any house rules.

2) Allow me to enter any betting size.

3) Allow me to enter any betting sequence (betting strategy).

4) Allow me to enter any betting limit (win, loss and time limit)

I am interested to use such a simulator to test and compare a few betting strategies.

Any help will be appreciated. :cool:

StandardDeviant

You should look at CVCX. It will give you much of what you seem to be looking for. It does not simulate betting strategies, but will let you determine optimal betting ramps under a variety of rules and conditions.

garygo

StandardDeviant said:
You should look at CVCX. It will give you much of what you seem to be looking for. It does not simulate betting strategies, but will let you determine optimal betting ramps under a variety of rules and conditions.
Thanks for the information.

1) What is CVCX? Where can I get it?

2) I am really interested in a pure betting simulator. Come on people! :cool:

rrwoods

Here's some free source code for the best betting simulator you could ask for:

Code:
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
printf("You lose all your money.");
return 0;
}

johndoe

garygo said:
Thanks for the information.

1) What is CVCX? Where can I get it?

2) I am really interested in a pure betting simulator. Come on people! :cool:
Don't waste your time or money. If all you're doing is playing with betting sequences and progressions, you're absolutely playing a losing game.

(CVCX will not help you with that at all, as it's designed to simulate strategies that actually win.)

garygo

rrwoods said:
Here's some free source code for the best betting simulator you could ask for:

Code:
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
printf("You lose all your money.");
return 0;
}
Wow! Really fast replies! This website really keeps me busy! :laugh:

I have updated your source code a bit to suit my need, as you said it's free.

Code:
#include <betting simulator>

int main (just a game)
{
printf("I have fun!");
return 0;
}

johndoe

Well, so have at it. You don't need a simulator. Just bet whatever amount you think is most "fun", if that's your (expensive) goal.

This forum is for AP's, not gamblers.

garygo

johndoe said:
Well, so have at it. You don't need a simulator. Just bet whatever amount you think is most "fun", if that's your (expensive) goal.

I never mentioned I will play real money for it, did I? :cool:

So it is not allowed to have some form of fun on this forum? One of the forum rules? :grin:

johndoe said:

This is an interesting post.
I had assumed that anyone interested in the game of BJ could post here?
I'm curious what other regular readers of this forum think of Mr. Doe's comment?

Sonny

fredperson said:
I'm curious what other regular readers of this forum think of Mr. Doe's comment?
Actually, the General section is for gamblers. We have separate sections for card counters, other APs, other games and even voodoo players. The General section is for folks who play for fun, like garygo.

-Sonny-

johndoe

I stand corrected.

However, if anyone wanders in looking for a sim to test their useless voodoo progression schemes, they should expect to be roundly ridiculed! :whip:

garygo

Sonny said:
Actually, the General section is for gamblers. We have separate sections for card counters, other APs, other games and even voodoo players. The General section is for folks who play for fun, like garygo.

-Sonny-
Thank you for your comment Sonny.

Obviously your referred me as a "gambler". However, like I said I never mentioned that I would play for real money. All I said is to play the betting simulator FOR FUN. Anyone out there has a better reading comprehension? :cool:

Also, if it is true this General section is for someone who plays for fun or gambles, what are you doing here? Having fun or trying your luck? :grin:

The only relevant reply to my query is not trying to educate me your 'knowledge base' about betting merits, but advising sincerely where I can get what I am looking for, like StandardDeviant. Got it? :laugh:

garygo

johndoe said:
I stand corrected.

However, if anyone wanders in looking for a sim to test their useless voodoo progression schemes, they should expect to be roundly ridiculed! :whip:
"stand corrected" and "roundly ridiculed"? Are you feeling something hypocritical here? :cool:

To ridicule someone who is not AP or whatever you call it, is it a common practice on this forum?

If it is legitimate to ridicule someone without answering his question in first place, will it also be ok to ridicule a hypocrite without discussing the betting merits?:whip:

Your voodoo progression statement could be correct, but your 'voodoo attitude' is seriously flawed. :grin:

johndoe

garygo said:
"stand corrected" and "roundly ridiculed"? Are you feeling something hypocritical here? :cool:

To ridicule someone who is not AP or whatever you call it, is it a common practice on this forum?

If it is legitimate to ridicule someone without answering his question in first place, will it also be ok to ridicule a hypocrite without discussing the betting merits?:whip:

Your voodoo progression statement could be correct, but your 'voodoo attitude' is seriously flawed. :grin:
You need to work on your reading comprehension; I stood corrected only on my assertion that this board was "only" for AP's.

The ridicule is well deserved for those who continue polluting these boards with nonsensical (and ever-insistent, but never supported) claims that progression (betting) systems are profitable.

Your post is indistinguishable from this pile of rampant noise, until you insisted that it's "just for fun", perhaps as a way to save a little dignity. It's completely unreasonable to have anyone here assume you weren't playing for real money.

I have no problem at all with people who don't want to be actual AP's, as long as they're honest with themselves, and others here. The trouble is, they rarely are.

As for a sim, like others have posted, it's a pure waste of time; that's why you haven't been able to find one. If you're so enamored with the fun of it, then go ahead and write one yourself.

garygo

johndoe said:
You need to work on your reading comprehension; I stood corrected only on my assertion that this board was "only" for AP's.

The ridicule is well deserved for those who continue polluting these boards with nonsensical (and ever-insistent, but never supported) claims that progression (betting) systems are profitable.

Your post is indistinguishable from this pile of rampant noise, until you insisted that it's "just for fun", perhaps as a way to save a little dignity. It's completely unreasonable to have anyone here assume you weren't playing for real money.

I have no problem at all with people who don't want to be actual AP's, as long as they're honest with themselves, and others here. The trouble is, they rarely are.

As for a sim, like others have posted, it's a pure waste of time; that's why you haven't been able to find one. If you're so enamored with the fun of it, then go ahead and write one yourself.
Wow! A serious AP style dissertation here. :cool:

1) If what Sonny said is true, then you are in the wrong section, I am afraid. This has invalidated all your statements, as they are irrelevant to the posts here. They are relevant in sections like Card Counting. :)

2) "...claims that progression (betting) systems are profitable."

When and where did I claim it? My only comment to this assumption is 'creative' - creating something out of nothing. ;)

3) "a way to save a little dignity"?

My only comment to this assumption is 'illogical'.

If I did it as "a way to save a little dignity", then I must have already known all betting systems are useless. I know they are useless and still asking for a betting simulator here, then I must be simply having fun - nothing to do with 'saving dignity'.

'Saving dignity' only applies to people who realize they've made a mistake, just like you ("I stand corrected"). :laugh:

4) ''It's completely unreasonable to have anyone here assume you weren't playing for real money."

But it is even MORE unreasonable to assume I was playing for real money (even before I have tried out any betting system simulators and arrived at a conclusion). Again, a 'reading comprehension' thing. :whip:

5) Your last paragraph is the only relevant answer.

Yes if there is nothing like that available anywhere, I will get someone to write it for my own pleasure. Still unhappy? :grin: