looking for feedback on new site

This actually brings up an important problem that I haven't figured out how to solve. When I was reading about basic strategy it seemed to me that not all of the sources agreed on what was the correct strategy. The strategy seems to differ depending on the number of decks and other factors like whether or not late surrender is offered.
It isn't really my intent to serve as any kind of authority on basic strategy. I'm thinking about a feature where you can customize the basic strategy chart for the way you think it should be implemented.
Another thing I want to implement is the ability to take two versions of basic strategy and simulate them running head to head for say 10K rounds and draw graphs of the resulting bankrolls in different colors. I will want to make sure and have any bugs in the gameplay worked out first.
This link can give you an idea

(Dead link: http://www.cardcite.com/backtests.jsp)

I produced these graphs using my old java implementation of blackjack and programming the player to play according to a simple fixed strategy. The buttons are labelled "Hit Once", "Hit Twice", "Mimic the Dealer" etc. Then the code would put the player bank roll into a database after every hand. I then queried the db and produced these graphs using the R language. The point being that I want my new site to allow players to make charts like this from within their browsers and then they can set the strategy chart anyway they like while they play.

Last edited:
johnwatson11218 said:
This actually brings up an important problem that I haven't figured out how to solve. When I was reading about basic strategy it seemed to me that not all of the sources agreed on what was the correct strategy. The strategy seems to differ depending on the number of decks and other factors like whether or not late surrender is offered.
It isn't really my intent to serve as any kind of authority on basic strategy. I'm thinking about a feature where you can customize the basic strategy chart for the way you think it should be implemented.
Another thing I want to implement is the ability to take two versions of basic strategy and simulate them running head to head for say 10K rounds and draw graphs of the resulting bankrolls in different colors. I will want to make sure and have any bugs in the gameplay worked out first.
This link can give you an idea

(Dead link: http://www.cardcite.com/backtests.jsp)

I produced these graphs using my old java implementation of blackjack and programming the player to play according to a simple fixed strategy. The buttons are labelled "Hit Once", "Hit Twice", "Mimic the Dealer" etc. Then the code would put the player bank roll into a database after every hand. I then queried the db and produced these graphs using the R language. The point being that I want my new site to allow players to make charts like this from within their browsers and then they can set the strategy chart anyway they like while they play.
This site has a very good basic strategy generation tool called basic strategy engine in the left margin. There are not that many variations to incorporate.

I wonder what Cardcounter meant when he said

"Second your stragedy guide is off you don't double a 7 I don't care if the dealer has a 6 up and hits soft 17."

because I just looked at my strat guide and the only double advice on 7 is for the soft totals - which lines up exactly with what is on the left nav for this site.
Maybe it isn't clear that the strat is referring to soft totals on that panel of the accordion.
I hope it wasn't saying to double a hard 7.

AussiePlayer

johnwatson11218 said:
When running simulations, samples of this size are very inaccurate, you need to greatly increase the number of hands.