loosing streak

nc-tom

Have been on a hellacious loosing streak the last few months so wanted to get some feedback on what is the longest number of consecutive loosing sessions suffered by our illustrious posters. This might fit in the misery loves company catagory::(

sagefr0g

nc-tom said:
Have been on a hellacious loosing streak the last few months so wanted to get some feedback on what is the longest number of consecutive loosing sessions suffered by our illustrious posters. This might fit in the misery loves company catagory::(
can't help you much....... two in a row..... but i'm the guy that quits when he's with in one standard deviation above his expected value.
this might make you feel better i once had an eighty unit loss in one session. it took me ten sessions to come back from that loss.
i don't quit if i'm behind till i run out of my trip bankroll.
sorry to hear that you are have a bad streak. i know it is hard to take.

very best regards,
mr fr0g :D

Last edited:

Cass

nc-tom said:

I've lost over 100 units several times. I played for many months before I was actually up money overall. I thought about quiting a few times after I had several big loses in a row. but i always won my money back.

Quinc

Cass said:
I've lost over 100 units several times. I played for many months before I was actually up money overall. I thought about quiting a few times after I had several big loses in a row. but i always won my money back.
i blame all my loosing streaks on having an asian dealer.... i swear the females know some old chinese witch craft or somthing.. :mad:

sagefr0g

nc-tom said:
six ssessions ago i was at my all time high of 1,345 units. that was six sessions ago now after those six sessions i'm at 1,270 units. thats a loss of 75 units over six sessions. it could easy take me ten or more sessions to get back to that all time high.

best regards,

Sonny

sagefr0g said:
it could easy take me ten or more sessions to get back to that all time high.
Peter Griffin determined that a player will only be at an all time high about 1% of the time. For 99% of your lifetime you will have the nagging feeling that you once had more. :(

-Sonny-

sagefr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagefr0g View Post
it could easy take me ten or more sessions to get back to that all time high.
Sonny said:
Peter Griffin determined that a player will only be at an all time high about 1% of the time. For 99% of your lifetime you will have the nagging feeling that you once had more. :(

-Sonny-
hmm let me re-phrase my post above ......
it could easy take me ninety nine or more sessions to get back to that all time high.:yikes:
i suppose Mr. Griffin's determination and statement lends new meaning or at least understanding to what having a one percent advantage is all about.:rolleyes:

best regards,

sagefr0g

Sonny said:

-Sonny-
i copied these figure from another site. do they look correct?

In the meantime, here are some generic figures that will give you a
general idea of what to expect:

EV = 1 unit
SD = 25 units

HOURS_____Chance of being ahead
1_______________52%
10______________55%
25______________58%
50______________61%
100_____________66%
250_____________74%
500_____________81%