loss

V-man

Re: losing and AP

Loosing is unavoidable for anyone who plays long enough in this game.
I remember the few first time I lost big time, when I started learning to count cards. I couldn't undertand why I could lose in monster counts, the dealer keeps getting good cards and I kept getting stiff hands.
I checked my play, re-read all my books, join the Internet BJ forums, and most importantly I continued playing. My positive turn around is just at the corner.
Winning or loosing in a night would not tell the difference between an AP and a ploppy, I have ploppy friends who, some nights won an amount more than I lost. Trying to explain to someone that you are a card counter and you loose when other ploppies win! you just give them a good laugh!
Fortunately, there is a difference between ne, the card counter and my friend, the ploppy. The difference is the long run (or in some case the very long run). I remember a science experience in high school. You take a sample of the waveform and display on screen as a series of dots. The few first samples barely show the waveform pattern, but as more and more samples are captured, a well defined pattern appear on the screen. This is similar to my BJ trend and my ploppy friend BJ trend. If I and he play long enough, the trend will appear obvious: mine goes up and his goes down!

I beleive loosings (although sometimes not good for your health and stomach) are good experience for any good AP. You said you have never lost big? I said you are not a good AP yet.
So next time when you loose big, think of it as a big step forward to better Advantage Play. The turn around might be just at the corner!