Luck, Luck and More Luck

mrbill

I sat down at a table Saturday and got about the best run of cards I've had for a long time with the worst luck. I was betting $10 per hand. Through 12 hands at the beginning of the shoe, I was dealt 18 once, 19 once, BJ once and the rest were 20's. The 18, 19 and BJ were all pushes. Of the other 9, I won 2 and lost 7 for a net loss of $50 never having to hit once. $50 is my limit at a table so I got up and left. Don't know what would've happened had I stayed.

mrbill said:
I sat down at a table Saturday and got about the best run of cards I've had for a long time with the worst luck. I was betting $10 per hand. Through 12 hands at the beginning of the shoe, I was dealt 18 once, 19 once, BJ once and the rest were 20's. The 18, 19 and BJ were all pushes. Of the other 9, I won 2 and lost 7 for a net loss of $50 never having to hit once. $50 is my limit at a table so I got up and left. Don't know what would've happened had I stayed.
Why the table loss limit. Do you count or use BS? zg

TimeKeeper

mrbill said:
I use BS, but don't count. I use the loss limit as a money management technique.
Mr. Bill, do you actually run a profit just playing BS? If so, how much do you think you earned in 2005? How many hours of play.. I'd be curious to know.

mrbill

I generally do 4-8 hours twice a month. Based on the records I have, I about broke even in 2005 if you consider the comps I get. So far in 2006, I'm about $100 up.

I would like to make money, but I'm really just in it for the enjoyment.