luck

sagefr0g

aslan said:
As I said before, when I lower my bet so as not to risk losing my profit up to that point in time, because I don't want to experience the psychological downer from losing it all at the last minute, I am not really aplying voodoo, I am just deciding to play at less of an advantage, which will cost me money in the long run. I just don't want it to cost me money in the short run, although I might very well be putting myself into the position of winning less in the short run than I otherwise would have. I don't abandon advantage play in total, I just lessen my advantage by underbetting the the count. Comforting in the short run--stupid in the long run. lol I guess I am somewhat adverse to pain.
oh really?:devil:
you got this all calculated out do you? mathematical t's crossed and i's dotted so at to know precisely what to do should you become, shall we say a bit fuzzy as to that precise count, i guess huh?:p
nuthin fuzzy there?
ok. .... (long pause)
the wise one, licks finger, puffs on window, places mark on window......

aslan

sagefr0g said:
oh really?:devil:
you got this all calculated out do you? mathematical t's crossed and i's dotted so at to know precisely what to do should you become, shall we say a bit fuzzy as to that precise count, i guess huh?:p
nuthin fuzzy there?
ok. .... (long pause)
the wise one, licks finger, puffs on window, places mark on window......
???????

Don't you remember? I was playing one day and winning a goodly amount in a positive count after spending some time losing. After winning a good amount on this last positive count I got scared that I would lose it all back as had happened manytimes to me in positive counts. So, because of my fear that I would come this far into the winning side and then lose it all betting large amounts at the end of this positive count, I gave into my fear and lowered my bets. It didn't make any sense from a counting point of view. I probably lowered by long term gains. But I didn't feel I could take losing after fighting my way into a winning trip. I just wanted to leave AC winner. It had nothing to do with calculating anything. It was just a fear reaction that was not a good move except maybe from a pschological point of view. Maybe not even that. lol Just bad playing.

sagefr0g

aslan said:
???????

Don't you remember? I was playing one day and winning a goodly amount in a positive count after spending some time losing. After winning a good amount on this last positive count I got scared that I would lose it all back as had happened manytimes to me in positive counts. So, because of my fear that I would come this far into the winning side and then lose it all betting large amounts at the end of this positive count, I gave into my fear and lowered my bets. It didn't make any sense from a counting point of view. I probably lowered by long term gains. But I didn't feel I could take losing after fighting my way into a winning trip. I just wanted to leave AC winner.
don't i remember? aslan, your so fuzzy it's you that doesn't remember.
trace your links back and don't try and wriggle your way out of my grand victory. lmao :joker::whip:
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showpost.php?p=111955&postcount=316
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showpost.php?p=111896&postcount=314
When I get into a fuzzy place where I am not exactly sure what the count is but I know I am in the close vicinity, I subtract a point in my count to play it on the safe side, so that if I do reach the promised land of positive count I will not be jacking up the bet before I actually step across the Jordan so to speak. I always play it conservatively when in doubt. In just the same way, if I enter a fairly new shoe, and I did not back count, I start at the initial running count, which is valid from any entry point. The worst that can happen in a play all mode, when you take a conservative approach, is that you miss out on the full extent of a positive count, the point being that you have prevented yourself from erroneously playing a negative count with ramped up betting which will get you deep in debt in short order more often than not.

aslan

sagefr0g said:
don't i remember? aslan, your so fuzzy it's you that doesn't remember.
trace your links back and don't try and wriggle your way out of my grand victory. lmao :joker::whip:
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showpost.php?p=111955&postcount=316
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showpost.php?p=111896&postcount=314

I don't understand what you mean or what your victory is. Maybe we are talking about two diffenerent things. In the one hand, I was talking about quiting winners without completing a positive count betting the prescribed amount. That was to preserve a short run win against the possibility of a loss, although it is not a smart move in monetary terms, only in pschological terms--maybe. lol

The second thing you alluded to was when I lost count. When I am not sure whether it is a minus 4 count or a minus five count, I choose the minus five count because that is the more conservative position. That means that if it was really minus four, I will be one point late in beginning to ramp up my bet, but that is a defensible position. It is not defensible in my way of thinking to risk ramping up the bet prematurely. In the case of entering a shoe after it has begun but not too far, it is consistent wit h good counting practive, provided there is sufficient pen, to begin counting at the initial running count. Now explain to me what I said that is wrong from a counting perspective? I am puzzled.

sagefr0g

aslan said:
I don't understand what you mean or what your victory is.
lmao, sorry i was tryin for a cheap shot and you don't even get it. no big deal, i'm a failior as a comedian.
The second thing you alluded to was when I lost count. When I am not sure whether it is a minus 4 count or a minus five count, I choose the minus five count because that is the more conservative position. That means that if it was really minus four, I will be one point late in beginning to ramp up my bet, but that is a defensible position. It is not defensible in my way of thinking to risk ramping up the bet prematurely. In the ase of entering a shoe after it has begun but not too far, it is consistent wit h good counting practive, provided there is sufficient pen, to begin counting at the initial running count. Now explain to me what I said that is wrong from a counting perspective? I am puzzled.
well lemme just say if you don't know if it's a minus 4 or a minus five count, one might just wonder how it is you know it's either one, maybe it's a plus 4 for all i know.
now probability being what it is and all requiring the utmost precision so it can hit those bulls eyes and all, ok i'll give you some wiggle room and let you make a decision, use judgement and even guess if you want if that count is minus 4, minus five or plus four and then you can adjust how you bet as you see fit, heck with the game plan. you do have a game plan as far as how you bet, right? apparently it's ok for you to adjust your bet when your a bit 'fuzzy' as to just what that count may be, right? you might get lucky and hit that bulls eye. just it'll be voodoo as far as your math game plan or simulation or AP goes my friend. is there a right way or a wrong way to play when you don't know what the count is for sure?
what will it do in the long run if your off a whopping count of one in ko? it must have some import, if your gonna adjust how much your betting, no?
what's the precise procedure? do you have a sim you follow for your betting?
is it a game plan out of a book? did you figure out how to bet by maths?
hows all that work so as to get that precision probability requires?

aslan

sagefr0g said:
lmao, sorry i was tryin for a cheap shot and you don't even get it. no big deal, i'm a failior as a comedian.

well lemme just say if you don't know if it's a minus 4 or a minus five count, one might just wonder how it is you know it's either one, maybe it's a plus 4 for all i know.
now probability being what it is and all requiring the utmost precision so it can hit those bulls eyes and all, ok i'll give you some wiggle room and let you make a decision, use judgement and even guess if you want if that count is minus 4, minus five or plus four and then you can adjust how you bet as you see fit, heck with the game plan. you do have a game plan as far as how you bet, right? apparently it's ok for you to adjust your bet when your a bit 'fuzzy' as to just what that count may be, right? you might get lucky and hit that bulls eye. just it'll be voodoo as far as your math game plan or simulation or AP goes my friend. is there a right way or a wrong way to play when you don't know what the count is for sure?
what will it do in the long run if your off a whopping count of one in ko? it must have some import, if your gonna adjust how much your betting, no?
what's the precise procedure? do you have a sim you follow for your betting?
is it a game plan out of a book? did you figure out how to bet by maths?
hows all that work so as to get that precision probability requires?
First of all, I would only do something like this if I was in a play all mode. I would have to be certain that the number I chose could not be more positive than the actual count. Since I am playing all, the only thing I am doing is making certain that I do not begin ramping up in a negative count. Get it? If I am in a play all mode, I am not going to wong out because occasionally I lose count and can't remember whether it is -4 or -5. If I thought that it might actually be -5 or +5, well that's too big a discrepancy, unless I am near the end of the shoe. I would NEVER choose to adjust my count upward to a +5 count. That would be suicide if I was wrong. I would always take the conservative position. If the count was possibly that far off, and the shoe had a long ways to go, I would wong out to the bathroom, because I have no chance to beat this shoe except by luck. But if there is only a couple of rounds left, I would just play as if it were a -5. If I was wrong and it was really +5, I would be flatbetting with an advantage. That is not a mortal sin-just bad playing.

I have a book by Arnold Snyder, which shows the win rate and other stats using several different betting progressions, and starting the betting at various counts. As scientific as counting is, there are different ways to play it and still maintain an advantage, but there is usually a best way depending on a number of factors, not the least of which is pen. He published these books for sd, dd, 6 deck, and 8 deck (and maybe 4 deck, I can't remember). But it shows that a delay of one or two points will not put you out of the money; it just won't give you the highest possible win rate. Because we all make mistakes, it makes it even more important IMO to avoid deliberate fuzzy counting. Counting ability fuzzifies things enough without compounding the damage. Grrrrrr! got you back!!! Yelp yelp yelp Grrr!! Growlllll!!! woof woof az:dog: I think Katweezel is right; my dog looks like a bear. It's Ken's fault. It is marked dog.

Sometimes the best win rate for a particular game could be starting one style betting progresson at zero, and another style betting progression at +1. There are a number of ways to slice it. One style might jump to a max bet and another spread one unit increase at a time. One style might spread 1 to 10 and another 1 to 12. They all achieve may achieve positive win rates. but some do better than others. Some may be too bold for real life play and only get you barred whenever you try them. I don't have the book in front of me right now, but I certainly think it is knowledge worth being acquainted with. You can make the same charts doing your sims.

sagefr0g

aslan said:
First of all, I would only do something like this if I was in a play all mode. I would have to be certain that the number I chose could not be more positive than the actual count. Since I am playing all, the only thing I am doing is making certain that I do not begin ramping up in a negative count. Get it? If I am in a play all mode, I am not going to wong out because occasionally I lose count and can't remember whether it is -4 or -5. If I thought that it might actually be -5 or +5, well that's too big a discrepancy, unless I am near the end of the shoe. I would NEVER choose to adjust my count upward to a +5 count. That would be suicide if I was wrong. I would always take the conservative position. If the count was possibly that far off, and the shoe had a long ways to go, I would wong out to the bathroom, because I have no chance to beat this shoe except by luck. But if there is only a couple of rounds left, I would just play as if it were a -5. If I was wrong and it was really +5, I would be flatbetting with an advantage. That is not a mortal sin-just bad playing.
no i don't get it. sounds voodoo to me. not how a robot or a simulation would play it. not precise, it involves guessing, decision making and judgement.
so it's ok with ko to do something like that (guess a count, become conservative) if your playing all? so, you have some slack in this ko count stuff? is it not ok to guess when wonging in or out?
how do you decide to play all or just wong? so how much does wonging out improve your game? how about wonging in and wonging out. what are your wong in points and wong out points with ko at various penetrations and game rules, number of decks? is this conservative postition thing, is that a part of ko? i don't remember that when i read knock out, but it's been a long time. how do you decide when to play more than one hand? do you have a precise count for that? or do you do it in a precise manner? do you ever play more than one hand? if not why not, if so why? do you have precise numbers to show you have valid reasons for doing what ever?
I have a book by Arnold Snyder, which shows the win rate and other stats using several different betting progressions, and starting the betting at various counts. As scientific as counting is, there are different ways to play it and still maintain an advantage, but there is usually a best way depending on a number of factors, not the least of which is pen. He published these books for sd, dd, 6 deck, and 8 deck (and maybe 4 deck, I can't remember). But it shows that a delay of one or two points will not put you out of the money; it just won't give you the highest possible win rate. Because we all make mistakes, it makes it even more important IMO to avoid deliberate fuzzy counting. Counting ability fuzzifies things enough without compounding the damage. Grrrrrr! got you back!!! Yelp yelp yelp Grrr!! Growlllll!!! woof woof az:dog: I think Katweezel is right; my dog looks like a bear. It's Ken's fault. It is marked dog.
how much is fuzzy enough, do you know how much you lose or gain as a result of counting error with respect to winrate? got a number? so there are ways to play this scientific count stuff different and your ok, yeah sounds about right, how right? how do you decide? it's ok to fudge it a bit? so these charts or tables outa Snyders book and the various game you play and the variation of penetration and all, you find those charts and table precise enough? how precise, got a number.
how were the charts and tables generated? from a simulation, a bunch of simulations? what factors did those simulations take into consideration? penetration, rules, indices, counting errors, number of players at the table?
what's the exact advantage you play at for a given game? what's your precise hourly expectation and what are the range of results you expect according to standard deviation, one sigma, two sigma, three sigma and four sigma? what is your precise ror according to the various games you play? does penetration change that ror? how about how many players are at the table, how does that affect the numbers? how do your actual results relate to your expectation and standard deviation for the games you play? do you have precise numbers? do you care?
your dog looks a bit fuzzy to me. i like dogs. are you ever gonna post a picture of him? i been waiting seems like for ever.

edit:
Sometimes the best win rate for a particular game could be starting one style betting progresson at zero, and another style betting progression at +1. There are a number of ways to slice it. One style might jump to a max bet and another spread one unit increase at a time. One style might spread 1 to 10 and another 1 to 12. They all achieve may achieve positive win rates. but some do better than others. Some may be too bold for real life play and only get you barred whenever you try them. I don't have the book in front of me right now, but I certainly think it is knowledge worth being acquainted with. You can make the same charts doing your sims.
did Snyder use QFIT's stuff?
all that change of style, bet spread you get differant winrates, yes? does, that affect what's best for you as far as you view it?
just curious do you bet full kelly, half kelly, one third kelly, or what?
what ror do you shoot for? how do you determine how well your doing as far a playing according to Hoyle (Snyder, those charts and all that is ko)?

sagefr0g

the wongin out blues

adrenaline pumpin
my heart is thumpin
while i'm walkin
to the table
control these jitters if i'm able
now i see them just like before
dealers, dealing, i know the score
that's why i'm reluctant to take a seat
the reason for this high heart beat
pit boss's about and lurkin
is that a smile or are they smirkin
chips are flying
the players playing
eventually i have to sit
my mind is in a fit
all this AP stuff i know
where on earth did it go?
awkwardly, hands trembling a bit
wallet out, drop a benny my chips to get
now it's time to make a bet
cards come splaping down across the felt so green
now i've got some cards i've seen
highs and lows and in between
the hands i lose and win
thats not the point i think as my head does spin
come on dealer drop them babies, bring them out
make me laugh and want to shout
what's this just a trickle?
not enough to raise a nickle
out the tens, they come a marchin
for those babies my soul is left a parchin
i've made a dime
and in the pack are those babies, makes me think it is time
the dealer for me my bet to make does await
i'm not about to take the bait
my chips i push foward on the table saying i'm done for now
but i'll be back as a player raises his brow
maybe the next table will bring those babies home to me
those are the cards i'd love to see
nice and early hard and heavy all along
the dealer calls out my black chip and those two nickles strong
no longer trembling i walk away, i'm feelin plucky
just made a dime, all it was, i was lucky.

aslan

sagefr0g said:
no i don't get it. sounds voodoo to me. not how a robot or a simulation would play it. not precise, it involves guessing, decision making and judgement.
I am unable to play like a robot, as you suggested earlier would be the optimal way to play; but I do try to. When I make a MISTAKE I must decide whether it is a fatal mistake requiring me to quit the table or whether it is a mistake that I can live with. In the case of not remembering whether or not the count is -4 or -5, I can live with assuming it to be -5 because it will only delay my increasing the bet by a single increment. If you recall the ko book, the suggested progression based on Kelly starts with a simple doubling of the minimum unit, not immediately going to max bet. This MISTAKE of mine in losing the count is not a fatal error in the case of single unit. It is not always a case of making a mental ERROR, but sometimes it occurs because the dealer's hand is covering the players bust card as he quickly scoops up the cards and I cannot see what the bust card was because he does it all so swiftly. (I normally don't ask him what it was because I don't want to appear to be counting cards.) When this happens which is rare I assume the bust card was a ten because if I don't subtract one from my count I run the risk of being too high in my count which will lead me to thinking I have reached a positive count prematurely. If you had to choose between, quitting the table, risking betting higher before you are in positive territory, or delaying your betting by one point to ensure you are in positive territory, which would you do? The most conservative thing to do, is to quit the table. But I reason that it is harmful but not too harmful to take the next most conservative decision and continue playing choosing the -5 as my count. This, according to the SCIENTIFIC charts will not affect my win rate to the point that I should quit and start over. If I lost the count by 10 points, of course I would agree with you. It would be STUPID to play when you are not sure of the count by a factor of 10, and I don't do it if there are a number of hands yet to play. Please do not forget that I only do this when I am in a play all mode, meaning that the pen is sufficient to normally got into several rounds of positive count. If you can think of a better SCIENTIFIC way to approach the problem of not seeing whether the bust card was a nine or a ten, for example, I would sure like to hear it. Seeing that you have at your disposal all of this SCIENTIFIC software you should easily be able to come up with the most advantageous course of action. Until I hear from you I will continue to use REASON as opposed to SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS when faced with such dilemmas. I am conversant enough with the effect of a single point difference form my studying Snyder's charts that I am reasonably certain that the effect of starting to increase my betting one count late will still keep me well within a healthy expected win rate for that round. I guess that sort of makes it SCIENTIFIC doesn't it? I'll give you another example of when you would NOT use the best scheme of advantage play based on those precious simulations. When the SCIENTIFIC approach says that the best way is to increase the bet using a 1 to 20 spread, and you know the house will likely bar you from play, reason dictates that you find a scheme with a lesser win rate that the house will tolerate. Is this REASON overruling SCIENCE? You decide. I am tired of this wrangling. Sorry I stepped on your fuzzy toes, they were difficult to see in the dark.

I believe I have answered your questions sufficiently. The rest of the stuff you brought up has nothing to do with the question at hand, but more to do with how erudite you are in the understanding of the science behind counting as opposed to my less rigorous approach to playing based on mere recommendations by the world's foremost authorities, and in my ability to apply reason based on their writings and findings. I think I could handle each and every one of the questions you POSED, since they have all been considerations of mine in the course of developing my own strategy and approach toward counting, but I don't care to put myself through that for the sake of showing you up. You really don't need any help at that.

aslan

sagefr0g said:
adrenaline pumpin
my heart is thumpin
while i'm walkin
to the table
control these jitters if i'm able
now i see them just like before
dealers, dealing, i know the score
that's why i'm reluctant to take a seat
the reason for this high heart beat
pit boss's about and lurkin
is that a smile or are they smirkin
chips are flying
the players playing
eventually i have to sit
my mind is in a fit
all this AP stuff i know
where on earth did it go?
awkwardly, hands trembling a bit
wallet out, drop a benny my chips to get
now it's time to make a bet
cards come splaping down across the felt so green
now i've got some cards i've seen
highs and lows and in between
the hands i lose and win
thats not the point i think as my head does spin
come on dealer drop them babies, bring them out
make me laugh and want to shout
what's this just a trickle?
not enough to raise a nickle
out the tens, they come a marchin
for those babies my soul is left a parchin
i've made a dime
and in the pack are those babies, makes me think it is time
the dealer for me my bet to make does await
i'm not about to take the bait
my chips i push foward on the table saying i'm done for now
but i'll be back as a player raises his brow
maybe the next table will bring those babies home to me
those are the cards i'd love to see
nice and early hard and heavy all along
the dealer calls out my black chip and those two nickles strong
no longer trembling i walk away, i'm feelin plucky
just made a dime, all it was, i was lucky.
You should stop taking those bennies, one of which you dropped when you were getting your chips. lol Or did you mean pennies? I didn't know you were a poet. Kind of captured the excitement of it all. I'd end it with..."For the time being, anyway." lol As a famous advantage player once said, "Time will tell." Kudos for the fine job of poetry. You really do have a talent with words.

sagefr0g

aslan said:
I am unable to play like a robot, as you suggested earlier would be the optimal way to play; but I do try to. When I make a MISTAKE I must decide whether it is a fatal mistake requiring me to quit the table or whether it is a mistake that I can live with. In the case of not remembering whether or not the count is -4 or -5, I can live with assuming it to be -5 because it will only delay my increasing the bet by a single increment. If you recall the ko book, the suggested progression based on Kelly starts with a simple doubling of the minimum unit, not immediately going to max bet. This MISTAKE of mine in losing the count is not a fatal error in the case of single unit. It is not always a case of making a mental ERROR, but sometimes it occurs because the dealer's hand is covering the players bust card as he quickly scoops up the cards and I cannot see what the bust card was because he does it all so swiftly. (I normally don't ask him what it was because I don't want to appear to be counting cards.) When this happens which is rare I assume the bust card was a ten because if I don't subtract one from my count I run the risk of being too high in my count which will lead me to thinking I have reached a positive count prematurely. If you had to choose between, quitting the table, risking betting higher before you are in positive territory, or delaying your betting by one point to ensure you are in positive territory, which would you do? The most conservative thing to do, is to quit the table. But I reason that it is harmful but not too harmful to take the next most conservative decision and continue playing choosing the -5 as my count. This, according to the SCIENTIFIC charts will not affect my win rate to the point that I should quit and start over. If I lost the count by 10 points, of course I would agree with you. It would be STUPID to play when you are not sure of the count by a factor of 10, and I don't do it if there are a number of hands yet to play. Please do not forget that I only do this when I am in a play all mode, meaning that the pen is sufficient to normally got into several rounds of positive count. If you can think of a better SCIENTIFIC way to approach the problem of not seeing whether the bust card was a nine or a ten, for example, I would sure like to hear it. Seeing that you have at your disposal all of this SCIENTIFIC software you should easily be able to come up with the most advantageous course of action. Until I hear from you I will continue to use REASON as opposed to SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS when faced with such dilemmas. I am conversant enough with the effect of a single point difference form my studying Snyder's charts that I am reasonably certain that the effect of starting to increase my betting one count late will still keep me well within a healthy expected win rate for that round. I guess that sort of makes it SCIENTIFIC doesn't it? I'll give you another example of when you would NOT use the best scheme of advantage play based on those precious simulations. When the SCIENTIFIC approach says that the best way is to increase the bet using a 1 to 20 spread, and you know the house will likely bar you from play, reason dictates that you find a scheme with a lesser win rate that the house will tolerate. Is this REASON overruling SCIENCE? You decide. I am tired of this wrangling. Sorry I stepped on your fuzzy toes, they were difficult to see in the dark.
the only thing i could say as to those bust cards not being visible would be i quess it would be less of a problem for hi/lo to handle, maybe since you can consider unseen cards as not dealt when you determine your true count, but on the limited basis you describe it doesn't seem so important one way or the other, just as you allude. really no wrangle over it all or toes really stepped on. just me being overly argumentative, trying to show that even guys like you who are trying to do everything right aren't immune to straying (by no real fault of your own) from the scientific straight and narrow course. it's the sort of thing i do to the extreme. i don't find what you do in such a minor case as irrational in any way shape or form. it's just a mild case of voodoo is all. and i'll bet how you are handling it is the correct thing to do. and if you judge it by those charts like you say then it's not really even voodoo, it's just in the grand scheme the game plan suffers a bit from unforseen difficulties sort of thing.
I believe I have answered your questions sufficiently. The rest of the stuff you brought up has nothing to do with the question at hand, but more to do with how erudite you are in the understanding of the science behind counting as opposed to my less rigorous approach to playing based on mere recommendations by the world's foremost authorities, and in my ability to apply reason based on their writings and findings. I think I could handle each and every one of the questions you POSED, since they have all been considerations of mine in the course of developing my own strategy and approach toward counting, but I don't care to put myself through that for the sake of showing you up. You really don't need any help at that.
right all those questions i was asking is probably (my guess) stuff that Snyder's charts cover. well except where i was nosey enough to ask how your results measure up against your expected value and standard deviation.
heck maybe that as well is covered by Snyder's book and/or how you set up your strategies.
admittedly, i was jerking your chain, i'm sorry. hey if you really play all that scientific, no voodoo and thats where your heart is, hats of to you. i was just getting the sense that the pot might have been calling the kettle black to a certain extent. see, hopefully you wouldn't find that sentiment demeaning comming from me, knowing the position that i hold on the matter of rigor vs voodoo and all. it's that very discovery i made about who i really was, essentially just by trying to do a serious scientific analysis of my results opposed to expected value and standard deviation. what i found was that as much as i had believed i was this genuine skilled AP, well, truth be known i found i was pretty much a voodoo practitioner that tryed to employ AP techniques. true story. man, let me tell you, when i looked back in time and at my results i was shocked at all the mistakes and mistaken beliefs and voodoo actions that i'd been putting into action.

aslan

sagefr0g said:
the only thing i could say as to those bust cards not being visible would be i quess it would be less of a problem for hi/lo to handle, maybe since you can consider unseen cards as not dealt when you determine your true count, but on the limited basis you describe it doesn't seem so important one way or the other, just as you allude. really no wrangle over it all or toes really stepped on. just me being overly argumentative, trying to show that even guys like you who are trying to do everything right aren't immune to straying (by no real fault of your own) from the scientific straight and narrow course. it's the sort of thing i do to the extreme. i don't find what you do in such a minor case as irrational in any way shape or form. it's just a mild case of voodoo is all. and i'll bet how you are handling it is the correct thing to do. and if you judge it by those charts like you say then it's not really even voodoo, it's just in the grand scheme the game plan suffers a bit from unforseen difficulties sort of thing.

right all those questions i was asking is probably (my guess) stuff that Snyder's charts cover. well except where i was nosey enough to ask how your results measure up against your expected value and standard deviation.
heck maybe that as well is covered by Snyder's book and/or how you set up your strategies.
admittedly, i was jerking your chain, i'm sorry. hey if you really play all that scientific, no voodoo and thats where your heart is, hats of to you. i was just getting the sense that the pot might have been calling the kettle black to a certain extent. see, hopefully you wouldn't find that sentiment demeaning comming from me, knowing the position that i hold on the matter of rigor vs voodoo and all. it's that very discovery i made about who i really was, essentially just by trying to do a serious scientific analysis of my results opposed to expected value and standard deviation. what i found was that as much as i had believed i was this genuine skilled AP, well, truth be known i found i was pretty much a voodoo practitioner that tryed to employ AP techniques. true story. man, let me tell you, when i looked back in time and at my results i was shocked at all the mistakes and mistaken beliefs and voodoo actions that i'd been putting into action.
I think of voodoo as planning to win with some bogus strategy. I don't think what I do is that. I play according to advantage guidelines, and if I miss a beat I try to make a rational in-flight adjustment. If I go too far astray, I abort the mission. Is there anything else I can possibly do. Not voodoo, Not.

What Snyder's charts give you a feel for is all the ways a particular game and pen could be approached and what the expected values of those different approaches yield. It gives you a sense of what you call wiggle room, that is, how different game plans can still keep you in the winner's column, but it also shows you how a simple change in approach can also put you in the losers column.

In his book, Snyder uses a combination of computer simulations and mathematical formulas to derive his data. He states that his data will be highly accurate for hiLo, whereas Zen will be slightly stronger and Red Seven will be slightly weaker. I'd say KO is in the same ball park as Red Seven. But he claims the data will be pretty accurate for most all counting systems. His purpose is to give the player guidance in choosing both the game and the betting strategies needed to survive as a counter and to maximize your earnings.
The book assumes a house edge of 0.5% equating to a dd game where the dealer must hit soft 17 and you can double down on any two cards. There are better and worse games, but this is at least a middle ground. If you are in a better or worse game then you have to adjust your expectation up or down accordingly. With KO he tells you that at pivot point you are 1% above your starting advantage. With KO, he says the charts are valid for comparing the profitability of games available to you, how much penetration you need, and what betting spread you need. But if you want data such as br requirements, fluctuations, optimal betting strategies, you have to either use the True Edge method of adjusting your running count, or switch to a balanced count like HiLo. He also assumes only one person is playing since the number of players and also the number of cards you get to see before you play your hand are too numerous for the purpose of drawing up accurate frequency distributions. If you are seated where you can see all the other players cards before you play your own, the distributions are are accurate enough for all practical purposes.

The charts show various penetrations with various betting strategies. For 50%, he shows 0:1, 0:1:2, 0:1:2:3, 0:1:2:4, 0:1:2:4:8, 1:2, 1:2:3, 1:2:4, 1:2:4:8, 1:2:4:8:16, and finally variable betting strategies. 0:1 means wonging in at some point and then flatbetting one unit from then on. 1:2:3 means betting 1 unti until a certain point, then 2 units until a certain point, then 3 units above a final point. He tracks the hands in terms of advantage, beginning with -4.5% and up to 8.0%, showing what percentage of hands would occur at each advantage percentage, and what your betting unit should be depending on how you implement your betting strategy. At each chart of a particular betting strategy, he shows 8 different ways or systems of applying that strategy. For example, he will show you 8 ways you might bet a 1:2:3 betting strategy. The 2 unit level may vary from system to system and also the 3 unit level, showing you in the final analysis which is the more profitable implementaion of that system.

For each of the 8 betting systems for a particular betting strategy and penetration he sums up the results showing the number of hands bet per hundred (which varys when you are wonging in), the average bet in fractions of units, the gain per hand using the particular system, and the win rate percentage. Finally, he shows you how many units you should win per hour, per 10 hours, per 100 hours, per 1000 hours, and per 10000 hours. Below each, he shows what your standard deviation would be for each of these situations. So if you want to you can figure out the bankroll you need by say for me figuring out how much you could lose at three standard deviations (expected win - 3 x std dev), which would put my risk at 1% or less.

All of the above is set forth for 50%, 65%, 75%, and 85% pen, with numerous betting strategies and 8 different systems for implementing those betting strategies for each combination pen percentage and betting strategy.

I have several of the books somewhere. I think for SD, DD and 6 deck. They were well worth the money for me, because it simplies all the hocus pocus math talk to where even I can understand it. I highly recommend them, but you may be hard pressed to find them anywhere except the gamblers' book shop in Vegas, I think it's near East Charleston and 11th street.

sagefr0g

aslan said:
I think of voodoo as planning to win with some bogus strategy. I don't think what I do is that. I play according to advantage guidelines, and if I miss a beat I try to make a rational in-flight adjustment. If I go too far astray, I abort the mission. Is there anything else I can possibly do. Not voodoo, Not.

What Snyder's charts give you a feel for is all the ways a particular game and pen could be approached and what the expected values of those different approaches yield. It gives you a sense of what you call wiggle room, that is, how different game plans can still keep you in the winner's column, but it also shows you how a simple change in approach can also put you in the losers column.

In his book, Snyder uses a combination of computer simulations and mathematical formulas to derive his data. He states that his data will be highly accurate for hiLo, whereas Zen will be slightly stronger and Red Seven will be slightly weaker. I'd say KO is in the same ball park as Red Seven. But he claims the data will be pretty accurate for most all counting systems. His purpose is to give the player guidance in choosing both the game and the betting strategies needed to survive as a counter and to maximize your earnings.
The book assumes a house edge of 0.5% equating to a dd game where the dealer must hit soft 17 and you can double down on any two cards. There are better and worse games, but this is at least a middle ground. If you are in a better or worse game then you have to adjust your expectation up or down accordingly. With KO he tells you that at pivot point you are 1% above your starting advantage. With KO, he says the charts are valid for comparing the profitability of games available to you, how much penetration you need, and what betting spread you need. But if you want data such as br requirements, fluctuations, optimal betting strategies, you have to either use the True Edge method of adjusting your running count, or switch to a balanced count like HiLo. He also assumes only one person is playing since the number of players and also the number of cards you get to see before you play your hand are too numerous for the purpose of drawing up accurate frequency distributions. If you are seated where you can see all the other players cards before you play your own, the distributions are are accurate enough for all practical purposes.
The charts show various penetrations with various betting strategies. For 50%, he shows 0:1, 0:1:2, 0:1:2:3, 0:1:2:4, 0:1:2:4:8, 1:2, 1:2:3, 1:2:4, 1:2:4:8, 1:2:4:8:16, and finally variable betting strategies. 0:1 means wonging in at some point and then flatbetting one unit from then on. 1:2:3 means betting 1 unti until a certain point, then 2 units until a certain point, then 3 units above a final point. He tracks the hands in terms of advantage, beginning with -4.5% and up to 8.0%, showing what percentage of hands would occur at each advantage percentage, and what your betting unit should be depending on how you implement your betting strategy. At each chart of a particular betting strategy, he shows 8 different ways or systems of applying that strategy. For example, he will show you 8 ways you might bet a 1:2:3 betting strategy. The 2 unit level may vary from system to system and also the 3 unit level, showing you in the final analysis which is the more profitable implementaion of that system.
For each of the 8 betting systems for a particular betting strategy and penetration he sums up the results showing the number of hands bet per hundred (which varys when you are wonging in), the average bet in fractions of units, the gain per hand using the particular system, and the win rate percentage. Finally, he shows you how many units you should win per hour, per 10 hours, per 100 hours, per 1000 hours, and per 10000 hours. Below each, he shows what your standard deviation would be for each of these situations. So if you want to you can figure out the bankroll you need by say for me figuring out how much you could lose at three standard deviations (expected win - 3 x std dev), which would put my risk at 1% or less.
All of the above is set forth for 50%, 65%, 75%, and 85% pen, with numerous betting strategies and 8 different systems for implementing those betting strategies for each combination pen percentage and betting strategy.

I have several of the books somewhere. I think for SD, DD and 6 deck. They were well worth the money for me, because it simplies all the hocus pocus math talk to where even I can understand it. I highly recommend them, but you may be hard pressed to find them anywhere except the gamblers' book shop in Vegas, I think it's near East Charleston and 11th street.
sounds like good stuff to me. i think i've heard of those books, infact i wanted to get the one for multiple deck. seems they were out of print, i believe. you don't happen to know what software was used for the simulations? just curious. i mean if it was differant than QFIT's it would be interesting to compare data, or see how they stack up against Schlesingers tables in Blackjack Attack or probably could run a correlated ko sim with cvcx, take the w/l & std dev and running count freq's and put them in Kasi's spread sheet, compare results that way.
so but anyway those books sound about as complex as Blackjack Attack at least. kudos to you being able to understand and implement them. i don't think i could do it. lucky for me there is cvcx.
just curious if you've ever tryed to track your hours, or number of rounds and results and compare against those expectations and std dev's in Snyder's book. or vice-a-versa, what i've started doing is try and have a goal that falls within say a range of expectation and standard deviation for some given set of number of rounds or hours from simulation data and Kasi's spread sheet.
reach that goal with my voodoo playing ways and i'm happy sort of thing. thats pretty much what i've been saying how i try and (permitt my voodooish indiscretion) take advantage of luck (ie. std dev) and knowledge (ie. like that expectation data in Snyder's book). maybe like you say in the long run one can't take advantage of luck or standard deviation, but ok, still one could if one desired set the EV and range of some standard deviation as a goal sort of thing for some number of rounds or hours one might consider playing for a given trip.

aslan

sagefr0g said:
sounds like good stuff to me. i think i've heard of those books, infact i wanted to get the one for multiple deck. seems they were out of print, i believe. you don't happen to know what software was used for the simulations? just curious. i mean if it was differant than QFIT's it would be interesting to compare data, or see how they stack up against Schlesingers tables in Blackjack Attack or probably could run a correlated ko sim with cvcx, take the w/l & std dev and running count freq's and put them in Kasi's spread sheet, compare results that way.
so but anyway those books sound about as complex as Blackjack Attack at least. kudos to you being able to understand and implement them. i don't think i could do it. lucky for me there is cvcx.
just curious if you've ever tryed to track your hours, or number of rounds and results and compare against those expectations and std dev's in Snyder's book. or vice-a-versa, what i've started doing is try and have a goal that falls within say a range of expectation and standard deviation for some given set of number of rounds or hours from simulation data and Kasi's spread sheet.
reach that goal with my voodoo playing ways and i'm happy sort of thing. thats pretty much what i've been saying how i try and (permitt my voodooish indiscretion) take advantage of luck (ie. std dev) and knowledge (ie. like that expectation data in Snyder's book). maybe like you say in the long run one can't take advantage of luck or standard deviation, but ok, still one could if one desired set the EV and range of some standard deviation as a goal sort of thing for some number of rounds or hours one might consider playing for a given trip.

Actually, I'm not sure how Snyder used computer simulations in preparing his study, but he provides all the math to do your own charts at the back of the book. If I wanted, for example, I could evaluate my own unique betting strategy by following the directions he gives. It would be easy to do on a spreadsheet. The only thing he doesn't provide is how he knows the number of hands that would fall into each advantage percentage. I suppose he uses a computer simulator to get that, no? But he does show how to interpolate between the pen examples he gives, so that you can approximate the results for a different pen.

You can order the book, Beat the 1 (2, 4, 6, 8) Deck game, by going to cardozabooks.com. They are $25 apiece.

sagefr0g

probleme des parties

consider a passage in Warren Weaver's Lady Luck The Theory of Probability, page 51. ......
Pascal also solved a much harder and more significant problem also provided to him by de Mere. This second problem was an old and famous one, which had been debated many times, but which had never been correctly solved. It was called the probleme des parties, or as it is usully called in English, the division problem, or the problem of points. In general terms, the question is: How should the prize money be divided among the contestants if for some reason it proves necessary to call off a game, a contest, or a tournament before it is completed, and when the contestants have only "partial" scores?
Pascal introduced the very important idea that the amount of the prize any contestant deserved, in a partial game, should depend on the probability that this particular player would win the game, were it carried through to it's conclusion. And Pascal worked out in detail, for several examples, how the probability of winning could be calculated from a knowledge of the nature of the game and the partial score of each contestant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_points

interesting stuff. imho even if i can't understand the math three hundred years later, lmao.
just, the problem of division has elements involving the voodoo idea of gambling and quiting when your ahead, sort of thing.
of course the question of quiting when your ahead always spawns another question, like ok fine, what's your prospects for the next time you want to play sort of thing. so but, lets just suspende that second question for the time being.
i guess it's not generally argued that if one quits when one is ahead and never plays again that one has taken advantage of luck barring advantage play effects.
and in many cases such an advantage may be construed as a 'hollow' victory, lol. such as maybe two kids playing baseball, after one inning and ahead in the game, the kid who owns the ball and bat decides to go home in 'victory'. lmao.
probleme des parties, it's got that question of 'fairness' in it.
and casino's, i guess don't worry about it much. they just figure that the gambler if was so lucky to win will return and lose what he won and more next time.
so in a sense the judge handing out the contest awards for the casino in the probleme des parties is the law of large numbers.
isn't this unconcious, unthinking partial judge (that casino's have in their pocket) vulnerable to thought and knowledge?
edit: i know it's vulnerable to advantage play orthodox, but just that alone?

aslan

sagefr0g said:
consider a passage in Warren Weaver's Lady Luck The Theory of Probability, page 51. ......
Pascal also solved a much harder and more significant problem also provided to him by de Mere. This second problem was an old and famous one, which had been debated many times, but which had never been correctly solved. It was called the probleme des parties, or as it is usully called in English, the division problem, or the problem of points. In general terms, the question is: How should the prize money be divided among the contestants if for some reason it proves necessary to call off a game, a contest, or a tournament before it is completed, and when the contestants have only "partial" scores?
Pascal introduced the very important idea that the amount of the prize any contestant deserved, in a partial game, should depend on the probability that this particular player would win the game, were it carried through to it's conclusion. And Pascal worked out in detail, for several examples, how the probability of winning could be calculated from a knowledge of the nature of the game and the partial score of each contestant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_points

interesting stuff. imho even if i can't understand the math three hundred years later, lmao.
just, the problem of division has elements involving the voodoo idea of gambling and quiting when your ahead, sort of thing.
of course the question of quiting when your ahead always spawns another question, like ok fine, what's your prospects for the next time you want to play sort of thing. so but, lets just suspende that second question for the time being.
i guess it's not generally argued that if one quits when one is ahead and never plays again that one has taken advantage of luck barring advantage play effects.
and in many cases such an advantage may be construed as a 'hollow' victory, lol. such as maybe two kids playing baseball, after one inning and ahead in the game, the kid who owns the ball and bat decides to go home in 'victory'. lmao.
probleme des parties, it's got that question of 'fairness' in it.
and casino's, i guess don't worry about it much. they just figure that the gambler if was so lucky to win will return and lose what he won and more next time.
so in a sense the judge handing out the contest awards for the casino in the probleme des parties is the law of large numbers.
isn't this unconcious, unthinking partial judge (that casino's have in their pocket) vulnerable to thought and knowledge?
edit: i know it's vulnerable to advantage play orthodox, but just that alone?
I imagine a casino cares little or none who plays (except that they have no way to neutralize the house edge). I think there concern is that as many people not possessing an advantage play at all times. Just like the AP, they are interested in the long run and the more hands dealt, roulette wheels spun, and dice thrown, the better! If someone wins big, I don't think they give a thought to getting even with that particular person, at least not if they are thinking rightly, but see it as an opportunity to tout the possibility of winning in their establishment to prospective customers. Yes, they probably are interested to ensure that the big winner has no advantage, but once it's determined that they were merely lucky, they are happy as a pig in a mud puddle. If someone wins millions, like Archie Karas, they know they'll get it back if he keeps playing, and if not from him, from the countless others who pass through their doors. Of course a million dollar player is probably a better prospect for a casino long in cash than a thousand small bettors, so I guess there is deference to high rollers, but only as a class of bettor. Sheiks from the middle east probably make Archie with his $10,000 bets look like a run of the mill high roller. I guess if you have billions, $50,000 a hand blackjack hardly gets the adreline flowing. lol

I guess what I'm saying is that Sage might walk in and parlay $100 into $1,000,000, but I guarantee you that Aslan or someone else, or combination of someone elses, will walk in and lose $1,000,000 plus 0.5% or so. ;) In the long run, Sage's positive variance is complimented by enough negative variance on the part of others to balance things out nicely, with a little house edge on the side to keep the lights on and the shareholders happy.

Now how did Sage get so lucky? Is there any way to enhance one's chances to get lucky? I think there is a way to beat the odds, but no one likes my answer. There's only one person who knows which machine will hit next. Maybe he'll give you a tip. But that's not luck, that's advantage play. lol Even if it's discovered that we all have some innate ability to predict the future, that would not be luck, again, that would be advantage play. lol

No, Sage just got lucky...and maybe he will continue to get lucky for the rest of his life. The casino doesn't care. The standard deviation still describes the long run for casinos who are engaged in millions and millions of gambling transactions. They will always have happy shareholders as long as they can get people to play, in spite of the Sages of the world who clean their clocks.

sagefr0g

aslan said:
I imagine a casino cares little or none who plays (except that they have no way to neutralize the house edge). I think there concern is that as many people not possessing an advantage play at all times. Just like the AP, they are interested in the long run and the more hands dealt, roulette wheels spun, and dice thrown, the better! If someone wins big, I don't think they give a thought to getting even with that particular person, at least not if they are thinking rightly, but see it as an opportunity to tout the possibility of winning in their establishment to prospective customers. Yes, they probably are interested to ensure that the big winner has no advantage, but once it's determined that they were merely lucky, they are happy as a pig in a mud puddle. If someone wins millions, like Archie Karas, they know they'll get it back if he keeps playing, and if not from him, from the countless others who pass through their doors. Of course a million dollar player is probably a better prospect for a casino long in cash than a thousand small bettors, so I guess there is deference to high rollers, but only as a class of bettor. Sheiks from the middle east probably make Archie with his $10,000 bets look like a run of the mill high roller. I guess if you have billions, $50,000 a hand blackjack hardly gets the adreline flowing. lol

I guess what I'm saying is that Sage might walk in and parlay $100 into $1,000,000, but I guarantee you that Aslan or someone else, or combination of someone elses, will walk in and lose $1,000,000 plus 0.5% or so. ;) In the long run, Sage's positive variance is complimented by enough negative variance on the part of others to balance things out nicely, with a little house edge on the side to keep the lights on and the shareholders happy.

Now how did Sage get so lucky? Is there any way to enhance one's chances to get lucky? I think there is a way to beat the odds, but no one likes my answer. There's only one person who knows which machine will hit next. Maybe he'll give you a tip. But that's not luck, that's advantage play. lol Even if it's discovered that we all have some innate ability to predict the future, that would not be luck, again, that would be advantage play. lol

No, Sage just got lucky...and maybe he will continue to get lucky for the rest of his life. The casino doesn't care. The standard deviation still describes the long run for casinos who are engaged in millions and millions of gambling transactions. They will always have happy shareholders as long as they can get people to play, in spite of the Sages of the world who clean their clocks.
heh, heh, thats good to know. at least it doesn't have to be sage that loses it back, maybe some other poor dumb slob,
or lmao, maybe some AP.:p
but no need to enhance the chances of getting luck, just be there enough and it'll happen. one thing though, it might help to know accurately what is probably luck and what is probably not.
thing is, why fool around with the risk of giving it back if the results are relatively at or beyond the expectation even the best player might have for some given session? there is always tomorrow to lose it back, why not wait?
or if you just want to play some more, maybe play at a lower rate of risk with respect to standard deviation in the short term. lol, might just get lucky doing that too.
who knows, maybe next time sage'll knuckle down and play it straight. maybe it might just depend on what happened last time.

aslan

sagefr0g said:
heh, heh, thats good to know. at least it doesn't have to be sage that loses it back, maybe some other poor dumb slob,
or lmao, maybe some AP.:p
but no need to enhance the chances of getting luck, just be there enough and it'll happen. one thing though, it might help to know accurately what is probably luck and what is probably not.
thing is, why fool around with the risk of giving it back if the results are relatively at or beyond the expectation even the best player might have for some given session? there is always tomorrow to lose it back, why not wait?
or if you just want to play some more, maybe play at a lower rate of risk with respect to standard deviation in the short term. lol, might just get lucky doing that too.
who knows, maybe next time sage'll knuckle down and play it straight. maybe it might just depend on what happened last time.
All I know is that you won't catch me around a roulette wheel again. Sober reflection has shown me the error of my lucky ways. But an advantage play at the wheel, well, that's another thing!

sagefr0g

aslan said:
All I know is that you won't catch me around a roulette wheel again. Sober reflection has shown me the error of my lucky ways. But an advantage play at the wheel, well, that's another thing!
yes, i wouldn't try and convince you. kind of like a kid playing with fire sort of thing. burn me once shame on them, burn me twice shame on me. lol. if i didn't get burnt, damm was i sure as hell lucky.:eek:
i know coupons or match plays of some certain type it can be considered advantageous to use on roulette and even more so than if you used them on blackjack under certain rules of the coupon or match play.
i think it's argued that one wouldn't want to take money won in a casino and consider it similar to match plays or coupons and then play it on roulette, because money has value that coupons and match plays don't.
it's confusing to me. i used to value the hell out of match play tokens when i was able to get them on a regular basis. lmao, i used to get them so reguarly and such volume it was as if the govt was printing another countrys money and giving it to me with out the usual inflation. :rolleyes:
i know under that situation i was glad to lay some of my really cash on the line to get those tokens working, what ever even if i didn't fully understand the best way to gamble them. but anyway, at least i understand now, that it's in a great part because of those match plays that i was able for a long time to turn a really, really small bankroll into a bigger one and have fun doing it.
maybe, part of the distinction confusing to me with respect to coupons, match play tokens, money won gambling and really money taken out of pocket for making a bankroll has to do with the fact that ones bankroll according to orthodox AP stuff is supposed to be considered at risk money to the extent if you lose it all, then supposedly it's no big deal.:confused::whip:
lol, ROR to me is AP stuff's achillies heel. i mean, how absurd to a guy like me, the concept that i've got fifty grand or a hundred grand, or heck even ten grand and oh, no big deal if i lose it sort of thing, just tsk, tsk, ho hum. lmao. i mean heck, sure you got $100,000.00 to risk at AP as opposed to $10,000.00 and your gonna have a lower ROR . but duh, you might lose ten g's of your hundred g's trying or maybe the whole wad? what happens if your whole financial situation changes suddenly as a result of a black swan, and suddenly your hundred g's really is a hundred g's? lol, it's like on this issue one has to wonder which part of the brain the math nerds smart as they are, are using. same section of brain that got us in this sub-prime mess i should suspect.
so i dunno, it's maybe like i said before, probably our differances are grounded in questions around utility theory more than anything else.

aslan

sagefr0g said:
yes, i wouldn't try and convince you. kind of like a kid playing with fire sort of thing. burn me once shame on them, burn me twice shame on me. lol. if i didn't get burnt, damm was i sure as hell lucky.:eek:
i know coupons or match plays of some certain type it can be considered advantageous to use on roulette and even more so than if you used them on blackjack under certain rules of the coupon or match play.
i think it's argued that one wouldn't want to take money won in a casino and consider it similar to match plays or coupons and then play it on roulette, because money has value that coupons and match plays don't.
it's confusing to me. i used to value the hell out of match play tokens when i was able to get them on a regular basis. lmao, i used to get them so reguarly and such volume it was as if the govt was printing another countrys money and giving it to me with out the usual inflation. :rolleyes:
i know under that situation i was glad to lay some of my really cash on the line to get those tokens working, what ever even if i didn't fully understand the best way to gamble them. but anyway, at least i understand now, that it's in a great part because of those match plays that i was able for a long time to turn a really, really small bankroll into a bigger one and have fun doing it.
maybe, part of the distinction confusing to me with respect to coupons, match play tokens, money won gambling and really money taken out of pocket for making a bankroll has to do with the fact that ones bankroll according to orthodox AP stuff is supposed to be considered at risk money to the extent if you lose it all, then supposedly it's no big deal.:confused::whip:
lol, ROR to me is AP stuff's achillies heel. i mean, how absurd to a guy like me, the concept that i've got fifty grand or a hundred grand, or heck even ten grand and oh, no big deal if i lose it sort of thing, just tsk, tsk, ho hum. lmao. i mean heck, sure you got $100,000.00 to risk at AP as opposed to $10,000.00 and your gonna have a lower ROR . but duh, you might lose ten g's of your hundred g's trying or maybe the whole wad? what happens if your whole financial situation changes suddenly as a result of a black swan, and suddenly your hundred g's really is a hundred g's? lol, it's like on this issue one has to wonder which part of the brain the math nerds smart as they are, are using. same section of brain that got us in this sub-prime mess i should suspect.
so i dunno, it's maybe like i said before, probably our differances are grounded in questions around utility theory more than anything else.
On those match plays, a fellow I know showed me how to bet both sides of mini-baccarrat, one side with the coupon and the other side with cash. Sometimes they make you play money on the same side as the coupon, but as long as you bet the same on both sides, you can't lose, but you can convert your token into cash, minus a commission if you win on the bank side.

No AP says Ho Hum if they lose their bankroll. The amount of the bankroll is supposed to be such in keeping with RoR calculations that it is next to impossible to lose it all playing according to advantage play guidelines. If you do, you have overcome the odds of 99 to less than one, and I would consider wearing latex gloves at all times, a surgeon's mask. and staying home unless it is impossible to do so. Otherwise, you might catch avian flu or black plague and die a horrible death.

What do stylish frogs wear?

Jumpsuits!

What has more lives than a cat?

A frog, it croaks every night!