Netting winning day results vs losing day results (Experiment)

Hello, I'm going to conduct an experiment and would like to hear opinions and thoughts before I do so.
I am going to net all of my winnings sessions vs all of my losing sessions and get a number for money lost (assuming no winning days) and then another for money won assuming no losing days.
Assume 2x150.

Midwest Player

JohnCrover said:
Hello, I'm going to conduct an experiment and would like to hear opinions and thoughts before I do so.
I am going to net all of my winnings sessions vs all of my losing sessions and get a number for money lost (assuming no winning days) and then another for money won assuming no losing days.
Assume 2x150.
What's the big deal here. I do that all the time as part of my record keeping. In fact you should be doing that for your income tax filings.

You misunderstood what I was trying to say. I already do net my wins and losses. I was saying that I was going to add up the total win, and then see by what margin it beats the total loss.
The way I do it now is I punch in numbers to spreadsheet then just see what the net result is on a day to day basis.
I'm over this though. Forget it.
The fascinating part was supposed to see by what margin the wins beat out the losses and not the actual win itself. A win of $101,000 with a loss of $100,000 tells a different story than win of $21,000 and a loss of $20,000. What I was trying to ask is what people thought the margins would look like in that regard. I obviously did a poor job at phrasing the question. Again, I'm over it.

DSchles

JohnCrover said:
Don, you may Delete this thread.
Ha! Not within my power to do. I have no editing ability for this or any other site. However, your discussion is a valid one, and I devoted some very serious math to it in the book. If you have BJA3, go to pp. 298-301. People don't often discuss this, but it was some challenging math, and it has some interesting conclusions.

Don

Midwest Player

JohnCrover said:
You misunderstood what I was trying to say. I already do net my wins and losses. I was saying that I was going to add up the total win, and then see by what margin it beats the total loss.
The way I do it now is I punch in numbers to spreadsheet then just see what the net result is on a day to day basis.
I'm over this though. Forget it.
The fascinating part was supposed to see by what margin the wins beat out the losses and not the actual win itself. A win of $101,000 with a loss of $100,000 tells a different story than win of $21,000 and a loss of $20,000. What I was trying to ask is what people thought the margins would look like in that regard. I obviously did a poor job at phrasing the question. Again, I'm over it.
This is very easy to do, and once it is set up if can be done automatically with no additional data input. Just insert a couple of columns in your worksheet and use an "if, then, else" formula.

Here is what my worksheet looks like.

bj-chart-jpg.9138

And this is what the formulas look like for 2018 Total Winnings and 2018 Total Losses.

bj-formula-jpg.9139