new format?

sagefr0g

uhh, is there a new format comming?
at any rate, i noticed the format changing around this evening.
not sure i like the new format.
i'm young and easily confused.:eek:

Tum

Administrator
Yup we've moved across to a different forum software for performance reasons :)

Hopefully you'll get used to it eventually :p

If there's any issues let me know!

sagefr0g

agreed 21forme. i mean i guess as long as we don't start seeing smiling faces of models trying to sell medicare insurance or bank services, what have you, i guess i can live with it.
but right Tum, probably be a matter of getting used to it, sorta thing.

sagefr0g

hmm, also seems we've lost the capability to edit posts.
also images uploaded can't be viewed unless logged on
those are two issues that hopefully can be fixed.

DSchles

Tum said:
Yup we've moved across to a different forum software for performance reasons :)

Hopefully you'll get used to it eventually :p

If there's any issues let me know!
Every single feature I see is worse than before. No one can ever leave well enough alone. The pastel colors are atrocious. Much more importantly, how do you get to the second page of a multi-page thread? The page numbers have vanished.

Don

sagefr0g

one has to wonder what other changes are lurking unbeknownst until they strike us unawares:confused::mad::eek:
but i got my value on Tum, gonna fix this thang;)

London Colin

It's the same forum software that Ken put in place some time ago on blackjacktournaments.com. There are no issues on that site, so I imagine all problems are just configuration issues.

One thing I have noticed is that none of my old PMs are here (and my avatar is gone). This is the first time I've logged in here since the forum was revived, so I don't know if it's an artefact of the change in forum software or if it was the case to begin with.

Possibly there is a migration process that is still to be completed, certainly Ken managed to get everything across from the old to the new system on the bjt forum.

P.S. Hello again everybody.:)

Tum

Administrator
Thanks for the suggestions guys. We are still working on things so if you could bear with us for a moment while we sort things out.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused

Tum

Administrator
sagefr0g said:
hmm, also seems we've lost the capability to edit posts.
also images uploaded can't be viewed unless logged on
those are two issues that hopefully can be fixed.
You should be able to edit posts now and unregistered users can view uploaded images

Tum

Administrator
London Colin said:
It's the same forum software that Ken put in place some time ago on blackjacktournaments.com. There are no issues on that site, so I imagine all problems are just configuration issues.

One thing I have noticed is that none of my old PMs are here (and my avatar is gone). This is the first time I've logged in here since the forum was revived, so I don't know if it's an artefact of the change in forum software or if it was the case to begin with.

Possibly there is a migration process that is still to be completed, certainly Ken managed to get everything across from the old to the new system on the bjt forum.

P.S. Hello again everybody.:)
Yep Ken has advised me on the noticeable benefits (security/efficiency/less spam) of when he moved to this software on blackjacktournaments.com which is why we have gone this route. I'll have a dig around to see if I can revive anything from your old profile. Not sure why your avatar wasn't migrated successfully as opposed to others....I'll look into it.

London Colin

Tum said:
Yep Ken has advised me on the noticeable benefits (security/efficiency/less spam) of when he moved to this software on blackjacktournaments.com which is why we have gone this route. I'll have a dig around to see if I can revive anything from your old profile. Not sure why your avatar wasn't migrated successfully as opposed to others....I'll look into it.
Thinking about it, it's possible that I never had an avatar on this forum. I thought I had set it up the same as on the other forum, but I may be misremembering.

I'm suddenly doubting everything, but I was fairly sure that I had kept some PMs. Have anyone's old PMs been transferred into the new 'conversations'? (I think Ken may have had to run various scripts to do things like transfer PMs, convert old links between posts so that they can still be followed, etc.)