Omega 2 vs zen

bigplayer

zengrifter said:
Interestingly, Brett Harris ran what I consider to be the definitive sims on 6D ENHC pitting ZEN against RPC and ZEN won out.

Ah, BP, I am NOT 'Grifter', that is another poster over at BJ21.
I am 'THE Grifter®', Zengrifter, and/or ZG. Cape'ce, paisan? z:laugh:g
sorry for the confusion...I know who you are...we've had lunch together before at one of the old Rat Pack meetings.

bigplayer said:
sorry for the confusion...I know who you are...we've had lunch together before at one of the old Rat Pack meetings.
Yes, and you are THE BP!
Part of what set ExCAA off on me is the recurring confusion between me and Grifter.
I offered to buy his handle once, but he thought it was worth "...a lot more than $20." :laugh:

Last edited:
kewljason said:
If you are looking to bump up your results 5-10%, I would concentrate on .... playing as accurately as possible, getting out of those negative counts, concentrate on finding and playing better games, maybe take a second look at your bet spread and ramp, and don't forget those matchplay's. A few $5 and $10 matchplay's per month, can really help out a red chipper. :)
More importantly, play LONGER and fASTER, and add 40 extra +count indices.
Those things alone combined can maybe add 50-100% additional EV per day.

bigplayer said:
A lot of players use AO2 Tags for Single Deck and Double deck and use Zen Tags for shoes all using a single set of index numbers for both (The Index Numbers are very close).
Willywill and Desertwolf, don't even think about it! zg

zengrifter said:
TCs can be calibrated differently. 1/4DTC is the latest ZEN that we say do NOT use. Use the older 1DTC version. Or Mentor is calibrated at 2DTC, even better.

If the whole TC thing eludes you, go with UBZ (unbalanced ZEN) a running count based system that is just as strong as the ZEN and Mentor. zg
Any books that lay out the details of UBZ? Thanks zg. Oh and how much would my ev change, considering I currently play KO? Would I see far less variance? Perhaps a few tenths of a unit more per hour?

WRX

zengrifter said:
Part of what set ExCAA off on me is the recurring confusion between me and Grifter.
Trust me, ExCAA would still have been set off on you if there had never been a "Grifter."

WRX said:
Trust me, ExCAA would still have been set off on you if there had never been a "Grifter."
Trust me, he went on the attack mostly based on confusion.... partly stemming from Stalker's dishonesty, we might conclude from a careful reading of THE Great Debate, as well as confusing me with other posters' posting smack at other sites. And his attack was ill-timed, improper, lacking forum etiquette, and decidedly uncouth.

Notwithstanding, and in all candor, I stand by my prior endorsements and accolades:
ExCAA is the greatest holecard player ever.
The Tiger Woods of HC!
The Pinball f**king Wizard himself!

Just don't get me started on that Max Rubin character or I may never get invited to THE Party. z:laugh:g