One for The Grifter

Just finished Barfarkel's "You've Got Heat". Let me start by saying that some of the advantage moves you guys pulled were mindboggling. The one that comes to mind is when you spotted a "fake" double decker, which was actually a multi deck game where the dealer holds 2 decks in his hand, making it "appear" as a DD game. The book said you went over, put down a bet, and waited for your 2 cards. Only after you saw tthat you had a stiff, did you complain to the pit boss that you didn't know it wasn't a double deck game,and you got your money back. Amazing. It was a free bet where you couldn't lose. Now THAT'S what I call advantage play. My question to you is, did you just come up with that move on the fly, (or was it pre-planned just waiting for the right opportunity?) and were you certain going in that they'd give the money back if you got a lousy hand? I mean, what if the PB said no way, or did you figure it was just worth the risk of one bet either way? Anyway, some of the best advantage plays I've ever heard of in that book. You the man..

My question to you is, did you just come up with that move on the fly, (or was it pre-planned just waiting for the right opportunity?)
It was really just on the fly, but I then added it to my repretoire,- I had been burned by one of those games a few weeks earlier at Aladdin where also there was no identifying sign on the table. BUT it was three big bet hands I threw out at LVClub and then turned the whole round into a dead hand when I got 3 lousy hands - the pitboss was still apologizing to me for the confusion as I changed tables, my bets intact.

A similar move I've used is with the Random Ejection shuffle-machines - where I noticed that one of the cards stayed stuck in the ejection chute. Big bet(s) go out and I don't notice the missing card until I don't like my hand. zg