one hand vs Multiple hands at high count debate

Many counters try to use multiple hands at a high count to reduce variance at a shoe game. It seems to me that one hand vs mutlieple hands play at a high count would not change the long term EV, but you may play fewer hands at high count section. What is your guys approach on number of hands played when the count is high and you bet big? Assume you have not reached the table max.
According to the world's greated book on BJ, the author said there is 25% chance that one hand win, one hand lose if you play twohands, which means 2 hand only cut 25% variance. Is there any simulation result to show the result you achieve when you play one hand or two hands when the table is by yourself, or on the condition that the table has 2 or 3 more hand? The result refers to both EV and variance. I mainly refer to 6 deck shoe game now, but 2 deck result will be appreciated too.
Sonny , can you run a simulation on CVData on this?

thanks a lot!

The answer is best found in BJ Attack - I don't have it handy - but due to the counter-effect of 'card-eating' at +counts, it is only advisable to play 2 or more hands at +counts when there are others at the table but NOT heads up. The exception heads up is when its the last round anyway - then even heads-up you can play 2-3 hands.

#others / #hands you should play
-------- --------
0 / 1
1 / 1-2
2 / 2
3+ / 3

If you routinely bet 2hands in +counts heads up you are reducing the effective EV.

And it goes without saying that when you do bet multiple hands the combined amount is more than your 1hand bet:

1hand = 100
2hand = 75+75
3hand = 60+60+60

zg

Sonny

zg said:
And it goes without saying that when you do bet multiple hands the combined amount is more than your 1hand bet:

1hand = 100
2hand = 75+75
3hand = 60+60+60
Well, that depends on your goal. Using the adjusted bets above will give you a higher EV with the same variance, but the original post talked about using multiple hands to reduce variance. In that case you could bet the same amount as your single-hand total like this:

1hand = 100
2hand = 50+50
3hand = 33+33+33 (you would probably round to 30 or 35)

That will give you the same EV with less variance. Playing multiple hands along with aggressive Wonging is a great way to safely build a small bankroll.

-Sonny-

Sonny said:
Well, that depends on your goal. Using the adjusted bets above will give you a higher EV with the same variance, but the original post talked about using multiple hands to reduce variance. In that case you could bet the same amount as your single-hand total like this:

1hand = 100
2hand = 50+50
3hand = 33+33+33 (you would probably round to 30 or 35)

That will give you the same EV with less variance. Playing multiple hands along with aggressive Wonging is a great way to safely build a small bankroll.

-Sonny-
Actually, for the very reason I cited above, this would reduce EV as well as variance - because of the card-eating effect. zg

Sonny

zengrifter said:
Actually, for the very reason I cited above, this would reduce EV as well as variance - because of the card-eating effect. zg
For heads-up play only...Otherwise the EV would be the same while the SD was smaller. As you mentioned, it is actually optimal to play multiple hands when playing with other players (not trying to be a smartass here :p ).

-Sonny-