One of those moments that leaves you wanting to puke

Thunder

Happened to me on my last trip. Dealer pulled a 7 card 21 in a + count no less on a 6 card 16!!! This was a stand 17 game too.

johndoe

Thunder said:
Happened to me on my last trip. Dealer pulled a 7 card 21 in a + count no less on a 6 card 16!!! This was a stand 17 game too.
And let me guess, it was time to shuffle right after that hand, destroying the value of the wonderfully high count?

When things like this happen it usually involves a bunch of aces, so unless you are using an ace-neutral count you can expect to see it in high counts.

But the 3-card dealer busts you also see in high counts make it all worthwhile.

Thunder

johndoe said:
And let me guess, it was time to shuffle right after that hand, destroying the value of the wonderfully high count?
No,
Luckily it wasn't the end of the shoe but I did get murdered anyway that shoe so it didn't matter. It was one of the few times that I visibly lost it and yelled out loud Bull $%($*#& Chit. I would love to know what the odds of a dealer pullin a 7 card 21 are. I think I might have liked it a lot better if I was playing Spanish 21 instead.

Last edited:

Thunder

Automatic Monkey said:
When things like this happen it usually involves a bunch of aces, so unless you are using an ace-neutral count you can expect to see it in high counts.

But the 3-card dealer busts you also see in high counts make it all worthwhile.
Smart man you are. There were about 4 aces in the total. This is precisely why I wonder if it's better to keep a side count for aces in Hi-Lo.

Thunder said:
Smart man you are. There were about 4 aces in the total. This is precisely why I wonder if it's better to keep a side count for aces in Hi-Lo.
Not really worth it. What would you do, bet less because there were a lot of aces left? This is one of the things you just have to accept as within the realm of possibility.

There's a count I use on another game where the aces are heavily weighted, and when I get a high count the aces come flying! It seems like the dealer always has one too. Always makes things too exciting.

8 Card 20

I once had a dealer pull an 8 card 20. Had a max bet double down with soft 18 vs 3. I catch a ten on my double and dealer draws all aces and twos having 14 through 7 cards and eigth card is a 6 to make 20. Of coarse it was last hand before shuffle. Later in that session though I had a couple successful split 10 vs 6 ops where I had a good excuse to get away with as if out of frustration.