Organized Crime in Vegas still...?

Nightshifter

Though I would talk about this in another thread. Here's an excerpt from someone that replied on the subject in another forum....

First let me modify the question “Does Organized Crime still operate in Vegas?”

Answer- Absolutely! My info is a wee bit dated BUT take a look at cash flow.

Strip club scene- I have personally interviewed virtually all job descriptors who worked for the strip clubs including the strippers, bouncers, managers, “Bottle Service” “Promotors” and customers. Cash goes in from unknown sources and goes out to unknown sources. The ownership uses the Nevada Limited Liability Corporation laws to hide who the owner is. Drugs available, why yes they are. Illegal prostitution? Why yes of course. Money is skimmed? I wonder (Sarcasm) One “Owner” Manager of an LLC, busted writing checks that no one could cash bragged to me that the money owed in restitution would be paid before he could be sentenced. The standard deal for writing bad checks in Vegas is “Pay the restitution, charges get dismissed.” Seven figure restitution was paid with a certified check. No one cared where the money came from.

Drugs- That is complicated but the short version is drugs are sold, and large amounts of cash from unknown sources is sent to unknown places. The street gangs in Vegas, owe loyalty to the California Mexican Mafia. (The local home grown Hispanic gangs are in the minority).The Sinaloa Cartel wholesales the product to LA EME who retails it via “13” affiliated street gangs. A 10% tax is collected on all hard drug sales. The tax is then kicked back to “Big Homey” Now here it starts to get fuzzy but seems the Italian boys get a piece of this action along with the local “Red Neck Mafia.” of Vegas. One Dealer told me “ There are a LOT of businessmen involved, guys in suits, people with connections to legitimate businesses, lawyers and so on.

Is that hearsay? Absolutely. But I've heard many variations over the years with the same groups coming up over and over. Naming names? NO- they don’t. Speculation on my part? Yes- some but after 42 years in the Criminal Justice business it all makes sense.

Meanwhile in the Burbs- There are a lot of Home Owner Associations here in Vegas. Dues are paid for common area maintenance and repair. Seems a group of lawyers and contractors got together, bought a house and joined the local HOA. From there they got on the Board and started steering repairs to certain contractors. To pay for them HOA dues went up, way up. The work was done and the HOA way overcharged for it. Cash was then kicked back to the Board Members, lawyers and a group of “Businessmen” behind the scenes. Well it crashed, millions disappeared, and the ringleaders were very tightlipped about who bankrolled the operation. So tightlipped two committed suicide. Seems some “businessmen based in Chicago” were involved. One of the dead lawyers told a friend that she was set up in business by a Chicago based family business. (That's not in the story).

Four found guilty in massive Las Vegas HOA fraud case

Corruption- Next time you get drunk and arrested, take a moment, on your way out the door to look at the jail dedication plaque in the lobby. There are four names of County Supervisors on the plaque. Three of those, Kenney, Herrera, Kinkaid-Chauncey, were convicted of corruption and did Federal time. Had to do with Strip Club licensing and zoning. Seems a San Diego connected club owner paid for favors from the County Board of Supervisors

Well folks that ends our tour for today right back where we started. If you enjoyed your tour for today please come back again and again!

I live in Vegas. Like the town and the people. Isn’t Organized crime everywhere? YES, it is. In that respect Vegas is no different than any other large US city. So don’t think this place is a cesspool more than any other major US city.

Nightshifter

We had some board members arrested at our Condo in Lauderdale ... crooked contractors jacking up the prices... then giving kickbacks to the board members for giving them the job... they were eventually busted... we then elected a whole new board and the manager was almost fired. So this kinda corruption goes on... believe me. First clue (after a while) is where is all the money going... if 200 units are paying an 800/month maintenance fee (which includes all the insurances ... HOA) and there seems to be never any money for what everyone wants done around there... things start to become rather suspicious... :) It happens...

Nightshifter said:
We had some board members arrested at our Condo in Lauderdale ... crooked contractors jacking up the prices... then giving kickbacks to the board members for giving them the job... they were eventually busted... we then elected a whole new board and the manager was almost fired. So this kinda corruption goes on... believe me. First clue (after a while) is where is all the money going... if 200 units are paying an 800/month maintenance fee (which includes all the insurances ... HOA) and there seems to be never any money for what everyone wants done around there... things start to become rather suspicious... :) It happens...
What the hell are you talking about? You obviously have too much time on your hands and this board recently.

beating vegas

Nightshifter said:
Though I would talk about this in another thread. Here's an excerpt from someone that replied on the subject in another forum....

First let me modify the question “Does Organized Crime still operate in Vegas?”

Answer- Absolutely! My info is a wee bit dated BUT take a look at cash flow.

Strip club scene- I have personally interviewed virtually all job descriptors who worked for the strip clubs including the strippers, bouncers, managers, “Bottle Service” “Promotors” and customers. Cash goes in from unknown sources and goes out to unknown sources. The ownership uses the Nevada Limited Liability Corporation laws to hide who the owner is. Drugs available, why yes they are. Illegal prostitution? Why yes of course. Money is skimmed? I wonder (Sarcasm) One “Owner” Manager of an LLC, busted writing checks that no one could cash bragged to me that the money owed in restitution would be paid before he could be sentenced. The standard deal for writing bad checks in Vegas is “Pay the restitution, charges get dismissed.” Seven figure restitution was paid with a certified check. No one cared where the money came from.

Drugs- That is complicated but the short version is drugs are sold, and large amounts of cash from unknown sources is sent to unknown places. The street gangs in Vegas, owe loyalty to the California Mexican Mafia. (The local home grown Hispanic gangs are in the minority).The Sinaloa Cartel wholesales the product to LA EME who retails it via “13” affiliated street gangs. A 10% tax is collected on all hard drug sales. The tax is then kicked back to “Big Homey” Now here it starts to get fuzzy but seems the Italian boys get a piece of this action along with the local “Red Neck Mafia.” of Vegas. One Dealer told me “ There are a LOT of businessmen involved, guys in suits, people with connections to legitimate businesses, lawyers and so on.

Is that hearsay? Absolutely. But I've heard many variations over the years with the same groups coming up over and over. Naming names? NO- they don’t. Speculation on my part? Yes- some but after 42 years in the Criminal Justice business it all makes sense.

Meanwhile in the Burbs- There are a lot of Home Owner Associations here in Vegas. Dues are paid for common area maintenance and repair. Seems a group of lawyers and contractors got together, bought a house and joined the local HOA. From there they got on the Board and started steering repairs to certain contractors. To pay for them HOA dues went up, way up. The work was done and the HOA way overcharged for it. Cash was then kicked back to the Board Members, lawyers and a group of “Businessmen” behind the scenes. Well it crashed, millions disappeared, and the ringleaders were very tightlipped about who bankrolled the operation. So tightlipped two committed suicide. Seems some “businessmen based in Chicago” were involved. One of the dead lawyers told a friend that she was set up in business by a Chicago based family business. (That's not in the story).

Four found guilty in massive Las Vegas HOA fraud case

Corruption- Next time you get drunk and arrested, take a moment, on your way out the door to look at the jail dedication plaque in the lobby. There are four names of County Supervisors on the plaque. Three of those, Kenney, Herrera, Kinkaid-Chauncey, were convicted of corruption and did Federal time. Had to do with Strip Club licensing and zoning. Seems a San Diego connected club owner paid for favors from the County Board of Supervisors

Well folks that ends our tour for today right back where we started. If you enjoyed your tour for today please come back again and again!

I live in Vegas. Like the town and the people. Isn’t Organized crime everywhere? YES, it is. In that respect Vegas is no different than any other large US city. So don’t think this place is a cesspool more than any other major US city.
SMH. This is nonsense.