Oscar's Grind on a video blackjack machine

Caesar

I was playing Oscar on a 25-cent blackjack machine. I found myself down quite a bit(70+ units) before recovering. My problem is the machine has a 10-unit maximum bet, so I can't play a pure Oscar's Grind. Has anyone used a modified Grind in a situation like this?

shadroch

Yep, but not on the machines you were playing on. The even money for BJs will kill you. Don't be fooled by the BJ pays 2 for 1, thats just a fancy way of saying even money.

I actually just found a video BJ game that pays 3:2 H17, DAS DOA etc. so a very low house edge. I dont think that would be too bad of a game. It has a minimum bet of 1 dollar too.

Caesar

location?

I didn't know they had any. Where is it? You're not referring to virtual blackjack(attractive dealers on a screen), are you?

Mewtwo

Caesar said:
I didn't know they had any. Where is it? You're not referring to virtual blackjack(attractive dealers on a screen), are you?
Generally those are $5 minimums with the dealers on the screen.

(Also you left out the part about the dealers having fake boobs :p)

QFIT

Why would you put money in a machine that will give you back less money, and no candy, soda or anything else?

SleightOfHand

QFIT said:
Why would you put money in a machine that will give you back less money, and no candy, soda or anything else?
The machines give me tickets so I can buy prizes and food (although I have never played a -EV game for comps)!