Our BJ "family" in NYC

KewlJ

Geez, I just read on one of those 'hate' forums some nasty comments about one of our BJ family members in NYC. You know the site that the owner promised damn near a year ago to shut down, but continues to prove himself a liar (Zengrifter).

That post reminded me that we have fellow members in NYC and the surrounding area. Sometimes I tend to think the world ends at the Las Vegas border or the mountains that surround the Valley of Paradise. So to our BJ family in and around NYC, like Norm and Don and surely many more, I hope you all are well and safe as the Apex quickly approaches for your area.

Differences on what count someone may choose or whatever other things we fight about seem so insignificant right now. Everyone, everywhere, please stay safe and good health to everyone and their family.

KewlJ said:
the site that the owner promised damn near a year ago to shut down, but continues to prove himself a liar (Zengrifter).
Now now, I did not promise to shut the Zzone down, I said I would clean it up at some point, and that point has been longer than what I indicated, but 'LIAR' I do not believe is appropriate.

And not "damn near a year ago," I just checked the timestamp, it was barely 5.5 months ago.
KewlJ said:
just read on one of those 'hate' forums some nasty comments about one of our BJ family members in NYC.
(Edited by Admin)

Last edited by a moderator:

DSchles

"So to our BJ family in and around NYC, like Norm and Don and surely many more, I hope you all are well and safe as the Apex quickly approaches for your area. "

Thank you very much. All is well for the moment. Staying home and trying to stay safe.

Don

Albee

xengrifter said:
Yes sadly.
My wife is totally wigged out about the virus.
But she still wanted to drive down the strip the other night. After that I wanted us to walk down Fremont Street, but she was done.

We have separate offices at home, I was in mind she in hers, and she hears me cough, and freaks out: oh my God, what was that, was that a virus cough or a marijuana cough? -- only a marijuana cough, honey.

Oh yes, there I forgot there are others in New York. Hey New Yorkers, and everyone else as well, start pounding vitamin C, vitamin D3, zinc, glutathione, and probiotics including fermented foods and beverages.*

*Reminds me of the old vaudeville act ... One of the actors keels over clutching his chest and collapses, and they check his pulse and chest and shake their heads sadly... and a little old Jewish lady in the front row says, "why don't you give him some chicken soup" and the attending performer on stage proclaims "lady, he's dead" and the little Jewish lady replies, "well, it couldn't hurt!"
WTF ? I'm an upstate New Yorker and gotta ask, do you have some type of mental condition from vast drug use, glue sniffing or eating red clay? It seems your posts over the years continue to paint you as a homeless person living in a van on a beach somewhere. Just curious, are you the same zengrifter from Barfarkels books? Try to find some compassion for people affected by this virus because it could be you. It only takes one infected person in your grocery store to transmit this virus to you.........as much as you come across as a self centered douche bag concerned only with yourself, I hope you stay safe and healthy. No one deserves what this virus does.

Albee said:
WTF ? I'm an upstate New Yorker and gotta ask, do you have some type of mental condition from vast drug use, glue sniffing or eating red clay? It seems your posts over the years continue to paint you as a homeless person living in a van on a beach somewhere. Just curious, are you the same zengrifter from Barfarkels books? Try to find some compassion for people affected by this virus because it could be you. It only takes one infected person in your grocery store to transmit this virus to you.........as much as you come across as a self centered douche bag concerned only with yourself, I hope you stay safe and healthy. No one deserves what this virus does.
Yes vast drug use, and also the former probably.

Counting_Is_Fun said:
Yes vast drug use, and also the former probably.
Albee said:
I'm sure just the vast drug abuse, and sniffing glue would easily explain the mental health condition....no need to have eaten red clay at all, although with said mental condition maybe he enjoys the taste. No judgement on the clay from me. I do however, have a few questions.....I have been reading old forum posts from a few different sites ( it makes me so sad that I wasn't around for "the good old days", but at least I can learn from the ones who were.) I have seen this Zen persons posts, and this may sound crazy but whatever, are all the names that have Zen, Xen, masters and grifters, including other forms of those names and letters, all one person, or 2 or 3 different people? I also wasn't sure if that would include the early posts on Norms site from the Flash version that was banned? I don't want to have to read every post from all the versions of ("him")..... I've had my fill just from what I have read while researching different topics. If it is all one person using different names, what really happened to him? If I'm asking too many questions, I'll understand if no one wants to answer.

BoSox

Cookingwithcards said:
I have seen this Zen persons posts, and this may sound crazy but whatever, are all the names that have Zen, Xen, masters and grifters, including other forms of those names and letters, all one person, or 2 or 3 different people? I also wasn't sure if that would include the early posts on Norms site from the Flash version that was banned?
Good questions, I often had the same problems.

KewlJ

No they were/are two very different people, although both longterm and controversial members (in different ways).

Zengrifter, for the most part goes by and has always gone by Zengrifter. When this site was re-incarnated, there was a problem with that handle (having been banned previously) that they couldn't seem to figure out, so he altered his handle to Xengrifter. he is now banned under that handle as well, so it all worked out. ;)

Flash on the other hand, was "Flash" for a long time, using different avatars, when all of the sudden, he switched to Zenmaster Flash. I think he was attempting to self elevate himself but it only served to be very confusing to most people. Good thing is he is gone now too isn't he? Or is he posting as someone else now?

johndoe

KewlJ said:
No they were/are two very different people, although both longterm and controversial members (in different ways).

Zengrifter, for the most part goes by and has always gone by Zengrifter. When this site was re-incarnated, there was a problem with that handle (having been banned previously) that they couldn't seem to figure out, so he altered his handle to Xengrifter. he is now banned under that handle as well, so it all worked out. ;)

Flash on the other hand, was "Flash" for a long time, using different avatars, when all of the sudden, he switched to Zenmaster Flash. I think he was attempting to self elevate himself but it only served to be very confusing to most people. Good thing is he is gone now too isn't he? Or is he posting as someone else now?
He's gone as far as I can tell. He had a pretty distinct style. I remember reading he was suffering some major health problems (he was an older guy).

KewlJ

johndoe said:
He's gone as far as I can tell. He had a pretty distinct style. I remember reading he was suffering some major health problems (he was an older guy).
Yeah, my choice of words in using "gone" was not the best. I certainly didn't mean it in that way. Hope he is well. I just appreciate not having to read his posts because he most certainly had an agenda.

Thanks KJ, I really appreciate the fact that you answered, even after someone else said it was too many questions!! I don't want to start trouble, I was reading past threads that included them and I just wanted to know.
I also wanted to say thanks for your posts on the forums, I enjoy reading most of them...I feel awful reading some of the threads attacking you. From what I've read, you seem very nice.

Rebecca C

Cookingwithcards said:
Thanks KJ, I really appreciate the fact that you answered, even after someone else said it was too many questions!! I don't want to start trouble, I was reading past threads that included them and I just wanted to know.
I also wanted to say thanks for your posts on the forums, I enjoy reading most of them...I feel awful reading some of the threads attacking you. From what I've read, you seem very nice.
I've learned a lot from KJ, too.

KewlJ

Thank you Rebecca C and cookingwithcards for the kind words. With all the crap associate with these forums (at least for me), it is reassuring to occasionally hear that others may have found something useful and beneficial at times. Really...it means a lot to me.

Rebecca C, I have learned from you too, AND I find your situation very interesting. Right or Wrong, or politically incorrect, I think you have a built in advantage that some of us don't have. ;)

Albee

I have not heard from Flash lately, but do have his contact info. I may drop him a text message. I always thought his heart was in the right place, but mentally he may have been struggling as of late.

Rebecca C said:
I've learned a lot from KJ, too.
KJ has been a solid poster on all forums for years...many of us have learned from him. You can tell he has lived it, unlike most others.
It's nice to see Rebecca C post after so long too...but I can't really blame her lol. These forums are nuts. But I would like to hear more of what she knows from the tables too. She seems smart, and it would be great to hear more from a woman and a real player.

beating vegas

Counting_Is_Fun said:
Best food? Nah. And that far from games? Nah, I call both of those cons.
Yes the games are horrible under most circumstances.. But there are great opportunities here and there.

But the food is good. Case in point have a slice of pizza in nyc or long Iland. Then the next trip to CT try a slice in CT it’s horrible.