Pit Boss Guaranteed Win on First Hand!

ZMan

This happened last weekend to me.

Was playing at a $15 minimum table. The pit boss (female) came up when the dealer was getting ready to shuffle. She asked the table if she could cut. We all agreed. After placing our bets, and the bets were closed, she said thanks. There were about 4 or 5 $15 bets and one $25 bet. Then she said, I'll guarantee everyone's a winner the first hand . We played out our hands and even if you busted she told the dealer "leave it". Then after the dealer made his hand, she said "Pay them all, I guaranteed they'd win" and winked at us all. That was nice, as about half of us would have lost.

Next shoe, we all cheered to bring the pit boss back for another cut. She came back and cut again. This time she said I'm not guaranteeing any wins this time. Bets were all about the same. This time, if you lost, she told the dealer to treat it as a push.
She then said "Thanks, everyone enjoy yourselves, but I can't do this anymore or surveillance will be calling me asking what the hell I'm doing. She laughed and went on her way. We all applauded her.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? These couple hands are really not a big deal, but hey, seemed like a nice gesture.

Kasi

ZMan;61280Has anyone ever seen anything like this? These couple hands are really not a big deal said:
Never have but I'd be pretty happy. A free unit? - that's like playing 3 hours for free lol.

EasyRhino

a) The secod time she came by, were people jacking up their bets, just in case she pulled the same trick?

b) Doesn't Cherokee use those crazy digital blackjack machines? The dealer's still able to do stuff like "leave" a busted hand on the table? Impressive. And wait, how the hell do they cut the deck?

jimmtech

Cut

Last time I was there the dealer said it was five decks and it always gets cut at 50%. Live digital blackjack. All the dealer does it push a couple buttons.

Last edited:

ZMan

EasyRhino said:
a) The secod time she came by, were people jacking up their bets, just in case she pulled the same trick?.
Actually, the opposite. I think everyone kept their bet the same, in hopes that she would do the same. If anybody jacked their bet way up, I'm sure she would not have done it. And, even so, she just made the losers PUSH instead of WIN on the second time.

EasyRhino said:
b) Doesn't Cherokee use those crazy digital blackjack machines? The dealer's still able to do stuff like "leave" a busted hand on the table? Impressive. And wait, how the hell do they cut the deck?
The dealer presses a button to 'cut' the cards. The machine of course showed that you lost the hand, but the dealer still paid you anyway.

Oh - and by the way - the display is funny.
You win - it says WIN
You push - it says PUSH
You lose - it says NO WIN -- Notice it doesn't say LOSE.
I'm sure that is a marketing deal.

Last edited:

rdorange

Win vs. Lose

ZMan said:
You win - it says WIN
You push - it says PUSH
You lose - it says NO WIN -- Notice it doesn't say LOSE.
I'm sure that is a marketing deal.
Same thing with slot machines. Notice when you win smaller than the amount you bet...the machine still says you won XX, even though your bet was XXXXX. A loss of XXX. It doesn't say you lost, it only says win!!!

Paradox

Yes

I have had this happen before, and similar things. If it happens regularly, flat bet the table max and get "chummy" with your new "friend". The advantage of automatic wins can be huge if it comes a couple times + per hour!