Plaza BJ, Vegas

The Mayor

according to CBJN

According to CBJN the Plaza game is the best in LV right now. If you are downtown, playing the other decent games available, just stop by the Plaza (then report back to us!).

answer

Yes, the game's still there (at least it was an hour ago).

However, they've removed the $25 table and there are now only two $5 tables and they're insanely sweaty so hit and run real fast and good luck.

Plaza

Recently (read last 8 days), I played 2 sessions on consecutive days and unfortunately around the same shift....once right during shift change. Many have debated playing at shift changes, but I found it a winner. There were chip fills to distract, card changes for the pit to do. The only person I saw that was "really sweaty" was the attractive Asian female pit boss.

I played GC and my buy in of several hundred generated attention immediately when I refused to be rated. Within a few minutes, I was approached by a host for my ID etc. I declined again. This ultimnately limited my play because I did not stay too long. The pen was about 75%. I had a nice win.

On my second session, I was watched far less closely than the forst (win was not quite as big and the shift change had then occupied. I was clearly the biggest player in the joint, but still played for 45 minutes.

I am comfortable that I was scrutinized, but ultimately sailed through. While I think they are kinda sweaty, I also believe that they are trying to get customers in and know that they are offering a good game. I also think they are not too quick to identify counters, but they are not incompetent. A couple of other GC players did wander in to the table and provided a distraction . All in all, I spread 1x1 to 2x9 at a high point and sailed in and out no problem. I may have been at my last leg, but the pit boss said, "please come on back!"

Great job not getting barred.....

I spent a week in Vegas not too long ago, during which I played the Plaza a few times at green chip level. First couple of times went okay in terms of heat, but I got major heat the final visit. As I was getting ready to go, that attractive Asian woman you mentioned tapped me on the shoulder and very politely flat-bet me. Oh, well. It was my first (and only) barring/banning/flat-betting experience.

The trip went well otherwise. I netted +$4200, despite my -$700 Plaza total (yes, I was way down when I was flat-bet). No major heat anywhere else (even including El Cortez)!

Mark S.

And they wer sweaty 5 years ago...

When I played there then they had a single deck game ( I haven't been back there since). One morning two bosses parked off my left shoulder as I sat next to third base playing heads-up. It was a $25 min table. I basically flat betted and won $150 in 20 minutes. Thanks everyone for the input.

Eric

plaza conditions

The Plaza certainly has a playable game (DD, S17, RSA 4x); however, the place does sound like the nexus of the card-counting universe, based on your similar experiences. And yes, the asian pit boss gal is quite the hottie, who was by far the most pleasant back off (oxymoron?) out of my 8 or so, but who's counting.