Ploppy Dealer "Witch"

monte_vv

I went out for a little Haloween play today at one of the local stores. The dealers were dressed up in their costumes and "Superman" was dealing a fine game, 6D H17 and was making an otherwise average game a little above average with his generous pen, cutting 1 deck off of 6. After several nice shoes with some nice wins towards the end of each, the dealers switched, and the "witch" took over about halfway through "Superman's" last shoe. She immediately began commenting on how shallow the cut was. She explained to me that she liked to cut a lot of the deck off in case it was a bad shoe, thus it will end sooner and help us players out. I asked her what if it happens to be a good shoe, then she would be ending it to soon. I also mentioned that she wouldn't have to shuffle so often if she cut less of the deck off. She couldn't come up with a good answer and just shrugged and kept on dealing. When she had to finally shuffle up, she cut 2+ decks off.... I colored up, took my wins in search of "Superman". Couldn't find him....guess Lois Lane called....

Jack_Black

had a dealer tonight that was dressed as the evil Red queen from Alice in wonderland. Some ploppy next to me kept on complaining about how she was a bad dealer by never busting or pulling 21s on our 20s. She was getting tired of listening to the guy, and I made the unfortunate joke about how she is truly evil for never busting and for dressing up as the red queen. She screamed out "it's not my fault! it just happens!" I felt bad and apologized.

mathman

Not that I want to hijack but....

monte_vv said:
I went out for a little Haloween play today at one of the local stores. The dealers were dressed up in their costumes and "Superman" was dealing a fine game, 6D H17 and was making an otherwise average game a little above average with his generous pen, cutting 1 deck off of 6. After several nice shoes with some nice wins towards the end of each, the dealers switched, and the "witch" took over about halfway through "Superman's" last shoe. She immediately began commenting on how shallow the cut was. She explained to me that she liked to cut a lot of the deck off in case it was a bad shoe, thus it will end sooner and help us players out. I asked her what if it happens to be a good shoe, then she would be ending it to soon. I also mentioned that she wouldn't have to shuffle so often if she cut less of the deck off. She couldn't come up with a good answer and just shrugged and kept on dealing. When she had to finally shuffle up, she cut 2+ decks off.... I colored up, took my wins in search of "Superman". Couldn't find him....guess Lois Lane called....
Sorry Monte if you think I'm hijacking your thread but you made me think of an interesting subject. What lines do people use to get the dealer to cut deeper? It's always tough without tipping your hand. What seems to work the best for me is "Man that was a quick shoe! Oh look there was still allot of cards left behind the cut card, that's why." I try to shame them into cutting deeper. Just wondering what other people have tried....JtMM:cool:

Jack_Black

mathman said:
Sorry Monte if you think I'm hijacking your thread but you made me think of an interesting subject. What lines do people use to get the dealer to cut deeper? It's always tough without tipping your hand. What seems to work the best for me is "Man that was a quick shoe! Oh look there was still allot of cards left behind the cut card, that's why." I try to shame them into cutting deeper. Just wondering what other people have tried....JtMM:cool:
Most dealers are set in their ways and won't change. Just look at Monte's "house" dealer, who wants players to lose because she loves her employers. His "superman" dealer is maybe lazy, spiteful and/or wants players to win so they will tip him some of the winnings.

I've met a few dealers that will vary the cut based on how I've been tipping them for the night. So I just straight tell them, I'll tip em if I get a few more rounds.

Blue Efficacy

Jack_Black said:
Most dealers are set in their ways and won't change. Just look at Monte's "house" dealer, who wants players to lose because she loves her employers. His "superman" dealer is maybe lazy, spiteful and/or wants players to win so they will tip him some of the winnings.

I've met a few dealers that will vary the cut based on how I've been tipping them for the night. So I just straight tell them, I'll tip em if I get a few more rounds.
Unless you can play with that dealer basically the whole shift that doesn't seem economical.

Jack_Black

:confused::confused::confused:

Y knot? I play a shift that has some people cutting 66-75% on DD. Although I have played through 50-60% shifts before. Same goes with shoes that are cut 1.5 to 1 deck.

moo321

Just ask for them to cut more. Or get an attitude "are you supposed to cut 3 decks off?" if they're cutting 2.

metronome

Beginning of the shoe , I go "c'mon deck and a half" (6d) or 'half a deck" (dd).
If they provide a decent cut ,at the end of said shoe and after the cut card shows itself, I slide a tip and comment, "now that was a good cut".
Oftentimes I will get repeated good cuts.
Sometimes makes not a bit of difference.
$10.00 minimum, I don't worry about heat. But then i don't broadcast my comments while the pit boss is near.