Poker maniac beat me 3 times, but I had the last laugh

I was playing on PokerStars and I see this player who was raising everything preflop. He was getting lucky with everything. He raised with a 3-6 preflop and beat 2 people with pocket Ace-King, including me. He was betting like a maniac for hours. He beat my pocket kings with pocket aces about 10 hands after doing the same to someone else with pocket kings. Finally I had pocket queens and raised 10x the big blind before the flop. Hit a third queen on the flop (Q 2 5). He goes all in, the turn was a four. The river was another deuce. That idiot called my 10x raise preflop with a 2-4 offsuit! And went all in with just a pair of deuces on the flop. Then I finally busted him out with pocket jacks that flopped a set. His luck ran out when he went all in with 2 pairs, 3s and 8s on the flop (the flop was J-3-8). It was entertaining to see him play and get lucky with terrible hole cards, but in the end it all worked out. At least since he was making so many pots big I got a lot of VIP points from the rake.

tezzadiver

alwayssplitaces said:
I was playing on PokerStars and I see this player who was raising everything preflop. He was getting lucky with everything. He raised with a 3-6 preflop and beat 2 people with pocket Ace-King, including me. He was betting like a maniac for hours. He beat my pocket kings with pocket aces about 10 hands after doing the same to someone else with pocket kings. Finally I had pocket queens and raised 10x the big blind before the flop. Hit a third queen on the flop (Q 2 5). He goes all in, the turn was a four. The river was another deuce. That idiot called my 10x raise preflop with a 2-4 offsuit! And went all in with just a pair of deuces on the flop. Then I finally busted him out with pocket jacks that flopped a set. His luck ran out when he went all in with 2 pairs, 3s and 8s on the flop (the flop was J-3-8). It was entertaining to see him play and get lucky with terrible hole cards, but in the end it all worked out. At least since he was making so many pots big I got a lot of VIP points from the rake.
I was playing a similar kind of muppet last night on PKR. He was a very loose donkey playing nearly every single hand and hitting most of them.

After about a half hour I got pocket Kings and raised from the button. The donk calls and flop comes out J 7 3 rainbow. He leads out for full pot and I raise allin. He calls - Turn comes out 10 and river 3.
Donk turns over Q3 to win the hand:flame: Typical:laugh:

Unfortunately he left the table afterwards so no chance to get it back. Will be hunting for him tonight though......

I'd expect those morons on the micro stakes games or the play money tables, not at .50/1. This guy won and lost over $300. He just defies the logic of poker, the rest of the table tightens up when he plays everything. I tightened up a lot, but called his preflop raises with any pocket pair or premium hand, and only raised and reraised him when I had a good hand like top pair or trips. It took me 4 hours and several buyins to bust him out, but it was definitely entertaining to see that guy risk so much money with crap hands and get lucky. I stayed up for several hours longer than I wanted to because I was determined to win my money back, and it paid off. And he certainly put the good players on tilt when he won people's stacks with terrible starting hands like Jack-2. It was nearly impossible to bluff or draw to a straight or flush since he'd put me all in if I bet or check the flop with just overcards if he had little as bottom pair, so the way to tame him was to flop a monster and match his aggression. It was impossible to tell what kind of starting hand he had (usually when someone raises 3x preflop, they have a premium hand, but he raised a lot preflop with anything) I've yet to see an idiot like that in live poker.

Jack_Black

alwayssplitaces said:
(usually when someone raises 3x preflop, they have a premium hand, but he raised a lot preflop with anything) I've yet to see an idiot like that in live poker.
They exist. saw a guy go all in with KK, and the only caller was a guy with 2 7 off. yes, the flop was 227. this happened in my local store and saw a similar situation at the Wynn vegas.

Jack_Black said:
They exist. saw a guy go all in with KK, and the only caller was a guy with 2 7 off. yes, the flop was 227. this happened in my local store and saw a similar situation at the Wynn vegas.
Was the guy with the 2 7 the dealer in a home game? If so something's fishy, especially if he had a large stack.

Jack_Black

alwayssplitaces said:
Was the guy with the 2 7 the dealer in a home game? If so something's fishy, especially if he had a large stack.
It was at my local store. players complain about how they can't ever bully someone out of a pot, especially when they have AA or KK. They complain about the rich donks and how loose the game is. I don't get what the complaining is about.

alwayssplitaces said:
This is a bit needlessly paranoid, isn't it? Even if the game were a home game (despite JB clearly stating otherwise) with a skilled mechanic dealing (highly unlikely), a good cheat would never do something as preposterous as deal 72o a boat on the flop.

Jack_Black said:
It was at my local store. players complain about how they can't ever bully someone out of a pot, especially when they have AA or KK. They complain about the rich donks and how loose the game is. I don't get what the complaining is about.
It's true that in live poker you can't push people out of pots pre-flop, but there's an easy answer! Just bet 8x pre with QQ+. You're getting a ton of value when people call with QJ, KQ, any pocket pair, any two suited cards (if only I were joking), etc. Cold-call and limp in position with hands that play well in multi-way pots, and value bet the hell out of everyone post-flop. If you have AA or KK, you're almost always light years ahead of everyone's range except for on seriously scary boards. Although live players will only remember the time that some tourist hit quads with their T7s vs. their KK, there are a million times that people will call flop and turn bets with air or weak draws and your overpairs get paid off nicely. Ah, live poker...