Poker Question

mjbballar23

Brock Windsor said:
What kind of hourly return are you looking at in the two online games described above if you can play 12 tables with a simple book based skillset? (premium hands only, use position, know your pot odds). What about with rakeback and bonuses?
-BW
Im afraid that most online games are at the point that a set in stone strategy isnt going to do very well. You really need to always be making adjustments to really beat the games.

Brock Windsor

moo321 said:
Rakeback, and especially bonuses, completely change the equation.

I used to make a killing off of those bonuses.
What does "a killing" translate into today? Im thinking of the time it takes for me to set up the account and play through a simple strategy quickly and get the bonus, rakeback, and hopefully stay ahead of the rake with my play. Is $80/hr out of the question? Just asking an opinion.
Thanks,
BW

moo321

Brock Windsor said:
What does "a killing" translate into today? Im thinking of the time it takes for me to set up the account and play through a simple strategy quickly and get the bonus, rakeback, and hopefully stay ahead of the rake with my play. Is $80/hr out of the question? Just asking an opinion.
Thanks,
BW
I used to be able to swing close to $50/hr just from the bonuses. 15-20 tabling with 10x bonuses it was quite easy to pull off.

There were stud games with consistently 20 big bets average pot size. The limit holdem games were often over 10 big bets average pot size.

Also, back then there were the monthlies and "bottomless" bonuses. The Crypto network used to offer close to a grand in monthlies.

Today, I have no idea. The best poker bonus site used to be bonuswhores.com. I have no idea what it's like today, but probably closer to 20x raked hands to clear a bonus.

The tracking software I think really did in the games. The "pros" (usually 2+2 grind-monkeys who played a canned strategy to win 2 big blinds/100) got such an advantage over the donks, that it really hurt the games.