Which would you take?

• Take the 90% chance of getting an 80% return

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Keep playing BJ as I do now

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Machinist said:
Tthree,
And these are the idiots that lead the headlines for gun control. I have had one gun in my lifetime that I accidentally discharged. It was a 22 semiauto pistol that I wasn't familiar with. I was trying to make sure it was unloaded, a friend handed it to me to look at. I asked is it unloaded.....answer "yes".
So as I was taught at at the age of 12 in hunters safety school, I was pointing it away from everybody upward since I was in a room with a concrete floor. I was trying to figure out the safety and such, pulled the action back and to this day I have no idea how it went off!!!! The clip was out and obviously a shell was still in the chamber!!! Wow,!!! Talk about a shock!!!!
But since I had grown up with a HUGE respect for guns, and the handling of guns, this situation ended up with a small hole to patch in the roof.
This was not the first time I have run into a gun that wqs supposedly unloaded. Ugghhh

I'm with Aslan, NEVER in a million years would you get me to put a weapon to my head for a chance at money. Life is just to much fun!!!!
Thunder????? Your joking right???

Machinist
I have had dozens of guns and handle guns a lot. I've handled a few with broken or intermittently broken safety mechanisms. The only time I had one go off unexpectedly, I was uncapping my muzzleloading rifle. The hammer fell and it went off. The gun had set triggers and the hammer was locked. I am not sure why it fell but everyone was behind me and it was pointed at the sky away from them. Other than people being upset that they were surprised by the boom ( muzzleloaders are really loud) no harm because I knew gun safety. It should be taught in schools.

My nephew goes to the University of Montana. They have gun racks for you to store your guns all over campus. Nobody gets shot and if a gunman tried to shoot up the campus he would be riddled with bullets shortly after he started his killing spree. Compare that to gun restricted areas like Virginia Tech were gunmen kill until they run out of clips and ammunition. I know I would feel much safer with a well armed populous to deal with these crazies rather than waiting for them to run out of ammo. The police don't rush in to save anyone. Look at Columbine. They take a long time to get there and set up a perimeter and wait to see how many within the perimeter get slaughtered.

Last edited:

aslan

blackriver said:
If this made it safe to drink text eat be distracted or fatigued this would be too good deal to pass up
Yes it might be appealing...:grin: unless you were not one of the twenty thousand executed. :eek: