Possible Heat?

First I have to say that after so much practice and discipline, all the studying and effort has finally paid off! And I mean it has paid off! I finally hit a big win on Saturday night! Of course I won't let this win feel as though I'm invincible, but man it feels good. I'm sure you all have felt that feeling when all your hard works paid off. Anyway, I noticed that as I was standing there playing (was too excited to sit), one of the pit bosses chose to stand a few feet behind me staring at me. Usually the pit bosses would be on the other side of the table doing whatever they do. But this night, he stood behind me giving me the stare. You know how when you're just minding your business and then you turn around and you see someone staring at you...and you're like hmm? Well that's what happened. Haha. But it's weird because after I cashed in my chips, I went into the bathroom and I pushed the bathroom door kind of hard having the door hit the same pit boss who was walking out of the bathroom. I said, "Sorry about that." And he didn't say anything but just stared at me and walked out. Weird huh? Possible heat? Just wanted to share the story! Thanks guys!

flyingwind

I've also experienced the same, a PC standing behind me. But not only standing and staring, but also writing down something on a pad. I'm sure she was just taking some notes on how to play like a good player. ;)

MasterofNone

Abalam619 said:
First I have to say that after so much practice and discipline, all the studying and effort has finally paid off! And I mean it has paid off! I finally hit a big win on Saturday night! Of course I won't let this win feel as though I'm invincible, but man it feels good. I'm sure you all have felt that feeling when all your hard works paid off. Anyway, I noticed that as I was standing there playing (was too excited to sit), one of the pit bosses chose to stand a few feet behind me staring at me. Usually the pit bosses would be on the other side of the table doing whatever they do. But this night, he stood behind me giving me the stare. You know how when you're just minding your business and then you turn around and you see someone staring at you...and you're like hmm? Well that's what happened. Haha. But it's weird because after I cashed in my chips, I went into the bathroom and I pushed the bathroom door kind of hard having the door hit the same pit boss who was walking out of the bathroom. I said, "Sorry about that." And he didn't say anything but just stared at me and walked out. Weird huh? Possible heat? Just wanted to share the story! Thanks guys!
Since they are never nearby when you actually need them use the opportunity to ask them for a food comp for the steakhouse.

Watching feet?

I always though the reason they stood behind me was to see if I was counting aces with my feet, or maybe to see if I was ratholing chips.

Thanks for the response guys! Yeah, I should have given him my card and asked for a comp. Lol. Or maybe you're right intermediate, maybe he was watching my feet. Or as someone mentioned earlier, maybe he was just checking me out...LOL.

Southpaw

Sounds like heat to me. You shouldn't have cashed out that night, and you should not have gone to the bathroom after. Assuming it was ideal to leave, you should have went straight for the door. (There have been some arguments made for playing through heat if you think that the pit is only suspicious of the play that is going down, as leaving at the first sign of heat may confirm their suspicions).

I think the reason they stand behind you is that they don't want you to know that they are watching you because you might start playing differently if you knew they were watching. Also, it puts them in great position for the tap. I highly doubt it has anything to do with them looking for people counting aces with their feet.

Spaw