Power Sim / Average Bet

Power Sim / Average Bet

Hello everyone, I have done a simulation of 10 billion hands with the following spread TC +2: $ 10 +3: $ 20 +4: $ 50 +5: $ 80 +6: thereafter $ 80 and the average bet is $ 4.93 .. why is it less than $ 10 ???

DSchles

Goodrodrich said:
Power Sim / Average Bet

Hello everyone, I have done a simulation of 10 billion hands with the following spread TC +2: $ 10 +3: $ 20 +4: $ 50 +5: $ 80 +6: thereafter $ 80 and the average bet is $ 4.93 .. why is it less than $ 10 ???
Because you've obviously made a mistake. What are the game conditions? What does Power Sim mean?

Don

BJgenius007

Goodrodrich said:
Power Sim / Average Bet

Because you bet $0 when TC +1 or below. The majority of the time you bet $0.

BJgenius007 said:
Because you bet $0 when TC +1 or below. The majority of the time you bet $0.

Correct, multiply the frequency by the TC bet 《+1: $ 0, +2: $ 10, +3: $ 20, +4: $ 50, +5: $ 80 and the average bet is $ 4.93 according to the simulator.

Be careful in real life the average bet is $ 30.08 when I multiply the frequency by the bet from TC +2 onwards.

In conclusion, the expected profit doing Wong Out must be higher than what the simulator says because the average bet multiplied by the frequency (Rounds) multiplied by the advantage that the PSIM gives is greater.

DSchles

I can't get to the site. It is being blocked as a malicious site by Norton. In any event, first I've ever heard of it. Since the advent of the CV products, I've never heard of anyone running a sim using any other software.

Don

DSchles said:
I can't get to the site. It is being blocked as a malicious site by Norton. In any event, first I've ever heard of it. Since the advent of the CV products, I've never heard of anyone running a sim using any other software.

Don

Is the page of Arnold Snyder

johndoe

The site and powersim are both legit. I see no reason for Norton to flag it other than it relates to gambling.

Powersim is useful because it's accurate and completely open source, so it can be easily changed for unusual circumstances. For example, I used it to verify my partial info HC strategy, as well as a few promos with unusual rules ~10 years ago. The language xbasic is truly awful, but it gets the job done.

As for the average bet, it's probably including your $0 bets as part of the average.

johndoe said:
The site and powersim are both legit. I see no reason for Norton to flag it other than it relates to gambling.

Powersim is useful because it's accurate and completely open source, so it can be easily changed for unusual circumstances. For example, I used it to verify my partial info HC strategy, as well as a few promos with unusual rules ~10 years ago. The language xbasic is truly awful, but it gets the job done.

As for the average bet, it's probably including your $0 bets as part of the average.

is correct ... can you help me on how to find the variance that PowerSim says?

johndoe

Not off hand, but I remember the numbers were accurate. If you want to disregard the $0 bets from all statistics you'll have to dig into the code.