QFIT side bet sim question

Nynefingers

I am trying to use CVData to sim a game with a side bet to determine how exactly it affects my SCORE, SD and RoR. I have already hand-calculated the EV reasonably precisely (and by hand, I mean Excel :grin:). I had issues for a while before realizing that the side bet amount was a fraction of your bet size and not simple a dollar amount. The side bet I am playing is a fixed $0.50 per hand. I have set the payouts as fixed amounts. So far, the best I've come up with is to set the bet size at 0 and add an extra side bet with a payout of -0.50 on any hand with all payouts additive (all of the other hands with bonuses are mutually exclusive) Am I on the right track? Now do I need to scale all of the payout numbers by the unit size? In other words, with a $5 unit, do I need to change the -0.50 payout to -0.10?

Edit: To clarify what I'm looking for, how about an example. How would I sim a game with a $0.50 side bet that pays $10 on a blackjack and $15 on a suited blackjack? The side bet size and payout remains constant regardless of your betting level, and a quick and dirty calculation tells me this is worth somewhere around $3-4 per hour if you make the side bet every hand. If I can figure out how to sim this, I think I can figure out the rest on my own. Are there any good example side bets included that would help me understand how to do this?