Question about KO Full indices

First post :)

I've been studying KO Full indices and was wondering if it would do any harm to "merge" them so that both 1D/DD are the same (1D indices) and 6D/8D indices are the same (6D indices). I ask this question because I've been playing on my friend's CVBJ using the KO Full system and it seems as if the tables are set up this way. From my understanding based on what I've read in KOBJ, the tables for 1D and 2D are not very different (same goes for 6D and 8D). Perhaps I have misinterpreted the charts? Any ideas?

Thanks

revrac

it wouldn't make much difference for the 6 and 8 deck as the indicies are really close and each movement has a smaller impact on those. Now for the single and double deck it would make a bit more difference as they are not as similar and each movement of the index would have a larger impact. Personally I use pretty much the same index for an 8 deck, with just a few alterations for the surrender rules. Also a lot of the points on the index if your using COBJ ideas you just make relative to the key count so it actually is the same number for 6 and 8...for example, KO Full has you double 11 vs Ace at the key count plus 2, so i don't have a number memorized, just know its at the key +2 for each since you'd be using a moving key count.

superyoungg said:
First post :)

I've been studying KO Full indices and was wondering if it would do any harm to "merge" them so that both 1D/DD are the same (1D indices) and 6D/8D indices are the same (6D indices). I ask this question because I've been playing on my friend's CVBJ using the KO Full system and it seems as if the tables are set up this way. From my understanding based on what I've read in KOBJ, the tables for 1D and 2D are not very different (same goes for 6D and 8D). Perhaps I have misinterpreted the charts? Any ideas?

Thanks
Yes, that would be okay. There may be a couple 2-3 indices that would diverge between 1 and 2 deck. Maybe someone will point them out. But I think your theory is sound.

For the 6-8D #s you may be able to resolve them together in such a way that you merely use your 1-2D #s X2 or there abouts. This isn't so much a sim thing, but rather - you eyebal them all with the goal of finding a compromised 'compoiste' set. zg

Thank You

Thank you! I hadn't thought to look for such specific patterns or similarities between the different indices to help me memorize them. TBH, I've just been trying to brute-force-flashcard-memorize them all lol. The methods you two put forward seem much more efficient.

That said, I have another question.

For KO Full 6D, 9v2 is RC -4. is it safe to assume that i can also double A8v2 at -4 as well? AFAIK, all soft doubles are to be done per BS when using KO, and according to the BS chart provided in the KO Blackjack book, A8v2 is stand always.

Thanks again!

Renzey

superyoungg said:
For KO Full 6D, 9v2 is RC -4. is it safe to assume that i can also double A8v2 at -4 as well?
No No! A/8 vs. 2 is "9 or 19". With 9 vs. 2, you don't have the option of playing it as a made 19. Remember, your best decision is always a case of most productive alternatives. Being able to call your A/8 a 19 defers doubling it as a 9 all the way to a true count of +8. With 6 deck KO and an IRC of -20, that's about equal to an RC of +14 (at the 3.5 dealt deck mark).

The one extra "perk" about doubling an A/8 is if you catch a deuce, you have 21 and in effect were doubling an actual 19, as opposed to being stuck with an 11 (as when you doubled say, 6/3).

Last edited:
Renzey said:
No No! A/8 vs. 2 is "9 or 19". With 9 vs. 2, you don't have the option of playing it as a made 19. Remember, your best decision is always a case of most productive alternatives. Being able to call your A/8 a 19 defers doubling it as a 9 all the way to a true count of +8. With 6 deck KO and an IRC of -20, that's about equal to an RC of +14 (at the 3.5 dealt deck mark).

The one extra "perk" about doubling an A/8 is if you catch a deuce, you have 21 and in effect were doubling an actual 19, as opposed to being stuck with an 11 (as when you doubled say, 6/3).
Got it. Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding.