Question for Rob McGarvey

BjFool

Tell me do the indices for Hi-Opt II that you gave me through a sim (there are more than 120) reflect the true count divided by the number of half decks or complete decks?

thanks

Rob McGarvey

"Tell me do the indices for Hi-Opt II that you gave me through a sim (there are more than 120) reflect the true count divided by the number of half decks or complete decks?"

It is the running count per deck. You divide your running count to come up with your true count. The way you said divide TC...you don't divide your TC. Once you get good enough to see that there is 1.5 decks left and you have an RC of +6 your TC is +4.

BjFool

Let me give you an exemple:

game: 6 decks

dealer's up card : 4
my hand : 13
running count -14
2 decks remaing (so the TC would actually be: -7)

now the indices you provided with your sims say hit if < -5

TC (-7) < -5 ; so according to the indices I should hit right?

if that's correct the -5 number represents the TC (RC / # of decks remaining)

let me know

appreciate your help, always

BjFool

Rob McGarvey

Re: -7

Bang on. You only have a min bet out, but proper play is still paramount to our success in the end. A dealer named Patrick at the Stardust told me I was the luckiest kid he ever saw. He has been dealing since Livercrotchy was tinkling the keys in LV, so I take that as a major compliment. The count had tanked and I was sitting at third hitting stiffs and beating him hand after hand. A couple was sitting at second. He was betting black and his wife was on his right betting red. I asked him if he had a problem with my plays out of respect for his black action and he told me I was doing a great job and to play any way I saw fit. Patrick ended up busting more that I did for that particular shuffle. 2 deck game. I should have told him to bet 2 black when I had more than a red out, but he was a bit too talkative and would probably have said something to Pat, although I'm sure they knew I was counting.

hammer

rob/veggie hits/rid of the pit crew.

Not necessarily, I saw a kid a few nights ago that started with
$100,and walked in two hours with $15,000.
Winning hand after hand betting big,and surprise, it was
a csm deck.

Noticed on Don's site that he advocates not counting
cards when playing db exposure bjack.LLuck has the game with a
decent pen and easy to jump,if you so desire.

While in Veggie at one particular club the pitgal nearly zoomed
up to my face(female pit) and did the stare routine. How
did I get rid of her: by mentioning loudly to other players
about the gal dealer that got shot at the gg and the next
hit in town will be a pit,she then left.

Rob McGarvey

Re: rob/veggie hits/rid of the pit crew.

Whew! You came pretty close to threatening her, something I would be careful of. There are people out there with a lot of enemies and if someone does them you could be a suspect. Heck you can tell a lady she is looking very pretty today and end up getting fired for sexual harassment. I have a friend that has an X that calls the cops and tells them he threated her on the Friday of a long weekend sending him to jail for the weekend! That happened three times before they figured out what was going on.