reflections

aslan

Dopple said:
Congrats Kewl, I have always admired your conviction and manner. You are living the dream I once pursued.
I, too, admire your conviction and manner, and honor your success, but I'd like to play devil's advocate and say, "Don't let your success carry you away." Without knowing your background and struggles, etc., except those chronicled here in the Forum, I want to say that you have exceptional qualities that might achieve the same independence and more money, not that money is the sole measure by any means, in many other fields. As an AP, I hope you look to opportunities that the future will avail, whether they be related to blackjack, gaming or some entirely different field. You have already proven you can do it; this would be a good time, while you're reflecting, to consider other mountains to climb and other dreams to consider. But whatever you decide at each point along the way, I am absolutely confident that you will succeed, and want to say that you have my unreserved belief in your ability, knowledge, skill, drive, discipline and native smarts to go as far as your heart can take you. I feel humbled by your accomplishment. :1st: Kudos to you CoolJason-- you really are kewl!

paddywhack

aslan said:
I, too, admire your conviction and manner, and honor your success, but I'd like to play devil's advocate and say, "Don't let your success carry you away." Without knowing your background and struggles, etc., except those chronicled here in the Forum, I want to say that you have exceptional qualities that might achieve the same independence and more money, not that money is the sole measure by any means, in many other fields. As an AP, I hope you look to opportunities that the future will avail, whether they be related to blackjack, gaming or some entirely different field. You have already proven you can do it; this would be a good time, while you're reflecting, to consider other mountains to climb and other dreams to consider. But whatever you decide at each point along the way, I am absolutely confident that you will succeed, and want to say that you have my unreserved belief in your ability, knowledge, skill, drive, discipline and native smarts to go as far as your heart can take you. I feel humbled by your accomplishment. :1st: Kudos to you CoolJason-- you really are kewl!
Aw Aslan you almost made me :cry:

kewljason

Thanx guys. As always, I appreciate your comments and feedback. As 21forme and Flash have stated, everything I love about Vegas, the excitemnet and lifestyle, may just be exactly what others hate about it. :laugh: (see...city mouse/country mouse) Too each his own.

Also 21, found that comment about growing up on the board amusing. I try, but not sure how much I have grown up. :eek:

Syph

Hey guys,

Just swinging by to say hi and caught KJ's post.

Good on you.

Now, you know that I think little of counting as a means of building a bankroll. And even less as a sole means of support. I think I've made my feelings known on that matter for a number of years now.

But so what?

Anyone can arm themselves to the teeth in preparation for war, but to stand naked and vulnerable, armed with nothing other than technology half a century old against a juggernaut of countermeasures and surveillance ... that makes you exceptionally brave. That's hero shit.

When you succeed, and I'm certain you will, your soul will be cast of iron.

All the best,
Syph

(ps And yes, do go to college or uni. There are great experiences to be had everywhere, but that's a place you don't want to miss out on.)

You Have Arrived, Now Get the H#ll Out

Congrats Kewl
I am not going to try to talk you into doing something else. If you are doing well financially and enjoying yourself, then why make this big change? Now, I would recommend you live a frugal lifestyle, let that bank grow to perhhhhhaps 1/8th kelly so you don't worry about losses ever again! Also, you need to protect your bank for "after" bj. Whenever that is.

good cards
:joker::whip:

kewljason

blackjack avenger said:
Congrats Kewl
I am not going to try to talk you into doing something else. If you are doing well financially and enjoying yourself, then why make this big change? Now, I would recommend you live a frugal lifestyle, let that bank grow to perhhhhhaps 1/8th kelly so you don't worry about losses ever again! Also, you need to protect your bank for "after" bj. Whenever that is.

good cards
:joker::whip:
Very good advice, BJ avenger, especially the part about living modest and bankroll growth. I have tried to do so. I did try to take advantage of the depressed real estate market and bought a property here, which I hope in the long term (very long it looks like...:laugh:) will serve as an investment. In the mean time, the low mortgage payments, provide for very low housing costs. Much lower than if I had rented, even considering the reduced rents here.

As for the suggestions of furthering my education from different members, it surprised me a little as I don't think I indicated that I was looking for any kind of change right now. I am extremely happy with where I am at in life. Love what I am doing and am planning on continuing to do so at least for the foreseeable future. Still, always good advice, and appreciate the concern. :)

BrianCP

Well Kewl, when I am rich, I will put you through college free of charge!

Sound too good to be true? Well a cop didn't have tip money for a waitress, but he had a lottery ticket. He promised her half of the winnings if he won any money.

He hit the jackpot and payed up.

prankster

hmmmm,let's see-living a couple of blocks from the strip-playing blackjack whenever, wherever, it's a rough life but somebodys gotta do it!:joker: