Resource for side bets

I wonder if there is a resource that has analyzed and suggests a HiLo count when placing a side bet is optimal? Where I play, the 21÷3 is most common and also when I visit Lax Vdgas, the Lucky Lucky side bet.

Meistro

Hi lo doesn't work for lucky lucky. This side bet is countable but requires a specialized count because the high value cards that you want in the shoe are sixes, sevens and eights.

Meistro said:
Hi lo doesn't work for lucky lucky. This side bet is countable but requires a specialized count because the high value cards that you want in the shoe are sixes, sevens and eights.
I dont use the Jacobson or the Howe LLucky count, I keep a running tally of 678 and rA and make the sucker bet based on density.
ZeeBabar said:
I wonder if there is a resource that has analyzed and suggests a HiLo count when placing a side bet is optimal? Where I play, the 21÷3 is most common and also when I visit Lax Vdgas, the Lucky Lucky side bet.
There are some good resource links here -
http://www.zenzoneforum.com/threads/28872-Info-on-Beatable-BJ-Side-Bets

Meistro

xengrifter said:
I dont use the Jacobson or the Howe LLucky count, I keep a running tally of 678 and rA and make the sucker bet based on density.
That's an interesting approach, do you also count zen simultaneously?

Maestro, I would like you to figure out the optimal density number for each quarter deck played in a double deck game... Based on a 10-1 suited 21 pay table.

Please?

Meistro

The average EOR of 678 is 1.3% and the initial house edge is 2.6%. There are 12 sixes, sevens and eights per deck representing a ration of 10;3 of non 678 to 678. So we should expect to see 3 678s per quarter. Except this is for the 15:1 suited 21 table. The 10:1 table increases the house edge to 5%, so you are going to need on average 4 excess 678s per deck to break even. So at .5 deck dealt you would need 6 extra 678s to break even. You would expect to see 6 of these at this point so you are looking at a strike point of 12 678s at .5 deck.

How did I do?

Meistro

No you know what it's just +4 over the typical amount. So at 1/4 deck you are looking for +7, at 1/2 deck you are looking for +10, at 3/4 deck you are looking for +13 etc.

Meistro said:
The average EOR of 678 is 1.3% and the initial house edge is 2.6%. There are 12 sixes, sevens and eights per deck representing a ration of 10;3 of non 678 to 678. So we should expect to see 3 678s per quarter. Except this is for the 15:1 suited 21 table. The 10:1 table increases the house edge to 5%, so you are going to need on average 4 excess 678s per deck to break even. So at .5 deck dealt you would need 6 extra 678s to break even. You would expect to see 6 of these at this point so you are looking at a strike point of 12 678s at .5 deck.

How did I do?
I include the rA in my running tally, so factor rAces into equation.

xengrifter said:
I include the rA in my running tally, so factor rAces into equation.
(2D) Something like this - help me fix it -

decks seen / 678rA seen

0.33D............. 0 or less
0.50D............. 2....."
0.75D............. 6....."
1.00D............ 10....."
1.25D .............15....."
1.50D .............20....."

Last edited:
A couple questions grifter:

What is rA?

And do you do any adjustments to your main blackjack bet when both the zen count and the LL counts are high? Those 678s are not exactly good for the main bet.

hitthat16 said:
A couple questions What is rA?

And do you do any adjustments to your main blackjack bet when both the zen count and the LL counts are high? Those 678s are not exactly good for the main bet.
rA is red ace.
No main count betting-adjustment is needed to offset excess 678A, IMO....
... but help me think it through.

OTOH, excess or shortage of 678A can absolutely be used for playing adjustment.*
*ie, 'multiparameter adjustments' for play of stiffs.

Last edited:
xengrifter said:
(2D) Something like this - help me fix it -
decks seen / 678rA seen
0.33D............. 0 or less
0.50D............. 2....."
0.75D............. 6....."
1.00D............ 10....."
1.25D .............15....."
1.50D .............20....."
hitthat16 said:
do you do any adjustments to your main blackjack bet when both the zen count and the LL counts are high? Those 678s are not exactly good for the main bet.
xengrifter said:
rA is red ace.
Main count betting-adjustment is NOT needed to offset excess 678A, IMO....
... but help me think it through.

OTOH, excess or shortage of 678A can absolutely be used for playing adjustment.*
*ie, 'multiparameter adjustments' for play of stiffs.
Anyone?