Risk-Averse Indices

Mayor, I read "An Introduction to Risk" and am now intrigued. Does anyone know where I can find this information? I'd definitely love to compare the Hi-Lo Illus. 18 that I use with a risk-averse style indice.

Every game in my area is 6D, H17, DAS, re-split x3 except Aces, no surrender. Found one place with an extremely simple shuffle and hammered it until they went to shuffle machines.

Risk

You can find a good discussion of Risk-Averse Index numbers in Don Schlesinger's Blackjack Attack III(available at the online catalog at advantageplayer.com, among other places). There are several good discussions of other risk-related aspects of blackjack in it as well, notably the SCORE chapter.

The 'extra' value of 'risk-averse' indices...

... versus the tradtional EV-type indices is negligible, though the RA variety is now the preferred standard. zg

Theef

The one dramatic difference between RA and non-RA indices

is 10 vs 10. If I recall correctly the RA Hi-Lo index for doubling is very high, like 8; the other RA Hi-Lo indices are no more than 1 away from their corresponding non-RA indices. (As always, correct me if I'm mistaken.)

There's another one

although I don't know what it is for Hi Lo, but for AOII, and depending on the game, the index for A6 vs 2 is +8. There are others, but not with the dramatic change that a TC of 6 points gives.

cheers
bfb

:) Understandable. However,

They have these things today known as high speed computer chips. And along with two really, really good index generator applications known as SBA and CVDATA, you can produce your very own RA indices that are, in fact, superior to Bryce's.

There's not a great deal of differences, but they're there. You'll find that most of the high stakes BJ players use their own indices. and more specifically, tailored to their specific games.

For clarification's sake, Blackjack for Blood, both the betting ramps, and Advanced Omega II with an ace side count, were targeted for Single and Double Deck. I've been an AOII user since 1992. And if anyone picked up the book today, learned this incredible count system, with the published indices, they would be very happy, and not notice a great deal of difference for moderate stakes.

It just so happens, that A6 vs 2 falls into that category of very high risk play variations, that high stakes players would just as soon avoid, or should I say, should avoid, at the published index of +2. The same type of effect is present with 10 vs 10. The published index is +9, and the correct RA indice is +13.

Hope this helps
bfb