Rivers started using i-Tables

alwayssplitaces said:
In the first few months, there were many misdeals at the Parx i-Tables. Sometimes it was the dealer's fault, sometimes the machine didn't read a card, sometimes a card got jammed, and one time a player spilled his drink on the machine. The misdeals slowed down the game, which negated the increase in speed.
They had great pen though, sometimes.

Now Parx only has the covered discard trays. We know how to count in that situation, but does surveillance? I highly doubt it. Sounds like an opportunity!

kewljason

Automatic Monkey said:
They had great pen though, sometimes.

Now Parx only has the covered discard trays. We know how to count in that situation, but does surveillance? I highly doubt it. Sounds like an opportunity!
The covered discard tray doesn't hinder counting. It only makes the true count conversion more difficult. I don't think the true count conversion is that important to surveillance. Different players have different spreads and bet ramps anyway, so what does tc +3 really tell them. They are able to tell if the shoe is fairly positive by running count alone. And if the shoe is fairly positive and the target or targets place a larger bets, well that's all they are really looking for, isn't it.

Now on to a question I have asked before. Can Pa ban/backoff players? I read through the hundreds of pages of regulations last year and although I am not a lawyer, it seemed to me to say that they could not. Seems like a number of players have experienced such over the last year, so mostly likely I misinterpreted the legal jargon that I was trying to make sense of. Anyone know for sure what the Pa law say?

Last edited:

bj bob

Mewtwo said:
The big thing the dealers mentioned to me was snuffing out player miscommunication - "No, I wanted to stand, not take a hit" when they gave an ambiguous or the wrong hand signal.
Yet another great reason for pitch games!!

aslan

Automatic Monkey said:
Those Parx I-tables had some great pen though!
Is it true they were using them to analyze a players game, whether or not his increased betting correlated with the count?