Rookie starting out needing advice!!!

Winneratlosing said:
Thanks the replies, Trip BR ofcourse, Most blackjack books i have show a formula to show my hourly EV so i don't need cvcx, only 2 things that concern me bankroll and heat other than that i should be good to go
You can calculate RoR by the following:

Units = minimum bet (when count is at +0 & +1)

So, if a $5,000 bank roll, then you may have a $10-$100 bet spread...and a 10% RoR

400 Units: ~20% Risk of Ruin. For any of us who’ve played blackjack professionally, you would never want to run at this level for long, as you wouldn’t want to wipe out your capital once out of every 5 bankrolls. But I know Ben and I started higher than this. So again, you can decide if 20% is appropriate relative to your other options.

500 Units: ~10% Risk of Ruin. Still high for long-term, but 9/10 card counters will be okay if they started with 500 units (of course, once you’ve been winning, you wouldn’t keep re-sizing your bets to stay at 10% risk… it’s assuming you start at that level and keep playing the same stakes as your units increase).

1000 Units: ~1% Risk of Ruin. Once we were living off of blackjack, I preferred 1% or lower. With $2k, I had little to lose. But when card counting was a full-time job making me well over $100/hr I didn’t want to go back to waiting tables!