Sands, Parx, and Mount Airy

aslan

kewljason said:
Yes, in AC and other places, if the cut card is the first card out in a round, they do not play that round. I have yet to actually see if Pa handles it the way the rule is stated, but if they do, it is actually deeper penetration than at first glance. :)

I remember the first time I read through the rules I was stunned at the mention of a "double shoe" in section 549.2 subsection G. To date I have not seen nor heard of any mention of use of such a shoe. I guess it is for future consideration.

However, Parx is using covered shoes with hidden discard trays, which I see no mention of in the rules. As a matter of fact section 549.2 subsection F states that "each blackjack table shall have a discard rack securely attached to the top of the dealer's side of the table. Subsection 2 goes on to say "the discard rack must have a distinct and clearly visable mark on it's side to show the exact height for a stack of cards equal to the total in use". These hidden discard racks at Parx seem to clearly violate these rules. :confused:
By double tray, do they mean alternating decks each round, hence requiring a running count on BOTH sets of cards? Hmmm. I think KO can handle that, provided we can find a way to "park" the RC for the idle set of cards. A little "finger magic" under the table seems in order.

aslan said:
By double tray, do they mean alternating decks each round, hence requiring a running count on BOTH sets of cards? Hmmm. I think KO can handle that, provided we can find a way to "park" the RC for the idle set of cards. A little "finger magic" under the table seems in order.
I might be wrong, but I think they are referring to ASM which have compartments for 2 sets of however many decks are being dealt out at that specific table.

bj21abc

Having re-read my post :)grin:)

This sounds like it should be fairly easy to fool by using cheap camo at min bets (doubling 12 vs 2, standing on 16 v 10, even money on blackjacks etc) - your player skill level should plummet....unless it's weighted.

bj21abc said:
Quoting from the Shufflemaster (TM:)) site - my bolds.

"Utilizing six touch-screen player stations embedded in a standard size blackjack table, the i-Table™ combines an intuitive electronic betting interface with a live dealer who deals the selected game from the appropriate Shuffle Master Utility Product (i.e. i-Shoe Auto intelligent card reading shoe for games like blackjack and baccarat, or the i-Deal specialty shuffler that includes card recognition).

By automating the betting process, the i-Table dramatically increases live table game security, accuracy and speed, resulting in an estimated 30% increase in rounds per hour while eliminating errors. Further, its integrated card and bet recognition functionality instantaneously records a variety of crucial table game data points including actual win/loss and handle per player while providing accurate player ratings and skill analysis.
"

aslan

V Lazlo said:
I might be wrong, but I think they are referring to ASM which have compartments for 2 sets of however many decks are being dealt out at that specific table.
Good guess, but if you're right, they are improperly calling a shuffling device a shoe. Even when an ASM is utilized, so also is a separate shoe used. Card are dealt from a shoe, but no cards are dealt from an ASM. Now if you think they are referring to a CSM, a shuffling device that you can also deal from, there is still the question of what constitutes a double shoe.

Here's the regulation:

If a double shoe is utilized [pretend they mean ASM], Blackjack shall be played with at least two decks of cards that shall be dealt from separate sides of the dealing shoe [they sure do muck it up when they now refer to it as the DEALING SHOE, as if cards will be dealt from this shoe] with the same number of decks used in each side of the double shoe.

But I agree, they may very well mean ASM; they just have trouble speaking in plain English, a common lawyer trait.